MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 1 Help

Keyrite 1 Help Post Keyrite 1 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 24th, 2003, 07:42 PM

Angry Keyrites hangs on some imported CDGs

I just purchased a copy of Keyrite V1.302

When clicking the preview on some cdg numbers which have been imported to my hard drive, keyrite simply hangs.

The same numbers play just fine in MicroStudio.

My profile is as follows:

Windows XP home edition
Pentium III
CD/RW Plextor 48x
Creative Audigy Platinum Ex

I'm not very impressed with this software so far!
Old November 11th, 2003, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Help us test...

I have just emailed you instructions how to help us test Keyrite 2.004. We will be interested to see if your same files do not play. Please post what you find back in this Thread.
Old November 12th, 2003, 02:41 AM
Lauraine Graham- with the Lord Lauraine Graham- with the Lord is offline

"...when clicking the preview on some cdg numbers which have been imported to my hard drive..."

I apologise if I have the wrong end of the stick, but KeyRite will only process .wav files. If you have been trying to use .cdg files the program will not "see" them. Hope I have been of help.

regards
Old November 12th, 2003, 08:22 PM

Cool Choosing To See

I have been taken by surprise by keyrite when sometimes I don't "See" a file that I wish to process. Then I realize that I haven't chosen my desired format. (either wav or cdg).

Here's how you do that:

After you choose "Select Input File" You get a box which at the bottom says "Files of Type:" Then your can choose to "See" cdg or wave.

Hope this helps. If you don't have this option, then something is Rotten in Denmark!

"Helping the Blind to See"
jahern

Old November 12th, 2003, 10:40 PM

Angry keyrite hanging

I just purchased the upgrade to keyrite 2.004 and really don't see a difference for $49.95 upgrade. I still have the same problem as I posted a while back. When I play or try to play a cdg that is already on hard drive the preview play button flickers and the program hangs up. The only way I can continue is to close the program using Ctrl-Alt-del and restarting the program, then if I do the same song it does it all over again. This does not happen with all cdg's but most of them. If I want to change the key I usually have import the cdg from a previously recorded cd using microstudio. Then it works. I still am not very happy with the fact that when you change the key up or down with background singers they either sound likes ducks or retards ( no belittling implied). I was hoping that this new version would cure this problem. The only thing I see that is different is that the key now starts at 0 and that cdg is automatic on start rather then wav. I feel I paid 49.95 for the upgrade and got nothing. Very dissappointing for a long time user and bragger for your products.
Old November 12th, 2003, 11:12 PM

wb6bna,

This is confusing. You say that if you import a cdg to the hard drive it works o.k., but cdg's that are "already on the hard drive" do not.
What's the difference? Where did the cdg's that are "already on the hard drive" come from?

George
Old November 12th, 2003, 11:25 PM

Angry keyrite hangs

Maybe I didn't explain it correctly. I will try to be clearer. I have a directory on my hard drive which was put there by microstuido named songlist. When I import a cdg or make a new one using Kpro I import it or write it to my songlist. After that I can open keyrite and change the key. After I change and save it to my songlist it will not work again with keyrite unless I either write it to a cd-rw and import it to the computer again or import it from a previously written cd-r. I have tried this many times and found the only way that this does not happen is with a wav. file that I made and when using KPro change the key on the wav with keyrite before adding the wav to Kpro. I hope this clears it up for you. I have sent my direct-x info to mtu and have yet to receive a positive answer or no answer at all.
Old November 13th, 2003, 12:55 AM

Gotcha,

I tried recreating the scenario. I changed the key on a .wav file, saved it, then opened the saved file in keyrite and changed the key again. It worked fine.

I repeated the procedure using a cdg file, also with no problem.

At least that tells us it's not an across the board bug.

Have you tried reducing the hardware accellerator settings ?

George
Old November 13th, 2003, 02:48 AM

Unhappy There's nothing you can do with background vocals!

