MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 1 Help

Keyrite 1 Help Post Keyrite 1 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 7th, 2004, 10:26 PM

Thumbs down Keyrite......

I bought Keyrite about 2 years ago. I was not overly impressed with the sound of a song after it was edited. There was a loss of bass and a general phasing sound that made it impossible to use for live performance.
I was pleased when I visited mtu to find that there was a new & improved version. I was not offered the $15 upgrade price that I had originally been promised when I bought the software 2 years ago. (I just chalked it up to an expired offer. After all, that was 2 years ago. A long time in the world of software.) So, with the promise of the bugs being worked out, I bought it again. Much to my chagrin, I found that all the same bugs were still present! And I even had to pay $10 more than the original version! Normally, I only have to be hit in the head with a hammer once to learn a lesson. Unfortunately, I have 2 lumps on my head now so needless to say, I will not be buying this product again.
Old January 7th, 2004, 10:38 PM

I agree 100%.. There are more bugs in this software than Willard has Rats!

ADMIN NOTE: If there are as you say "more bugs than Willard has Rats'... then why don't you list any of them? We can always respond to FACTS, but cannot really address a wild claim that doesn't even have a single bug mentioned. Come on now, get real and give us what your real complaints are and we will address them.

Had I read the NO RETURN policy which I must add I understand why they put it in bold 46Font.. Oh well.... Let the buyer beware,,, also they state:

Software is sold as is for the use claimed in the pages on this website. There may be typographical errors in the text. Thus, please verify that any special features are available before purchasing the product. We may add new features and repair reported bugs, which may be made available to you for a payment charge.
REPAIR BUGS AT A CHARGE TO THE CONSUMER?? That's a new one: Take heed when making your selection... Cause like this product you may "Change your tune."
Old January 7th, 2004, 10:46 PM

Copied from the main site page:

"All items offered for sale are subject to availability, quantity limitations, product substitution and price changes without notice. Although we strive to have accurate descriptive information about the products we offer for sale, there may be typographical, omissions or other errors in the descriptions, including the current price. We reserve the right to refuse any order for any reason, including but not limited to, use of our products for illegal purposes."

Copied from the Policies Q&A page;

"Do I get free upgrades to MTU software products?
Yes, with some restrictions. Starting with Microstudio 2.506, released August 12, 2003, we have a new security protection that requires a Registration Code to install. This code is created when you order from our on-line store, and emailed to you along with the download link to get the program over the Internet. This still allows you to get free upgrades within your purchased version number. For example, if you buy Microstudio 2.506, you can have free upgrades to any 2.5 version, which will be for bug repairs and minor feature additions. When we add major new features and change from 2.5 to 2.6, there will be an upgrade charge if released beyond 30 days from the day you order. For example, if you purchase a 2.517 version and within 30 days we release 2.600 version, we will give you a free upgrade to the 2.6 version.

Major product changes, for example from 2.x to 3.x, are considered a different product. In this case, if you have purchased a prior version of this product name (Vogone 2.210 for example), for a limited introductory period (usually 1 month), we make a special offer to buy the 3.x product at the retail price less what you paid for the prior version. There may be exceptions to this on individual products"

'nuff said.
Old January 7th, 2004, 11:05 PM

Major product changes should not contain the SAME bugs. The full high price version does not have these problems? Is there anything that can be done to get the full version, without sinking more money into this? Aren't patches applied to the lesser of the products or is that all they are is lesser buy at your own risk software? I really mean no disrespect, but to remedy this may keep me using your product but if not I fear I will have to just put my tail between my legs and scurry away with a bad taste.. Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.
Old January 7th, 2004, 11:16 PM

Thumbs down Duped

How about the fact that a free downloadable demo was offered? That download worked perfectly with no loss of bass and no phasing yet once the full program was downloaded & PAID FOR, all the bugs were there. The downloadable demo was of the Pro version. ($89.95) To me, that sounds like a clear case of being duped into buying a lesser product. My opinion stands.
Old January 8th, 2004, 09:05 AM

First, let's make it clear I am not MTU staff. It did gall me, however to see mistatments being presented as quotes from MTU, so I thought to set the record straight on that score by pasting exactly what MTU's policies are regarding updates.

