MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 1 Help

Keyrite 1 Help Post Keyrite 1 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 18th, 2001, 07:27 PM

Is there a way to change cdg files to wave in the keyrite program?
Old February 18th, 2001, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Try opening a .cdg file in the Input File, and selecting .wav in the Output File. It might work. If not, use Microstudio to imput your karaoke song as a .wav file, then process it with KeyRite as a .wav file.
Old February 21st, 2001, 12:24 PM

Question

I'm confused Mort. Why would you want to change a .cdg file to a .wav file? KeyRite will input a .cdg file and output a .cdg file with the key changed.

If you want it in .wav, when you rip the track off the disc, specify Audio instead of CDG and you will have a .wav file...but without the graphics.
Old February 22nd, 2001, 01:18 PM
Administrator

In answer to Mort's private email, a typical CDG song will take roughly the same hard drive storage as a WAV file. This is 10.6MB per minute. For a 3:00 minute long song, that is 31.8MB, or 42.4MB for a 4:00 minute song.

You will need free hard drive space for the original song AND the processed song. KeyRite does not modify the original song. Thus, you end up with 2 copies. If you don't have the hard drive space for processing multiple songs, then bring in one at a time, process it, then delete the original.

If you don't have disk space for 20 songs, buy another hard drive and install it in your computer. I wouldn't get less than 30GB today.
Old October 13th, 2005, 10:37 PM

New Wave file question

I have an accompaniment CD for my youth choir. The problem I have is that the song is on the CD under tracks #82, #83, #84 and #85. That is so during practice it is easy to stop and then find your place in the middle of the song. But when I go into Microstudio to import tracks from the CD it will only let me put in one track number. So it only records the beginning of the song at track #82. Is there any trick for getting the entire song saved as a wave file. Keyrite works fine for the first part of the song at track #82. And I can put in track #83 and it changes the key just fine, and so on. I just can't get the whole song into keyrite all at once. HELP!!! THERE HAS TO BE A WAY!!!!!! THANKS.
Old October 13th, 2005, 11:07 PM

You probably would need to use an audio editing program such as Goldwave.

You could then combine the four individual tracks into one, edit out the gaps in between, and save as one .wav file. You could then process in Keyrite as one file.

That would be quite simple to accomplish.

George