MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 8th, 2009, 11:57 AM

Trouble Reading SAV-A & P's

I have the 4.20 latest version of Microstudio. And i just noticed none of my SAV-A's will play correctly, and will not backup correctly, all garbled. I know Hoster hates the SAV-A & P's and i'm not too crazy about them either. But i never had this problem untill this upgrade. At least in hoster, just the title screen is garbled, you can still play the song. But in this version of MS, the who song is garbled. Anyone else have this problem? God Bless, George
Old May 8th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

George,
I checked a bunch of mine and no problem with any of them except for the title page of course. I have quite a lot of them which ones did you test? I can check them specifically.
Does the whole song look like the title page or is it different the way it garbles? Could you take a screen capture and post it here? Best way would be to save it from Paint as a JPG then it won't be so large a file.
Old May 8th, 2009, 07:39 PM

I don't know how to do that..but yes it is pretty much exactly like the title page. Broken song lyrics. I tried several, SAVA10, 12, 13... none of them will display correctly. Whatcha' think? any suggestions? I of course tried several other brands, including the dreaded "Chartbuster". All is fine..hummm???? Good thing i caught this before i made a backup for my yard party show. I am not a big fan of the SAV series. But i still have the older folks that sing these old disc to death. Gotta have'em. George

Incidently, in ALL previous Microstudio versions, ALL SAV series CD's would display correctly for me, INCLUDING the title page.
Old May 9th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

For the Screen print, while the song is on the screen press Shift and the Print Screen key. Then open Paint (Start\Accessories\Paint) and click on Edit\Paste. Then do a Save As and save it as a JPG. You can then attach it (paperclip symbol up top) to a post here.
Are you using the discs & a player instead of the computer for your yard party? If the originals play in the player ok then the copies should also play ok. Apparently it is just your Microstudio that is having this problem. Microstudio has the same player as Hoster and the older versions of Hoster used to play them ok too. The modification was made (if memory hasn't failed me) to correct for DK discs that wouldn't play and this messed up the title page for the SAV discs. It has something to do with the interlaced graphics that they both use but they both don't use the same method.
That doesn't explain why your is completely garbled because SAV only uses that for their titles. The rest is just straight one pass graphics.
Are you playing directly from the disc or are you playing from your KMA files?
Old May 9th, 2009, 09:08 AM

i just imported savp disc, to see if i get the same result but everything is working, even the tittle page is not garbled, i know that in hoster the tittle page is garbled , but the graphics are ok, in ms everything is working not garbled...
Old May 9th, 2009, 09:48 AM

i guessed i have to take that back..this is what i found out, there are some song that are garbled, some are not, on some songs the first phrase will come out ok , 2nd phrase you can't read the lyrics, but when it starts sweeping the graphics will be readable...
Old May 9th, 2009, 07:36 PM

I will do that first chance tomorrow Dale, and Billyo....and get right back to you. I have a party to do this evening..so..wish me luck, and i will get right on it after visiting mom tomorrow..DON'T FORGET Mothers Day Tomorrow..I am so thankful to still have her with me..gotta love mom..untill tomorrow..stay safe, God bless...
Old May 9th, 2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
I will do that first chance tomorrow Dale, and Billyo....and get right back to you. I have a party to do this evening..so..wish me luck, and i will get right on it after visiting mom tomorrow..DON'T FORGET Mothers Day Tomorrow..I am so thankful to still have her with me..gotta love mom..untill tomorrow..stay safe, God bless...
good luck, i already got my wife something, bought it friday afternoon had to avoid that moms day rush..
Old May 10th, 2009, 07:42 PM

Ok Dale and billyo, i think i have this figured out. Here are a few examples of my screens. I am taking the original CD+G's and putting them in my CD rom drive. These are not backup disc, these are the original disc. George

Last edited by Musicman51; July 2nd, 2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old May 10th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

Are you playing them directly from the CD or are you importing them with Microstudio to play these examples?
This is not the same as the Title page as that is totally unreadable do to the way they interlace the graphic.
It looks to me like the discs may be getting scratched or slightly dirty. Try cleaning them before you play or import them.
One thing is if you import them with Microstudio (or Hoster) then MTU's error correction will catch most of this. You are aware that you can make copies from your KMA files too with Microstudio.
You don't need to re-import them into Microstudio to do that. Microstudio will convert KMA's, MP3+G, etc. into the correct format for burning to the disc.
Also if you do a "Duplicate Disc" I don't think that the error correction is set-up to work with that, so any dirt or scratches on the disc will create the same mistake on the new disc.
Old May 11th, 2009, 12:34 PM

