MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 1 Help

Keyrite 1 Help Post Keyrite 1 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 5th, 2005, 01:19 PM

Talking manual.. how do i view

i bought the complete set of karaoke suite 4.. i can't access the manual
in any of the programs.. why i need to know how to use the programs
when something i dont know how to do... please help..
Old March 5th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Re: manual.. how do i view

The manuals are accessed through:

Microstudio - the Help menu, Read Manual command

Keyrite - Read Manual button at the bottom

Vogone - Read Manual button at the bottom

Karaoke Home Producer - Help menu, Manual command

When you click any of these, they will launch your Windows Internet Explorer browser program and display the manual. If you don't see them, make sure your Windows has Internet Browser installed. That's the only reason I can think of why you can't see the manuals.

Post back here what you find out.
Old March 7th, 2005, 06:13 PM

Question Re: manual.. how do i view

i checked my settings in internet explorer, all are good, i get a message
" manual not found" on microstudio, keyrite, vogone and khpro. and a blank white screen , do you have any suggestions. i want to use the programs and dont know the info to do so.
is there a printed copy i can download or be mailed.

hope for help.
minimgr1a

Last edited by minimgr1a; March 7th, 2005 at 06:36 PM.
Old March 9th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Only thing I can think of is we ONLY launch Windows Internet Explorer. Our programs won't launch Netscape, AOL, Oprera or other browsers.

Minimgr1a, make sure you do have Windows Internet Explorer installed and working.

The default installed location for the manuals is C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\[Programname]\Manual. If you find them there, then something is wrong with your Internet Browser. Try reinstalling it from your Windows CDROM.

If the manuals are not under each [Program name], you can download each manual from our web page for that product. Scroll down the web page to the "Manual" topic and click the link. After you download them to where you will remember they are, find each and double click it to install the manual and its images.
Old March 10th, 2005, 11:27 AM

Thumbs up Re: manual.. how do i view

thank you admin for the help, i re installed my windows xp and am now able to view the manuals in all the programs... now all i have to do is understand them, hahaha thanks again .

minimgr1a
Old March 11th, 2005, 06:33 AM
Administrator

Glad you're running and that my diagnosis is right. Gotta have that Internet Explorer. We just assumed everyone would have it automatically installed...

This further expands the variability of the platform our products must work on.
Old May 18th, 2005, 03:47 PM

Question Accessing Hoster Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
If the manuals are not under each [Program name], you can download each manual from our web page for that product. Scroll down the web page to the "Manual" topic and click the link. After you download them to where you will remember they are, find each and double click it to install the manual and its images.
Is the above statement still correct? There is no link under the "Manual" topic for Hoster on your web page for the product. The topic is there, but no link. Since I have dial-up internet at home, I prefer downloading and printing the manual from my work desktop pc. This is not where I have Hoster loaded, so I used to use the link you mention above. Since there is now no link showing, I tried the link under frequently asked questions. When I copy paste that url, I get a message saying to refresh my browser and try again. Still no luck there either. On this message page there is a note saying to email info@mtu.com about not being able to access the manual with that link. I emailed and received a message saying my email was undeliverable. I'm getting frustrated. I've downloaded and printed the manuals in the past with no problem.

Can you help?

I want to read up on how to print my song books. I previously printed them just before Hoster 3.0 came out. I'm now ready to add more music and want to be sure my song books are OK with the new version before adding more. Then I want to print the pages for the new stuff only.

Let me know how to access the manual from your website. Thanks. Nitecat
Old May 19th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Administrator

We removed the Hoster manual from the web as Search Engines were caching older versions, which caused problems with new visitors wanting to see how it works.

I emailed a link to the manual directly to you so you can download it.

Since ~90% of my spam was coming in on info at mtu.com (which comes to me), we disabled that email addy. Our Contact MTU page has how to contact us when needed. However, the Forum is always the best way. Only 40% of emails get delivered today!

The Forum is safe, and you see your post and know we have "received" it.