MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 1 Help

Keyrite 1 Help Post Keyrite 1 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 29th, 2004, 12:44 AM

KeyRite 1.2.0.2 Key change problem

KeyRite will not write a ouput wave file when the Key change is " 0 ".

I have a original karaoke CD and some songs, from Sound Choice, are either to low or to high for me and I have imported all songs into to a Wave format instead of CDG format so I can use KeyRite to change the Key change options which goes from -5 to +5.

Anyway, I have one of those song that the input key change is at -1 so I wanted to bring it to the Key change " 0 " so the song can be more at my tone of voice but when I tried to ouput the song to another name with the Key change " 0 ", I have received a message stating this: " No Shift amount specified nothing to do "

It seems that KeyRite 1.2.0.2 does not write ouput file if the Key change is " 0 " so I either have to use the Key change +1 which is a bit higher for my tone of voice...

Is it anything I can do to overcome this problem?

Thank you for your concern!
Denis Auger
Old April 30th, 2004, 08:19 AM

Quote:
KeyRite will not write a ouput wave file when the Key change is " 0 ".
That's because at 0 setting there has been no key change.

If a track was previously changed in Keyrite from normal to -1, and saved as such, Keyrite will now see that track as 0 if it is imported fresh, and the message you are getting is correct.

If you now changed it to a +1 and saved it, you should be restoring it back to it's original value, which it appears is what you're looking for.

Why not just use the original instead of trying to restore a changed track back to where it was before the change?

Maybe I'm reading the problem wrong, but that's the way it comes across.

George