PHERD:

You've had a product you were not happy with for two years, and never once posted to see what might be the cause of the problem, or seek a solution? I find it hard to believe that you have not in all that time surfed through the forums and seen the lengths MTU goes through to provide customer satisfaction. You lifted not a finger to avail yourself of this support, and now you blame MTU ? And further you try a demo for one product, buy a different product, and you feel duped?

KEYWRONG:

Quote:
Is there anything that can be done to get the full version, without sinking more money into this?
Do you really expect to obtain the more expensive product without even paying the difference???..Come on now...

TO BOTH:

MTU is offering two products because of the wide variance of results obtained with different operating systems. A great many users of the HOME version experience no problems what so ever(myself for example), while there are others who have a need for the more sophisticated product.

There is no doubt in my mind that MTU will treat you both in a fair and equitable manner, but come down to earth and act like you want to work with them. They are very cooperative people.

Now a recommendation from me and dollar bill will buy you a cup of coffee most anywhere, but I am recommending that MTU consider putting out a demo of the Home version of Keyrite. It may have simply been an oversight not to, but it should alleviate any further confusion.

George

Last edited by George; January 8th, 2004 at 04:55 PM.
Old January 8th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Re: Keyrite......

PHRED, as Forum Admin I only have your registered email address. I took that to our MTU customer database and... that email address has never purchased our product.

KEYWRONG, I also took your Forum email to our MTU customer database and... I don't find that email purchased our product either.

Phred and Keywrong, please click the PM button below and email me your name and email address so I can verify you have bought the product, and try to resolve your complaint.

Also, if I may request, both of you please post here specifically which Product number you recently bought. It appears you bought Keyrite 1.400, not the upgrade to 2.008 that fixes your complaint.

Yes, the demo is for Keyrite Pro 2.008. I'm sorry if it was unclear to you. Here is what our sales page states:

A few Professionals complained that Keyrite 1.400 (a home product) didn't sound right to them; there was a quivering in the harmonics, a flatness in the song that was alive before, other distortions they couldn't describe. So, we redesigned Keyrite version 2.008, pleased the Pros, and even kept the simple interface everyone can use. Download our FREE DEMO 2.008 version and see how good your favorite songs can sound.

Keyrite is a VERY POWERFUL digital signal processing tool. We have spent many tens of thousands of dollars developing this with one of the Key change experts in the world. Your complaint is not about "bugs", but about the quality of the processing. Since 99% of our Keyrite customers have been pleased with the product, we had no economic incentive at $39.95 to spend tens of thousands of dollars again to further adjust the 120 parameters and replace the core key change software algorithm.

However, after less than 10 unhappy users kept hounding me (I am surprised you were not among them), as MTU's President, I finally agreed to delay other developments and invest in the upgrade... and raise the price for the Pro version to recapture the extra cost we incurred to improve it for a few users.

I kept the version 1.400 available at the lower $39.95 HOME price for those who didn't care about the difference in quality. Hey, not everyone can hear the same, and not every computer running Keyrite exhibits the problem with 1.400 that you are complaining about.

I'm surprised that you did not complain earlier in our Forums. Everyone else who complained was made a beta tester and helped us develop Keyrite 2.008. I'm sorry you missed out on that opportunity. As George well knows, our Beta Testers beat us hard to keep tweaking the algorithm and parameters until we got them right.
Old January 8th, 2004, 06:58 PM

Talking Testing

As one of the lucky Beta Tester I can confirm that we did make them work hard at MTU, many long night testing...

MTU will always let us express our thoughts and is also EXCELLENT at listening to their customers so the more people complains or share a constructive opinion good or bad, they will take note & do what needs to be done.

If you're one of those with sensitive ears (like me), make certain to test the Pro version before buying, it's the reason they now have the demo.

