MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 17th, 2012, 12:04 PM

Information screen

Hi Guys.

I have searched for the following queries in the manual but not found them so I wonder if I can seek advice from the good people in KHPro land?

I am trying to make my first karaoke duet track, I know about adding the "&" to connect singers 1 & 2, I know how to assign a colour to singer 1 and a different colour to singer 2 and yet a third colour for both singers.

What I am not sure of how to do is set up the very first page of instructions to let the singers know who is what colour, something like this:

Raoul

Christine.

Both

I want the above to be the first thing the singers see.

I would also like to have at the top of each screen the name of the singer of the words on that screen, that word will not change colour, so for example in the below text the word Raoul (in Blue Bold) at the begining of the text would signify who is to sing the text on that page, that name would not change colour.

Raoul.

No more talk of darkness

Hopefully you can understand what I am trying to say???

Eddie.

Last edited by daddybrubeck; April 17th, 2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old April 17th, 2012, 06:41 PM
VIP

Re: Information screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddybrubeck View Post
Hi Guys.

I have searched for the following queries in the manual but not found them so I wonder if I can seek advice from the good people in KHPro land?

I am trying to make my first karaoke duet track, I know about adding the "&" to connect singers 1 & 2, I know how to assign a colour to singer 1 and a different colour to singer 2 and yet a third colour for both singers.

What I am not sure of how to do is set up the very first page of instructions to let the singers know who is what colour, something like this:

Raoul

Christine.

Both

I would also like to have at the top of each screen the name of the singer of the words on that screen, that word will not change colour, so for example in the below text the word Raoul (in Blue Bold) at the begining of the text would signify who is to sing the text on that page, that name would not change colour.

Raoul.

No more talk of darkness

Eddie.
I did what you are asking about with a song from Sweeney Todd a few months ago.

I just created a "Title" page.

Just go to Edit, click on Settings, then select the Title Page tab, click on Enable This Page, then type in what you desire with the ability to change fonts and font color.

If I missed something, let me know.

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Operating System - Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit, SP1
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Hard Drive 1 Operating System: OCZ Vertex 4 (256gb)
Hard Drive 2 Music & Videos: Segate 1tb
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
Video Card - NVidia GeForce GT 445M,,3GB Ram, Dedicated
Video Driver - NVidia 306.97
K-Lite Codec MEGA Pack installed (v9.4)
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:23 AM

Thanks Ken.

I was aware of the title sceen, I don't particularly want to put this info on that screen as I think there is a way of showing it on the lyrics pages so it will be the first screen the singers will see, but I cannot find out the info.

Thanks nevertheless for you answer.

Anyone else able to answer my 2 queries above please?

Eddie.
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hi Guys.

Raoul

Christine.

Both
I'll start by saying I have only produced 1 duet myself so am not the best person to answer this but can make a suggestion.
I don't think there is a specific function in KHpro to make a page at the start as you describe, the only way I can see is as Ken suggested, include a line or two in the Title screen.
As a suggestion (I have not tried this myself) Type the info in on the lyrics page, then when placing the lyrics flash past this bit quickly while the intro is playing and before the singing starts.
Incidentally, it's Normal to just put Male Or Female or Singer 1 And Singer 2
unless you just want it for you and your partner.

Quote:

I would also like to have at the top of each screen the name of the singer of the words on that screen, that word will not change colour, so for example in the below text the word Raoul (in Blue Bold) at the beginning of the text would signify who is to sing the text on that page, that name would not change colour.

Raoul.

No more talk of darkness

Eddie.
Again type these extra words on the lyrics page, you would have to work out where each new page would start and add that name at the start of each page position, when placing the lyric perhaps using an Underscore "_" so that you pass it quicker when highlighting the first word for that singer.

I personally think this would make a lot of unnecessary work, if you know the your colour at the start that should be adequate. (unless they are colour blind or viewing on black & white monitor)
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:27 AM

Thanks for your reply Roy.

If all else fails then I will do what you suggest, but I am still of the opinion that a screen (other than the title screen) can be displayed showing this information before the song starts, and I would have thought that having a word or words such as "male" or "singer 1" or whatever should be able to be on screen but not change colour, most duet karaoke discs that are in use have such a thing on there screens.

Hopefully one of the moderator/experts will see this post and point me in the right direction OR confirm that the only way to do it is as you suggest.

Cheers.

Eddie.
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

I just tried a bit of what i suggested for the intro screen and realize it would not be any good as it would change to the played colour so confuse the singers.

Perhaps you should make a suggestion in the New features request thread, it may then get in the next release.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 20th, 2012, 01:34 PM

Well, after a lot of trial & error I have come up with a solution that works, or should I say fits the criteria I wanted.

Firstly, the music track (in my case it was a .wav track) was lengthened with 10 seconds of silence at the begining before any music started, Google "add silence to begining of .wav files", to find out how to do that, unless the mods on here allow me to write down what I used but as a secondary bit of software is needed I won't name it untill I am given the all clear by the mods so to do.