Quote:
Originally posted by wb6bna
I still am not very happy with the fact that when you change the key up or down with background singers they either sound likes ducks or retards ( no belittling implied)

And it always will.

To the best of my knowledge, there is not a single key changing software program or hardware peripheral on the market today that will leave background vocals intact.

Remember, background singers are also singing musical notes; musical notes are transponded across the board, whether it is through digital or analog processing.

Regards,

Jon
Old November 13th, 2003, 11:44 AM

hanging keyrite

I have tried everything that mtu support has told me to do and it still does the same thing. I guess I will have to live with it. Thanks Alan
Old November 13th, 2003, 12:05 PM

Alan,

You mentioned in an earlier post that Keyrite hangs when you click on PREVIEW PLAY. Does it hang if you bypass PREVIEW PLAY, and click on the 0(zero), or a + or - key change to start the track?

Just wondering if the glitch is isolated to the PREVIEW PLAY button, or the program in general when playing a previously key changed track.

Take care,

George
Old November 13th, 2003, 12:14 PM

I tried it last evening with the new keyrite 2.004 and it starts at zero and it does the same thing
Old November 13th, 2003, 08:38 PM

Test It Yourself!!

Excuse me, but I'm not on your payroll. I'm a busy boy and don't have time to do your work.

You, MTU, have the responsibility to make your products work as advertised. I simply reported a bug, which by the way wasn't easy to do.

My expectation is that you will work diligently to fix the bug.

I can't believe this whole forum. What you're doing to your customers is next to criminal.

Get your act together!!

abaratone
Old November 14th, 2003, 12:30 AM

Angry Careful with that language Abaratone!

Quote:
Originally posted by Abaratone
Excuse me, but I'm not on your payroll. I'm a busy boy and don't have time to do your work.

You, MTU, have the responsibility to make your products work as advertised. I simply reported a bug, which by the way wasn't easy to do.

My expectation is that you will work diligently to fix the bug.

I can't believe this whole forum. What you're doing to your customers is next to criminal.

Get your act together!!

Watch it “busy boy!” What do you think? That we are not busy? That we are a bunch of morons that have nothing better to do?

There is no need to come to our forum with an insulting and nasty attitude. Except for Admin and MTUSupport, NOT A SINLE ONE OF US is on MTU’s payroll. We are just a group of very happy users of MTU products; additionally some of us are very proficient computer professionals that happen to like karaoke AND have decided to take the time to help others.

The post quoted above, is your second post on this forum, Admin answered you as follows:

” I have just emailed you instructions how to help us test Keyrite 2.004. We will be interested to see if your same files do not play. Please post what you find back in this Thread.”

I didn’t see you answer to Admin’s post. So far, as far as I know, you and wb6bna are the only one reporting a “hang” on KeyRite problem. We have gotten other complaints on KeyRite; “hanging” has not been one of them.

What is it that you cannot believe about “this whole forum?”

Could you please try to be more specific? What is it that MTU is doing that is almost criminal?”

MTU, and I am speaking strictly as a happy customer, enjoys one the finest reputation in the software publishing business. Their products perform as advertised and beyond. show me a bug-free software, and I’ll show a science fiction episode of Star Trek.

Are you using Microsoft Windows? Is it bug-free? If you believe it is, them I’ll be happy to sell you a nice piece of gorgeous ocean front property in Arizona real cheap!

MTU always try to and quickly fixes all reported bugs further, MTU always listen to and tries to implement suggestions from its customer’s base concerning a specific software program.

The fact is that “if you need technical assistance for free, please check you manners at the door and state you problem concisely and as clear as you can and you can be sure someone here will go out of his or her way to help you.

And that my friend, you can take to the bank! They'll lend you money on it!

I am privilege enough to be a proud member of MTU’s beta testing group, our group spend months testing software with absolutely no pay so everyone can enjoy it to the fullest.

Why do we do it?

Because, we firmly believe in the integrity and dedication MTU has for its customer’s base.

Enough said!