Regards
Old January 11th, 2004, 03:06 PM

Unhappy Keyrite

ADMIN,
The email address on file for my account is not the one I used for these posts...I originally purchased this product under gary @ gisco.net.
When I bought the first copy of Keyrite, I read the testimonials and it seemed like the perfect program. Being new to the idea of forums, I didn't look here for further info....After I heard the results of about 10 - 15 songs, I revisited MTU and discovered the forums and saw that the majority of the complaints were about the same things I was hearing. To post about the same thing would be redundant so I just chalked it up to a bad investment. I bit the bullet & never used the software again.
I was cleaning out my Favorites a few days ago & found the link for MTU & decided to check it out again. When I saw that Keyrite had been rewritten & the "bugs" worked out, I downloaded the Demo. and it worked flawlessly! I was psyched! I bought the new upgrade and it turned out that it was no better than the other one. I think my main gripe here is that a sub-standard product is being sold in the manner that makes the buyer think it works perfectly. When there is no Demo for the home version, one expects that it will be the same quality as the pro version. Perhaps with a few less features. (Like any other software that has a home and a pro version.) This is why I feel duped. I feel that I was "tricked" into buying a sub-standard product. I have spent $89 on a product I can not use. I leave with a bad taste in my mouth.
Old January 11th, 2004, 05:17 PM

Wink

pherd,

I can understand your feeling... For $89.00 you expect to be able to use the software.

It's not like paying $89.00 for Microstudio which is just a GREAT software but for a software that when up in price and ...

Regards
Old January 11th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Administrator

Phred. thank you for your ordered email address. I verified you have purchased the upgrade to Keyrite 2.008 and have installed it.

Are you saying that 2.008 is no better than the 1.302 that you had earlier? I find this incredible after all the upgrades we did.

Tell us what you are doing and what results you are hearing.

Are you absolutely sure you are running 2.008 when you are doing your testing? The products look identical except the About Keyrite button will show V2.0.0.8 for the version number.

Let us know what you find. We want you to be satisfied.
Old January 12th, 2004, 06:39 PM

Keyrite

I checked under "About Keyrite" and it is:
Keyrite (TM) Professional Key Changer V2.0.0.8.
When I open a Wav file (Converted from Total Recorder, Musicmatch Jukebox or MP3-WAV) and drop it down to as little as a -1 and the music starts to "warble" It also sounds as if a lot of the low end of the bass guitar disappears. (Possibly from the in & out of phase produced by the warble) This makes for a very unpleasant sound. It is almost impossible to sing on key with this kind of warble going on. The loss of bass response also detracts from the overall sound.
Old January 12th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Administrator

I'm going to let other users comment

Question: Are you playing the songs live in Keyrite and not liking them?

Question: Have you exported the songs with a key change and played them on another audio player? If so, which player?

My first thought is that your .wav files (especially those convered from MP3 files) may be changed somehow.

My second though is to uninstall and reinstall 2.008. Use the REMOVE option in the Installation program, then install it again after it is removed.

My third thought is that your computer may not be fast enough for real-time playing, but will be for exporting.

If that doesn't work, post here what audio card, processor type, speed and RAM size you have. Also, if you have any "unusual" devices or programs always running.

Our beta testers, with the singular exception of mlepine, gave us excellent ratings on our 2.008 release. I don't believe there is anyone who would say they are hearing what you are reporting.

Thus, before you insult MTU further, lets work together to find out what is going on. It just may be your computer. All our other testers and upgraded customers can't be wrong!
Old January 12th, 2004, 10:16 PM

Wink My Last Comment

What pherd described is exactly what I reported.
I know I was alone in the testers to say that but I just wanted to say that my computer is powefull, tried it on more than one computer and still the same.

I did 2 Karaoke party, one with 25 people and another one with 15 people, you wouldn't believe how many people notice it!

Sorry but pherd is absolutely correct.

I'm not jumping in anymore so dont worry!!

Regards
Old January 13th, 2004, 03:49 AM

Talking Maybe Willard’s rats ate all the bugs!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mlepine”
My Last Comment
Sorry but pherd is absolutely correct.

Tsk…tsk…tks.

