MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 1 Help

Keyrite 1 Help Post Keyrite 1 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 18th, 2003, 02:52 PM

Please folks!

The problem is that Keyrite sometimes hangs when previewing key changes.

Personal insults are not constructive.
Old November 18th, 2003, 05:24 PM

Albaratone,
What can we do for you?

The only thing that we can do to try to solve this problem is to send you a new version of Keyrite that is currently in Beta Test, and have you install it and see if it will work.

The problem is going to be pertaining to your system, the only other client reporting this is wb6na, and he has also tried this, I believe.

If it works, then we know the new version will fix your problem. If it still will not work, then we will beable to dig deaper into your computer, where the problem lies.

I am sorry that the computers are so advanced now, that some computers just will not run the software, or will have problems. Who knows, it is possible that your computer has a virus, that is cuasing this hang. It really may not be the software, yet it is something in your system that is doing it.

Please work with us and we will beable to come to a conclusion, if you are not willing to work with us, then there is no much that we at MTU can do to help you.

If you would like me to get it running on your computer, you could send me your system so that I could diagnose it, our charge is $120 up front wich covers 2 hours, then any time after that would be at $60 an hour. I then would beable to fix the program so that it would work on your system, but I am sure that you wouldn't want to do this, so please work with us to get it fixed from your end.

Just a thought, but where did the files come from that you are trying to Keychange? Were these .cdg files or .wav files. And how did you get these into your computer?

There are .cdg files with .mp3 files that are not supported by any of our programs. Our programs will only support a .cdg file that is created by Microstudio, so if you got this file any other place it will not work. Make sure this is not your problem.
Old November 19th, 2003, 12:16 PM

Hi Bryan,
I'm certainly willing to try your beta release. That seems reasonable, as long as it doesn't involve lots of time. Alternately or additionally, I could send you an offending file.

The files in question were are all CDG files imported to one of my hard-drives using MicroStudio.

My version of XP is up-to-date with all fixes. I use Norton's anti-virus software and internet security. This software thinks I am virus free. So I don't think it's a virus. Besides, I have many other music programs and a few that actually change the pitch (key) and/or duration of a song. They're all functioning well.

My sound card is a pretty sophisticated one, Creative's Audigy 2 Platinum Ex. Initally when I installed this product, there were some driver conflicts with Window XP. So there could conceivably be a problem in that area.

But frankly, Bryan, the error occured in Keyrite. So, clearly, it is MTU's problem.

So what do you propose as the next step?

Thanks,
aBaratone
Old November 20th, 2003, 03:50 PM

I know in the past we have had some issues with the Audigy boards, but I am not sure with the Audigy 2 board.

What I would recommend you to try to see if it will do anything for you is what is stated in this post: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=1796

This will tell you how to change your Sound Card Hardware acceleration. I would give this is a shot and see what happens.

Dave had sent you a link for the information on getting a beta copy of Keyrite, so you should have had this email from him a week or so ago.
Old November 20th, 2003, 05:46 PM

Angry keyrite hangs

I appreciate the help you offer. I am having trouble when I try to change the key on a cdg that was added to my songlist with Microstudio as is my wife. She is using a completely separate system. The only way we can stop the problem is to import the cdg again. I doesn't matter whether the cdg has had the key changed or not as long as we import it from a cd. We have had this problem ever since we purchased the original version way back. I even sent you the direct x diagnostics report and never heard anything back.

I never received an email from Dave with a beta link. I wish I had. It would have saved me $49.95. I am very satisfied with your software and will continue to purchase the necessary upgrades and continue to use them, but I feel as though I paid for something that the only difference is that the key starts at 0.
Old November 20th, 2003, 09:04 PM
Administrator

wb6bna - go get Keyrite 2.005 now

When you are up to your armpits in aligators, its hard to remember your job was to drain the swamp.

After thinking on it, I placed 2.005 behind your (wb6bna) Keyrite2000n download link so you can click it again and get 2.005. I can only do this with you because you ordered this new advanced version and already have the Registration Code to install 2.005.

Watch for the keyrite2005setup.exe filename to be downloaded when you click your download link. BTW: It is set to allow up to 80 downloads, so I don't think your link will run out.

Post your findings back here.

It is possible that the two of you with this lock up problem are really experiencing a bug in Keyrite. However, there comes a point where we MUST release, even if there is a bug. Given the number of users with Keyrite that don't experience this problem, I can't stop the press. Yes, you may rightfully think "He may regret this", and that is true. But, after 34 years in business, at least 51% of my judgements have been correct... we're still in business.
Old November 21st, 2003, 12:19 PM

keyrite hangs

I thank you very much. You are a gentleman and a scholar. I don't believe I ever said anyone would regret this as I try to be as professional and gentlemanly in all my correspondences. Even my worst enemies I treat with respect as this is the way I was brought up. Keep up the good work and I will continue to support you guys. I am sure that as long as I can talk I will keep singing as I really feel that this is a great stress reliever besides I have created a monster in my wife. I can't get her to stop using version 3.100 of producer. I have not yet succeeded in having her upgrade. I'll keep trying and am really anxious to get 5.000 Thanks again Alan a growing member. Age 60
Old November 21st, 2003, 12:34 PM

Alan,

If you think Kpro 3100 is great, go to 4008 for the interim.

You'll think you landed in Valhalla

Take care,

George
Old November 21st, 2003, 03:02 PM

keyrite

I am using the latest version, but I can't get my wife to do it yet. I think she is using either 3.100 or the version just before you could save the files as kprs. Thank you very much
Old April 24th, 2006, 01:02 PM

I remember posting this tread way back when. The problem is resolved
Old April 24th, 2006, 01:53 PM

I believe this post was some time ago. The problem has been fixed and she is happy Thank you Alan
Old June 3rd, 2006, 06:51 PM

i only would like to get a how to work manual for keyrite, so i can use it
Old June 3rd, 2006, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw_1929
i only would like to get a how to work manual for keyrite, so i can use it
You don't see a READ MANUAL button?

What version Keyrite do you have anyway?

I still have an old version 1.400 and that button is there.

Last edited by George; June 3rd, 2006 at 10:26 PM.