Sincerely,

Jon

Last edited by jaddams; November 14th, 2003 at 09:07 AM.
Old November 14th, 2003, 08:29 AM

Ditto all the way, Jon.

I'd bet before the dust setles on this one, it will turn out to be a system setting anyway, and not a BUG in the software. If it is in the software I can't duplicate it, and I've tried on both XP and 98SE.

Whichever it is I'm having difficulty seeing the severity of the anomaly. It certainly isn't anything that should cause MTU to go into warp speed to solve..

Keying the original track obviously is working as it should. Simply make a minor change in the name when saving it, so's not to overwrite the original, and to identify it from the original.

Once that keyed track is burned to a cd, then why save it to be re-keyed at a later time?

It would seem the prudent thing to do would be to discard it and retain the original track that will key. It won't take any longer to key the original again than it would to key the previously keyed file, so what's the hassle?

This approach can't even be considered a "workaround". You have a choice of two directions. One will create a problem the other won't, and the one that's problem free takes no longer.

George

Would also like to commend WB6BNA for his mature approach working with us and MTU Support in trying to resolve the issue.

Last edited by George; November 14th, 2003 at 09:45 AM.
Old November 14th, 2003, 12:44 PM

keyrite hangs

I save the cdg's in several directories. I have one directory named changed, one named original and one named modified. I do many songs with KPro and I have learned to change the key on the wav files first then add music to my kpr. After I write the cdg to a disc I sometimes find that they key change is either too high or too low for me when I sing the songs at Karaoke. After all some karaoke machines are different than a computer playback. I then go back to keyrite and try to change the key on the cdg I just wrote which is in my changed directory and that is when it hangs. Only on preview play. For info only, my wife has her own computer with all the same programs on it and she also does many more songs of her own. She has the same problem. Her computer is completely different setup the mine. Mine is 1.4g and hers is 533m. We have tried everything and still have the same problem. I have tried all that admin has told me to do and still the same problem. If we try to change a key on one that already been changed it hangs. We can use the original, but then we have to start all over with KPro and I feel this should not be the case. I am totally puzzled. Alan
Old November 14th, 2003, 01:16 PM

Alan,
It's a puzzlement for sure.

Perhaps this might help you until a solution is found.

Do not delete the .KPR file you first created in Kpro.

After you've made the cdg, if you find you need to re-key a track, re-key the original file and save with a sligltly different name.

Open Kpro and open the .KPR file. Now import the new audio track you just keyed , overwriting the old audio track, and save it.

As long as nothing has been done to alter the size of the file, you should not have to re-sweep the lyrics. Then export the new track to cdg.

Hope I explained this clearly enough.

George
Old November 14th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Lauraine Graham- with the Lord Lauraine Graham- with the Lord is offline

A Note to Abaratone

I agree whole-heartedly with my esteemed colleagues. If they had not taken you to task on your appalling manners I would certainly have done so.

Admin very generously invited you to join the team in order to give you access to the latest innovations and give you the opportunity to have your say in the development of their products and you repay this kindness with rudesness so shocking I still cannot really believe I read what I did!! I am not sure I would welcome someone so uncouth onto our team.

I wish you good day, sir
Old November 14th, 2003, 02:16 PM

Are the Properties changed by windows?

Something that we all need to be aware of as computer users is the properties of files. I wonder if windows has a bug and is archiving files or something like that and files that could be used once are now unuseable? It sounds like only newborn files are useable. I will test this possibility over the weekend. I'm sure someone else can get on it before that.

(if this is happening then the quick remedy would be to once again change the property to a useable status. Long term-fix or reinstall Windows)
Old November 15th, 2003, 12:13 PM

Properties Angle Checked

Just checked the properties angle. That isn't it.

I get hanging files when I change the extension name from cdg to wav. and try to play it as wav. When I change the extension of a wave file to cdg, the song plays. It just sounds weird and distorted. (Just working in keyrite)

Is there any extension name changing going on, for those who are experiencing difficulties?