What a shame Mlepine that this is your last comment, I for one, like your contributions to the forum. Remember how we met? It was about your position concerning MIDI files and some of us pushing for the Edirol Sound Canvass. I don’t have to relieve that scenario since your position has been clearly stated, since that discussion, about the superiority of Edirol.

I always find myself reading your post more than once, sometimes trying to understand your point, for example: Out of the blue and after telling everybody about the Plextor burners for karaoke then ZAP! You come up with the AOpen line It’s a good drive line yes, but badly misleading.

You see, although AOpen offer 17 different CD burners, only FIVE of those support the Karaoke Standard. Five that are manufacture for AOpen by Ricoh, The model 7040, which must have firmware 120 or higher, the 7060, 7080, 8040 and 9060.

That’s it may friend. If an AOpen does not have one of those engines by Ricoh IT WILL NOT DO KARAOKE. In my opinion, it’s unprofessional to make statements to potential customers of MTU OR any other company unless you have all the facts.

Your statement above which began this post really took me for a loop not because of what you said but because of the arrogance you use to say it.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mlepine Sorry but pherd is absolutely correct.

Just who the keck made you an authority to decide who is right and who is wrong about a product?

Are you both the only ones right and the rest of some great computer users below all wrong?
Quote:
Originally posted by Nreel (Nov. 25, 2003)
I created a new output file, three (-3) keys down, using 2.008 and compared the two. The File created with a previous version of Keyrite has a VERY Prominent Wobble in the Bass. The file created with 2.008 has no noticeable wobble in the BASS.[

I put my Stamp of Approval on this Version.

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeP (Nov. 25, 2003)
Upgraded and tested. Everything's OK and getting better all the time!
I have been using a lot of wav files for my testing and have not had any problem with this or any previous version.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lauraine Graham (Nov 25, 2003)
It's a go as far as I am concerned. Very well done all, and thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gduns – (Nov 25, 2003)
Downloaded and repaired......
results are as follows
+5 = e
+4 = e flat
+3 = d
+2 = c#
+1 = c
0 = b
-1 = b flat
-2 = a
-3 = g#
-4 = g
-5 = f#

all tones were solid, and showed no oscillations which were present in previous versions. (Wavering)

In My opinion this is a done deal.

Great job MTU good product. I believe no one will be able to complain on this one.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gduns – (Nov 25, 2003)
Just did the second computer same results...... Let’s hear it for the home team.
BTW:
If you ever want to fine tune it down the road, on the little miniscule differences. drop me an e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjrew – Nov 25, 2003
Admin,

I have been testing 2008 for about 2 1/2 hours and your programmer is very, very close. The quiver is almost gone on the -#s but is still noticeable on the +#s. As a matter of fact, I could live with this version because I never use the + keys. (But then that's me). I tried 'The Lady in Red' on all the keys and there was NO QUIVER. But not so with Bob Seger's 'Turn the Page'. On -2 & -3 it was next to very clean, -4 &-5 quiver in the low range, -1 quiver ib the 2000Htz range, all +keys quiver was audible and different speeds. I tried 7 other songs and most of them were about the same. BUT CLOSE TO PERFECT!

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Gduns – Nov. 25, 2003)[i/]
Quote:

Ron,
I tried it several octaves up and down & don’t get the quiver , it was manifesting itself as a oscillation between keys. This version is rock solid. More than of the quality of which they are pricing it at.[/color I say let it go and get on with improving the other products so as to get them out by the holiday season. Then we can come back and beat this dead horse to death. I have a keyboard and a synth with 850 voices on it. I will try it over the thanksgiving weekend and report back. But this product is rock solid. NO QUIVER..... Look at the sound card it may be a source. I have tried this on 2 computers and got the same results. One with win 2000, and 1 with up. Lets let this kid be born!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mlepine – Nov 25, 2003)
[color]I would say that most keys in the - are by far superior than any previous version, it keeps improving all the time, but is the goal to bring it to the same level of EAX?
Quote:

My preferred key which is the -1 still has quivering not much but unfortunately it does! With Donna where you have more of a constant bass I can hear the instability of the signal and also on the back vocals.