Thanks Dale, i don't have MicroStudio on the same laptop as my Hoster for one thing. Hoster is all by itself on my show laptop, and i do not go online with that laptop except for upgrades to hoster. These examples are right from inserting the actual original disc into the CD Rom tray, and clicking play. That simple. These were not like this on the last version of MS. Everything was fine all the way around untill this upgrade. I'm going to still...give this upgrade yet another chance before i dump it. Going back to tweeting. These disc are in prestine condition, as are all my CD+G's. Thanks George
Old May 11th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Try importing a disk into Microstudio. That may clean it up. you could also copy some of your KMAs to a flash drive or CD and move them to that machine to see if they work ok.
Old May 11th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Are your KMA files on the C: drive on the laptop or an external drive?
Old May 11th, 2009, 08:52 PM

My KMA's are on my external hard drives dale, i have 3 external hard drives, all for karaoke only. I use Microstudio mostly for making custom karaoke disc, which i take along with me to some of my friends karaoke shows in the area. I also use Microstudio for making backups, and for of course making CD+G disc of what i create in KH Pro.

So it's a very important production tool for me. That is why it must work correctly. All i can say dale, is the last version worked perfectly for everything i needed it to do, no matter what brand of disc i fed it. This upgrade sadly will not. So i will work a little more with it, before i go back to the last version. Tomorrow i plan on hooking up my other two CD Roms to it, just to see if it behaves any differently. One drive is an external MTU Certified, one is not. We'll see if they will read my SAV's... we'll see.....George
Old May 11th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

If your KMA files are on an external then just move the drive to this machine and access them from Microstudio. If those play clean (and they should) then you can make your discs from those files. When MS burns them to a disc they are converted back to the same format as the originals.
Old May 12th, 2009, 02:29 PM

Smile

Sure, i could do that i suppose dale, but i shouldn't have to if the software is working correctly on my machine. I will again drive this home, and i know you are getting tired of reading it but..... untill this upgrade, ALL features of MS were working as smooth as silk. I never had to dig out my external drives to make a backup..And i won't go through that on this upgrade either. If the software is not compatable with my XP system, like the last upgrade, and the one before that, and the one before that and... well you get the idea.

Time to be rethinking the upgrade i would say. But again, i'm still messing around here, and going to see if i can't make this thing work. I don't mind hooking up another rom drive, and leave it sat up for this puter. But i'm not going to be plugging, and unplugging external hard drives to share between two computers. Not when i never had to before. George
Old May 12th, 2009, 04:12 PM

OK.... after a little switching around, i hooked up my external MTU Certified writer to my XP, PC, and it made a world of difference as you can see in the photos i made above. I also took a photo of the external i put on here. Still not done yet, i have a few more things to do here, but this is sure making progress.

I am going to order a new MTU Certified Rom from their website, to use along with my show laptop. I don't want to change out the internal rom on this PC, because it works great with other programs i have. So i will keep you posted as to my progress. George

Last edited by Musicman51; July 2nd, 2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old May 12th, 2009, 09:17 PM

i have sava-p on my ext. drive, when i play it using hoster, only the title page is garbled and the last part is garbled to all the song lyrics are readable after the title page, now when i imported the same disc on ms, like i said on my other post, some tracks on these disc will play ok, some are not, first phrase will be ok , next phrase will be garbled, but when it starts sweeping lyrics are clear ...
Old May 12th, 2009, 09:32 PM

billyo, i have them on my external to. In Hoster, i too have a garbled title page, but the lyrics are fine. But i've never had either garbled title, or lyrics in my MicroStudio, untill this upgrade. Have you used MicroStudio before this version? How did your last upgrade work? At least i find, i'm not the only one having this trouble with MicroStudio on the SAV situation. On the rom drive i have been using in this last upgrade, everything is garbled.. Title, lyrics..everything. I changed roms, it's better..but not like the old version. I'm getting close to going back to the last upgrade, but i still have hope for this one, slow imports and all. The version as a whole seems slower, sluggish, unlike the last version. George
Old May 12th, 2009, 09:47 PM

Incidently, i went to my account, and it says i ordered my first version of Microstudio at the end of 2001.