This now gave me some 20 seconds on the opening screen before any music starts plus another 8+ seconds of music before the first singer started to sing, a total of some 30 seconds but it is the 20 seconds of the opening screen that was needed, I was then able to go to "Adjust Lyrics" tab to asssign the colours for singer 1, singer 2 & both, the singers now have some 20 seconds to read that opening screen.

I then completed the rest of the track including the use of the ampersand (the "&" symbol to you & me) to join singers 1 & 2 together and the "Adjust Lyrics" tab to assign colours to the lines of singers 1, 2, & both.

The result is that the singers of this song will have some 20 seconds on the opening screen to see what colours their respective lines are and what colour is the lines for both singers to sing together AND I still have the Titles & Lyrics pages at my disposal.

But it still beggars the question as to why I cannot do this within KHPro and not use have to use a secondary bit of software.

Thanks to all who have taken an interes in this posting.

Eddie.

Last edited by daddybrubeck; April 20th, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old April 26th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Administrator

I understand your request.

We did consider the duet "Male" - "Female" or "Singer1" - "Singer2" identifiers, but as Dale pointed out, we anticipated putting them in the Title page.

As the manual instructs, you will need to add the extra time with any audio editor to allow time for a "Duet color page".

In the Title page, we have a "Hold" field you can dial in how much silence to add for the Title page (and Credit page separately). We may be able to add a separate "Hold" field in the Lyrics section to auto-extend silence for a Duet colors page.

I'm sorry there is not a specific topic in the manual on this duet colors. I'll address this in the next upgrade, which we are ready to do soon.

Read in the Manual Table of Contents on these points:

Edit Lyrics Screen:
---Text Entry Guidelines - Read on the *, _, and "em space" characters as you might find them useful.

---Guidelines to Prepare Lyrics for Karaoke and under this - there are several sections you can get ideas from as to how to sweep the "lyrics", because your Duet colors will be LYRICS that will be highlighted... but read on!

When the Duet colors page is to draw/appear is determined by when you have characters on the page AND... when they start highlighting.

I believe you can use a single period at the top left (not very visible), or maybe the "em space" character and tap it as soon the page appears. It's been a while since I did this.

Then, place your Singer1 - Singer2 "lyrics" several lines down (depending on how many Lines you have selected to display in the Lyrics section. Their colors would remain up until the very end, when they will highlight.

Wait as long as you can to tap the Spacebar for the "S" in Singer1. This causes a delay of the highlighting. Immediately tap the Spacebar again for Singer2 so they both highlight very fast.

Once highlighted, this Duet colors page will erase and the first "real" lyric page will be drawn and sweep as you tap each word to highlight.

Hope this helps.
Old April 29th, 2012, 08:00 AM

Thank you Admin for your reply above.

I have to inform you that I have purchased a program from one of your competitors that, for duets in this case, "ticks" all the boxes for me as it does all I asked for in my first entry on this thread, and indeed a lot more.

For the time being at least, I will be using that product.

Hopefully KH Pro will, at some time in the future, "tick" the boxes similarily and I can come back to it.

Eddie.
Old April 29th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Please post here the url to the product you bought. I'd like to see how they do this.

Am I understanding you correctly that:

1. Thy offer a "Duet Singers" page with the colors for Male/ Female?

2. They offer a way to add on each page text (singer's name) that does not highlight?

We have considered that in the past, but it was never requested by a user until now.

I'm sorry and surprised you jumped ship so fast. I would like to discuss what your needs are further if you are interested. Let me know...
Old April 29th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Thank you for your reply. I am hiding your post as we don't advertise competitors products.

We are aware of this product.
Old May 4th, 2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Hi Guys.

What I am not sure of how to do is set up the very first page of instructions to let the singers know who is what colour,
Sorry i didn't see this posting, as i'm not on the forum as much as i'd like to be, because of time issues. First with all humble due respect to your poster. I will try to put another view on things, and this is NOT my first duet. Reading over his postings, i find the information he wants to add to his project, is outside of the industry norm. To me at least, it's a no brainer, and doesn't require the poster, or his singers to be a rocket scientist. Blue for male, pink, female, and most use green for both (with few exceptions).

Quote:
What I am not sure of how to do is set up the very first page of instructions to let the singers know who is what colour
Respectfully, all my singers can figure out "Who is what color". If the poster feels a need for some reason to include this on his project, i would do it during the song count down bars, can be done much easier then his example. I just sat down and wrote a test duet, and this method works fine, although more confusing then if left off. I can send the poster a few examples of how i do my duets, compared to the "Industry Standard" i smoke most manu's work.

Incidently, i to am aware of the product of which he was speaking of. Shame he is "downgrading" to an inferior product. George

Last edited by Musicman51; May 4th, 2012 at 05:32 AM.