Again, I just don't like to repeat this but until you do get THE PERFECT STABLE signal it's really impossible not to hear this quivering.

To me, most keys in the + suffers from this quivering and also an unpleasant sound. I'm very surprised that not many people complain about it!

I just don't know how far you wish to go but I was under the impression that we're done after last night? The best would be to correct some of the + keys before it is available to everyone and maybe fine tune it later... It's still better than before.

If I go back to my question regarding EAX, I think you will need to continue to work on it if it is in fact your goal? It's a high step with all respect & it will need more adjustment and more time because once you get there your done, it I'll be perfect!

Quote:
Originally posted by Admin – Nov. 25, 2003)
Folks, I appreciate all the input here. Ron, your theory is closer than you may think, but don't want to disclose proprietary info here.

I don't think we can get any further with this core algorithm. The next major upgrade will be to add Formant Frequency Correction. This will key shift vocals (main and/or background) correctly, so the singer sounds correctly singing in the new key. That will carry a major price increase.

[quote]Originally posted by Mlepine – Nov 24, 2003 [b]
I'm presently out of town (Toronto) in my Hotel room with no high speed and I just installed this version.

Using my Dell Inspiring PIII with an audio chip (Crystal WDM) and a pair of Beyer dynamic, I can say it sounds right!
I only have 2 Wave tracks that I made sure to bring with me before leaving (Sorry not 1 kHz track!!) but O Carol & Donna,

I will of course give it a better test on Friday but I'm confident that it will only sound better than my audio chip!

I'm trying VERY hard at trying to hear some quivering and I'm not sure I can hear any so I can't imagine anyone performing live that would complain about this key changer.

Well Done & LET'S MOVE ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreel – Nov 24, 2003
Installed by Modify on both computers – All went well.

+4 to +5 have distinct difference when changing between the two.

I do not have a means to test with instrumentation as other Beta testers are doing, and I thank them for their professionalism.

My hearing tells me that this version has a MARKED improvement in the overall quality of all Key Changed Sounds.

I am, especially, happy with the +1 and -1 keys as these two positions are used the most.

Even on my in-house machine, with the cheap on-board Audio, the sound is good.

My machine, with the Audi, sounds so much better and Keyrite is, now, comparable to the EAX Consol key changer.

Kudos to your programmer! I have a MTU Key Changer I can use.

And, thanks to MTU for being patient, during this process, in holding out for the best.

Quote:
Originally posted by George – Nov 24, 2003 [b]
RELEASE...

Installed and functional on both pc's..

VIEW REGISTRATION WORKS

MANUAL IS CORRECT EDITION

CHECK MTU IS FUNCTIONAL

KEY CHANGE -5 THROUGH +5 NOW ALL WORKING

AUDIO IS CLEAN THROUGH ALL STAGES

BEST RMS LEVELS YET:
TRACK #1-ORIGINAL TRACK RMS LEVEL...0.2218
KEYED TRACK RMS LEVEL...0.2208

TRACK #2-ORIGINAL TRACK RMS LEVEL...0.1022
KEYED TRACK RMS LEVEL...0.998

Just thought MTU should know how slight the DOWNWARD shift in audio is.
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by Gduns – Nov 24, 2003
the 3 hz off is really not that bad.... it still is pretty close. in fact you might say im splitting hairs. But I just wanted to give a good report. I never even thought of using the chromatic tuner before. but it does show rock solid on all the tones except the -3, and a marked improvement in the +4 -- +5

Does anybody get the picture?

Enough said!

