MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 11th, 2007, 09:58 AM

Is anyone running Microstudio 4.00x on 64 Bit Vista?

I need to know of any customers that are running under Windows Vista 64 bit and what version of Vista that you have. If you could also post your hardware that would help.
Old October 19th, 2007, 07:28 PM

64bit Vista

I am running v4001 on 64bit vista ultimate. The only problem I've had is ripping cdg's from the cd, the program crashes my pc to the blue memory dump screen.
Old October 21st, 2007, 10:07 PM

Yes I actually my last posting was about the program crashing. My PC is fine, it actually is brand new HP Multimedia center. Is there a patch or something that can fix this??
Old October 21st, 2007, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Do both of you have the latest firmware for your CD/DVD drives? Even if your computer is new you still may not have the latest version.
The same goes for Windows updates. If you do not do the Custom Update from Microsofts Update website and load all the updates, then problems seem to always jump up.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:28 AM

As far as the (firmware) updates on the drive, I should have the latest....becouse I bought an external drive from MTU along with MStudio. So that should not be the issue. And MSoft updates are current.

Old October 22nd, 2007, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Even if your computer is new you still may not have the latest version.

MTU obtains the drives from a distributer who may have had them a while. Then they take time to test them with the programs to verify they will read CDG. Then thay sit waiting for someone to buy them. It could be months in between manufacture and purchase and if a new firmware update comes out they are no longer up-to-date. This applies to anything you buy including Microsoft products.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 05:48 PM

Checked all that.......just tried using the program today and what do you know, now it will not run????

I had ripped over 2000 songs with it so far, now it will not run. I click on the ICON and the hour glass spins for about 10 seconds and then nothing.....any ideas??
Old December 1st, 2007, 06:08 PM

Home Premium

I have Hoster and the entire Suite currently running on Vista Home Premium X64.
AMD AM2 3800 processor Single Core
1 GB DDR2 533 dual channel
Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G (rev 1.0)
Plextor PX712A DVD-R/W

May I ask why you need to know? Curious if there is some discrepancy with the software or something on a 64 machine. I know I am having some import issues.

Jon

Monolith Entertainment
Old March 5th, 2008, 01:04 PM

I am running Microstudio 4.006 on a HP HDX 9010 NRX. I upgraded to 4.006 because the only problem that I had was that I could not record any cd's with 4.004. It aborted the recording process at the very beginning and I ruined a lot of blanks cd's because of this.

With 4.006 is recording and running smoothly
Old March 10th, 2008, 09:32 AM

does the vista x64 have adequate 64 bit drivers to function for most software????

I bought the xp x64 and built a dualboot system only to find they didnt have enough drivers to make it compatible with most programs. I even tried the Mtu programs on it but at the time there was no hope.

I never did see enough of an advantage to use it a lot.

MACHINE NAME: [Monster]
Windows XP 64 & 32 Professional Dual boot
Processor - AMD xp64 x2 4400
RAM - 2.0g PC3200 ddr2 800ghz
Motherboard msi platinum (latest BIOS and DRIVERS)
Sound Card - sound blaster comp.(On-board sound device)
Video - MSI 6800 128MG
HD Primary - 7 VAROIUS HARD DRIVES ON THIS MACHINE
CD-R - Plextor (PX-W708A 1.04) CD-R - TEAC
DVD/CD-R - NEC (optiplex )
DirectX Version - 9.0c (4.09.0000.0901)
Old July 13th, 2008, 09:15 AM

MStudio 4.006 Under 64-bit Vista

Intro: Replying to Bryan's request for user information. I have been using MTU products for years, just personal use, first under Win98, then XP Professional, and now 64-bit Vista. Having read dozens of related posts, let me say that, to the best of my knowledge, all hardware, software, and firmware are up to date.

Problem and non-problem summary: MStudio+Vista does not crash my computer, as some posters have reported. The only functional issue I have, which is not insignificant, is that the Import Tracks feature fails. I can, however, play songs and create create CDG discs using onboard bin files previously imported onto my XP machine and copied to my Vista unit. Similarly, songs created with KHP under Vista can be played and burned normally.

System: HP Pavilion Notebook dv9700z, (The "z" simply means a custom configuration), running Windows Vista, Ver/Build 6, SP1, 64-bit; AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL64; 4 GB RAM (2 x 2 GB DIMM); HP BIOS F.2F; NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS (discrete); dual 120 GB IDE drives ST9120823AS @7200 rpm; internal Pioneer DVDRW DR-KD08HB (f/w 1K09); external USB Optiarc (MTU) DVDRW AD7170A (f/w 1.02); Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221.

