MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 23rd, 2001, 05:43 PM

Song Book Software

Where can I get karaokesong book software?

Thanks.
Old July 23rd, 2001, 06:13 PM

You want either

KJPro http://www.kjpro.com

or

Aiwer http://www.airwer.com
1024MB DDR RAM
256MB ATi Radeon 9800SE
Realtek AC97 On Board Audio

Laptop
Windows XP Home - Service Pack 2
Intel Celeron 2.8ghz
1gb Ram
Radeon IGP 345M
Old July 24th, 2001, 12:12 AM
Frequent Member

I use KJPro and am quite happy with it with it's sorted by title print out- but for better looking Artist books you need Excel and Word in addition. I have tried AIRWer's product demo and haven't been able to get the results I want with it even in the title area.
I use 2 columns in my song books so I don't waste paper and besides it's cheaper to copy if you use 2 columns as it uses alot less pages that one- especially if you have more than 1000 songs in your selection.
Old July 24th, 2001, 05:29 AM

There is another one. I just ordered the software myself. Try Biff Mele's Karaoke Spigot
http://www.karaokespigot.com/
They cover CDG, VCD, DVD and Laser
I was very impressed with Biff's personal attention to customer service. He has sold 30,000 copies of this program. He describes himself as a big man from the Bronx who has been in the entertainment business for many years.
Mike G.
Old July 24th, 2001, 07:19 AM

Since this thread is nothing to do with MTU products I may as well take advantage and ask.........

Whats the best prog for converting Midi to Wav.
1024MB DDR RAM
256MB ATi Radeon 9800SE

Laptop
Intel Celeron 2.8ghz
1gb Ram
Radeon IGP 345M
Old July 24th, 2001, 11:07 AM

Wave Creator 1.15 might do it
http://www.blazeaudio.com/products/wavecreator.html
Mike G.
Old July 24th, 2001, 02:28 PM

I've tried a few, and the airwer software is the best one I have used.
The airwer one is the only one that gives free updates as far as I am aware.
Old July 24th, 2001, 02:30 PM

My books are done in Excel and my customers are quite happy with the font, size etc.

Need help? email me.
Old July 24th, 2001, 05:21 PM
Frequent Member

Last I heard that you can't even get updates to the spigot and I had it and prefer KJPRo to it. My local karaoke dealer has given up on gettting any replies from them and no longer sells the spigot and has started selling KJpro.
Old July 24th, 2001, 05:31 PM

I write my lists in Word.....woo
1024MB DDR RAM
256MB ATi Radeon 9800SE

Laptop
Intel Celeron 2.8ghz
1gb Ram
Radeon IGP 345M
Old July 24th, 2001, 09:08 PM

Users,
Recieved Karaoke Spigot today. Need user name and password to install update, should be able to get that from Biff tomorrow. Will ask how current is update database and let you know. Was going to buy KJpro. I found they seldom answer their phones. They buried my order for a week without ever making a move. They did not appear to want my bussiness and could care less. This is my opinion of KJpro and only my opinion.
Mike G.
Old July 24th, 2001, 09:42 PM

Correction users. I did not need user name and password to download free upgrade to Spigot database. It was a 4 meg file created 6/10/2001 so should be very current. Spigot may not have all the bells and whistles of KJpro as the program is older, but it is a stand alone program, easy to use and from what I've found so far, good company support. I will not comment anymore on songbook software unless asked as this may not be the appropriate forum.
Mike G.
Old July 25th, 2001, 11:06 PM
Frequent Member

You could have gotten a copy through karaoke.com or one of th other online dealers to get KJPRo. I got mine through Karaoke.com
I use to use Soigot and think that the text on the 2 column pages was to small for singers to read. KJPRO uses better font sizes. And I believe that anything that makes a book easier to read makes your shows easier to run.
Old July 26th, 2001, 01:34 AM

Thanks Danny G,
I believe you know what you're talking about. I only hope you never need tech support from KJpro.
I'm not a professional KJ yet and only have about 60 disks, so it's not neccesary for me to use 2 columns. My first shows will be for a volunteer organization I work with. Almost all my disks are now in my songlist. The database was very current with the free downloadable Spigot update and included everything I've got except a few disks that came from Asia.
Mike G.
Old July 26th, 2001, 02:31 AM
Frequent Member

I was using 2 columns at 50 discs. the more saved pages the better. Cost of copies go down as well. You'll find as you print your books that taking your list to be copied on a copier saves a lot of ink and wear and tear on your printer. I only print one copy on m printer then I use a copier. I started with about 30 LD and went to 30 LDS & 22 CDG's before switching over to CDG alltogether. I now have about 240 CDG's & VCD's in my collection. When I had the spigot I couldn't get as up to date listings without typing them in as I was purchasing newer manufatured discs faster than Spigot was updating. Before I purchased KJPRO I tied out several other programs- Karaoke SPeedbook, Airwer's product demo, etc. I have yet to find one that beats KJPRO for ease of use, and versitility. BY the way has anyone tried Pro11?
Old July 26th, 2001, 01:21 PM

Easier To Use Than Airwer???

I can't believe you can't find a software that is easier to use than the airwer software.
I' tried the others and there is no comparison.
The airwer software beats them all, for speed, qulaity, price and support.
I got a reply to a question from airwer within 1 hour of sending my email.
Old July 26th, 2001, 02:13 PM
Frequent Member

tried aiwer hated it as it looked to have too small of a font in 2 columns. At least it was as small as the font used in Spigot books. I will stick with KJPOR untill they go out of business- have had 0 problems with the software and have figured out how to backup the data so If I ever have to reinstall I will still have my books and won't have to type in several of my discs due to not purchasing the updates and typing in the discs I get that are not in the master database. for the price $99. at most internet stores it is the best software on the market for ease of use. Even typing in is easy. Does AirWer allow you to type without capitalizing and automatically capitalize the titles and artist's names in the Add Songs menu or does it even have an Add songs menu where you can add discs that aren't available in their database? KJPro does and it's done so easy that even a ten year old could add a disc to the database within a few minutes.
Old July 26th, 2001, 05:41 PM

It does all of them

Yes, It does all that.
And the updates are free.
And it only costs $60
There is just no comparison.
They even allow you to download the full version before you buy (www.airwer.com)
You obvisouly don't have a clue about the airwer software or do
you have a commercial intrest in KJP?

Sounds like KJP spam crap to me!
Old July 27th, 2001, 09:08 PM

The Spigot does have an add disk mode for ones not in the database and also you can select remember artist name so you don't have to keep typing it in. It will also sequence the disk #'s so you don't have to keep typing that also. It will make a backup on your harddrive of your songlist. Not sure yet if you can put it on a floppy. I'll ask my KJ buddy in Atlanta how the 2 column pages look before I make my book. Biff knocked off $30 because I'm doing this for charity, don't tell anyone. You guys keep fighting this out, maybe there's another choice we haven't looked at yet.
Mike G.
Old July 28th, 2001, 01:11 PM

Cool Song List Software

I have used lots of different software available including all the stuff mentioned here the one which stands head and shoulders above the rest in both ease of use and features including free updates is Airwer Karaoke Song List Creator. Also if you get a disc and it is not included you just e-mail them and they produce a free update for you . I would give them 10/10 its the best by far.
they are at www.airwer.com and you even get to try it for free!!