Sincerely,

Jon
Old January 13th, 2004, 04:07 AM

Talking My Opinion as to how good KeyRite is going to Get at $89.00

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Pherd[i] I checked under "About Keyrite" and it is:
Keyrite (TM) Professional Key Changer V2.0.0.8.
When I open a Wav file (Converted from Total Recorder, Musicmatch Jukebox or MP3-WAV) and drop it down to as little as a -1 and the music starts to "warble" It also sounds as if a lot of the low end of the bass guitar disappears. (Possibly from the in & out of phase produced by the warble) This makes for a very unpleasant sound. It is almost impossible to sing on key with this kind of warble going on. The loss of bass response also detracts from the overall sound

Pherd,

You mention on your post you are using music converted from Total Recorder, Musicmatch Jukebox or MP3-WAV. Total Recorder is more of a music capture software than a true recorder, in fact capturing streaming music from systems like Real Player, Windows media player was such poor quality that I find it difficult to create good recordings on any media. The latest release V4.4, just release does a much better job. Which version were you using?

MP3toWAV is another disaster when trying to create fine recordings.

We all know that MP3 is a compression technique which was develop by the MPGE group and it stands for MPEG-1 Audio Layer III

Just because MP3 sounds beautiful in our great billion phonics speaker system, does not mean it will transpose well on an electronic key changer be it an EAX console or MTU’s excellent KeyRite 2.008 whether that transposition is a simple minus or plus 1.

What is really happening when we are trying to extend or lower the range of a song we’re trying to sing sounding like a Enzio Pinza or a Soprano Pavarotti?
Of course we want to impress the audience and that gorgeous girl in the back row, yeah, the one sitting with the dork. So we quietly tell the KJ.

“Number 14, that’s Placido Domingo’s Nerssun Dorma and bring it down 10 steps please.”
The professional KJ doesn’t even flinch; he knows he can’t go -10 so he goes minus 5, when the music start and the piccolo sounds like a contrabassoon. What do we do?
We blame MTU! That’s it. Bad programming, lousy beta testers and I am out $89 bucks!

Are you looking for a perfect electronic key changer? Might as well play power ball you’ll have a better change at getting that one.
Kay Changers analog or digital depend of the correct and I mean correct combination of switches. Not just plain switches like the one you turn on when you get home. I am taking about electronic switches connected within each other not by wires but by mathematical integers.

Switches, both analog and digital are regularly used in sound systems to change low-level inputs or regulate audio filter uniqueness. Choosing the correct switch can help enhance the total harmonic distortion of a given system providing the designer of that system, has an unlimited budget. [b] I don’t think MTU is at this level, at least not yet, if they do, then tomorrow morning, I am going to start an MTU beta testers union and give Admin a contract and a demand for medical benefits, holidays and vacation pay.

Don’t drool guys, it’s not going to happen…

…yet.

The role played by this switches is critical in determining the quality of the signal passing through or being created by sound cards or other audio systems, so when designing audio programs the significance must be given to the selection of the proper components be use on the board’s electronics components.
The absolute and only correct way to transpose a musical composition without distortion is simply to obtain the arranger’s score, and using the old reliable music notation, physically to the transposition into another key.

Any workaround to this old proven system will result in some sort of distortion, in music theory, it’s called Harmonic Distortion Oh yes, electronic transposers will get very, very close. But never perfect!

The MPGE group, as I call them, decided a long time ago, though study of course, that the human, that’s us, is deaf below 20Hz and above 20Khz AND is most responsive between 2 to 4Khz , Maybe that’s why I don’t hear my wife most of the time! That’s a story for another day.

So when a file is converted from WAV to MP3, they eliminate what they think we cannot hear. However, when we convert this song back to WAV so we can use it in Karaoke AND increase or decrease a key, we find out that those key may really be needed to upset harmonic distortion.

Mlepine, all my favorite fellow beta testers and some of my not so favorite listen carefully. 2.008 is not going to get much better as it is today without:

1. Major recoding
2. long testing time, and
3. A major increase in price.

In my humble opinion, there is no way. 008 can get much better at this price. Frankly, I don’t see how Dave and his crew keep on delivering terrific coded programs at prices unheard of in the industry.

I do beta testing for some really heavy hitters. MTU beats them all in class, care of its customers and clean tight fast running code.

Believe me, Harmonic Distortion come in more flavors than Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream and each one has a particular equation to be solved.

When you change a key by electronic means, you are creating a distortion, then the program has to determine it corresponding new frequency for the corresponding notes which are called “harmonics” and these harmonics exists through multiple integers of the inputted signal. Change a 1Khz signal and you have to deal with all the integers of that signal.