What happens on Import Tracks:
  • Reading Disc dropdown lists both of my optical drives, with drive letter "@"
  • Read Disc button functions normally; tracks appear in window; with discs previously compiled using MStudio, tracks are all listed as "unknown," but manufactured discs (e.g., SC) give title, artist, length, etc. as expected.
  • Note: This step works equally well with both optical drives.
  • After selecting tracks or pressing Select All, and then pressing Import Selected Tracks, the import process appears to begin. The progress/error correction window pops up. However, the blue progress bar does not stream, and each track registers IMPORTED in just five seconds.
  • All tracks now appear in the main MStudio window, left side. They can even be added to the Play List, but they will not play. (Mini lyrics screen opens and immediately closes). Pressing Refresh removes all new tracks, and displays the error message bubble. Furthermore, the import folder lists all newly "imported" tracks as "bin" files, BUT the file sizes are all "0 bytes." So the process seems to initialize but not complete.
I hope this provides enough detail to help you determine some potential root causes. Just a few other notes: (1) discs and Optiarc drive all work fine in the XP machine; furthermore, the Optiarc drive works fine on the Vista machine, too, outside of MStudio's Import Tracks function; (2) I have previously disabled Vista's annoying "User Account Control"; (3) I can't think of any other updates to go after.

Thanks,
Retro Man
Old July 13th, 2008, 10:15 AM
VIP

Confused!!!!

Could someone explain the difference to me? After reading the posts I'm confused.

I have an HP-Vista with AMD Turion 64x2, and says 32-bit Operating System. So then, what does the "64" stand for?
Old July 13th, 2008, 10:23 AM

Reply to Skybird re: AMD chip

Skybird:

You computer appears to have a 64-bit processor. It could probably run 64-bit Vista, but your HP came with 32-bit Vista installed.

Retro Man
Old July 13th, 2008, 10:29 AM
VIP

Sorry, but I'm still confused
Should I write HP and ask them why it says 64x2, but 32bit OS?
Old July 13th, 2008, 01:13 PM

Skybird:

It shouldn't be a problem. All it means is that your processor (hardware) is capable of running a 64-bit operating system. It doesn't mean you have to. When I bought my HP Pavilion last month, I chose the 64-bit Vista operating system over the standard 32-bit Vista. You probably could not do the reverse, that is, install a 64-bit OS on a system running a 32-bit processor.

Anyway, if you have more questions along these lines, an HP forum might be a better place than the Microstudio Help forum.

Retro Man
Old July 13th, 2008, 01:33 PM
VIP

Thanks. My concern was because of reading the Posts where people are having problems running MicroStudio on 64bit - so I wanted to understand what I have before I install. Right now I only have MicroStudio on my XP laptop.
Old July 13th, 2008, 02:26 PM

Wink

So far, that seems like a good place for it. I'm co-running it there , too, for now.
Old July 14th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Skybird, since you have the 32 bit (standard) Vista you should not see the problems listed above if you rum Microstudio on that machine.
Old July 14th, 2008, 03:29 PM
VIP

Thanks!
Old July 22nd, 2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Man View Post
Intro: Replying to Bryan's request for user information. I have been using MTU products for years, just personal use, first under Win98, then XP Professional, and now 64-bit Vista. Having read dozens of related posts, let me say that, to the best of my knowledge, all hardware, software, and firmware are up to date.

Problem and non-problem summary: MStudio+Vista does not crash my computer, as some posters have reported. The only functional issue I have, which is not insignificant, is that the Import Tracks feature fails. I can, however, play songs and create create CDG discs using onboard bin files previously imported onto my XP machine and copied to my Vista unit. Similarly, songs created with KHP under Vista can be played and burned normally.

System: HP Pavilion Notebook dv9700z, (The "z" simply means a custom configuration), running Windows Vista, Ver/Build 6, SP1, 64-bit; AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL64; 4 GB RAM (2 x 2 GB DIMM); HP BIOS F.2F; NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS (discrete); dual 120 GB IDE drives ST9120823AS @7200 rpm; internal Pioneer DVDRW DR-KD08HB (f/w 1K09); external USB Optiarc (MTU) DVDRW AD7170A (f/w 1.02); Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221.

What happens on Import Tracks:
  • Reading Disc dropdown lists both of my optical drives, with drive letter "@"
  • Read Disc button functions normally; tracks appear in window; with discs previously compiled using MStudio, tracks are all listed as "unknown," but manufactured discs (e.g., SC) give title, artist, length, etc. as expected.
  • Note: This step works equally well with both optical drives.
  • After selecting tracks or pressing Select All, and then pressing Import Selected Tracks, the import process appears to begin. The progress/error correction window pops up. However, the blue progress bar does not stream, and each track registers IMPORTED in just five seconds.
  • All tracks now appear in the main MStudio window, left side. They can even be added to the Play List, but they will not play. (Mini lyrics screen opens and immediately closes). Pressing Refresh removes all new tracks, and displays the error message bubble. Furthermore, the import folder lists all newly "imported" tracks as "bin" files, BUT the file sizes are all "0 bytes." So the process seems to initialize but not complete.
I hope this provides enough detail to help you determine some potential root causes. Just a few other notes: (1) discs and Optiarc drive all work fine in the XP machine; furthermore, the Optiarc drive works fine on the Vista machine, too, outside of MStudio's Import Tracks function; (2) I have previously disabled Vista's annoying "User Account Control"; (3) I can't think of any other updates to go after.

Thanks,
Retro Man
I observe exactly the same symptoms running Vista 64 with Microstudio 4.006.

I do not want to re-install Vista 32 bit just so that a poorly QC build can run. I want MicrosStudio to fix it to run under Vista 64!