Try doing that and then try it get your money back PLUS a small profit by selling a product for $89.00.

Frankly, I don’t know how MTU does it. And does it consistently well!

Want to know more about total harmonic distortion? Check any good sound card manufacturer’s web site.

Sincerely,

Jon

Last edited by jaddams; January 13th, 2004 at 11:57 AM.
Old January 13th, 2004, 08:30 AM

Right on, Jon.

I've come to believe most problems in this area encountered by the few who have, are harmonic distortion related, and even posted that at one point when testing.

Contrary to what some may believe, there is no such thing as a pure tone. All sound generates harmonics. In most cases it enhances the sound. In some cases it causes distortions.

Some systems amplify this distortion and some don't. It's as simple as that, and it is no slur against the system. As a matter of course, watching this unfold for over a year now, I've come to believe that the more sophisticated the system, the greater the possibility of generating the problem.

I have not had one iota of wobble, etc...ever. No one else in my house has ever been able to hear any wobble, nor have any of the members of my private Karaoke club, when I've sprung a Keyrite processed track on them.

I've come to believe it's because I do not get wrapped up in thinking I must have the crem de la crem(of the moment) sound card. My older Creative Soundblaster's do quite well both pc's. They do what they're suppose to do..give me acceptable sound reproduction.
The paramaters are probably broad enough not to focus on an anomaly such as a harmonic and amplify it, and that's exactly what I believe some are experiencing.

Until proven different by something other than an uninformed opinion, I'll stand on that.

George
Old January 13th, 2004, 10:56 AM

Exclamation Last comment

When I wrote last comment it's regarding Keyrite not for other subject in the forum.

I'm aware that I dont always choose the good words to express my self but obviously there's something that I notice, if your opinion is different than some folks in this forum you better be ready for it!

Why is it always ok for some people to say it works fine, it sounds right... what if sometime it's not the case? How do you say it?

Everytime I said it didn't play right I was able to record my session & send it over to Admin for him to listen. Is my ears the problem? I have no problem with the fact that MTU will not do the spending to bring Keyrite to play perfectly but when someone comes in this forum & said that Keyrite doesn't sound right well bang! The same folks who believe it plays good jumps in & will repeat how good it plays... that's accepted right?

Who ever says that they have no quivering at all on their computer, well sorry but I will only believe it when I hear it with my own ears!
If after I realised I'm wrong I will be the first one to say it I promise. Who ever wants to hear what pherd & I are hearing feel free to ask for a sample of a recording.

I wont jump in this forum anymore & I bet you that in 3 months from now you will still read some comments like pherd. Now do I look like someone who believes in it's opinion? Yes I do on this issue has much as other believes it plays right!

My appologies if my comments looks arrogant sometime but it's how it comes out.

Regards
Old January 13th, 2004, 12:13 PM

Mlepine wrote:

Quote:
Who ever says that they have no quivering at all on their computer, well sorry but I will only believe it when I hear it with my own ears!
You're the one who, by your own words refuse to see the other side, refuse to see that the possibility even remotely exists that the majority of the users do not have the problem, refuse to see that it is not an across the board problem.

Yes there will be others who will experience it, and we can admit that because we have never denied that it exists...soooo with that in mind who is it that is really unable to see the other side, can't stand an opposing opinion?

Are we supposed to sit silently by while you give the impression that this is a major software problem, when it has to date only been experienced by 10 to 12 people, according to my last search which was recently confirmed by Admin in this very thread?

Mlepine wrote:

Quote:
If you're one of those with sensitive ears (like me), make certain to test the Pro version before buying, it's the reason they now have the demo.
This was a recommendation on your part indicating you had confidence in the Pro product.

Why the u-turn?

George

Last edited by George; January 13th, 2004 at 01:05 PM.
Old January 13th, 2004, 12:23 PM

Talking Fast job George

You neat me to it. Consider me a ditto head on this one regarding your posted opinon.

sincerely,

Jon