MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old April 1st, 2007, 01:04 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
MM has been out of business for a little over a year or so. They were allegedly producing tracks without obtaining the proper licensing. Not a big loss to me, I found many of their tracks to be very midi sounding. Some songs were done quite well I do admit to SOME of their country discs were ok & anything that sounded like it was midi on the radio was done ok, otherwise..... .
Thanks for the info. As an Elvis freak, I was disappointed to hear they went under. I believe they have produced most of the Elvis songs that he recorded. I was hoping they would continue until they did all of them. Oh, well, maybe someone else will do it but I doubt it since this would not be beneificial to most karaoke shows.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedmison View Post
This brings a question to mind. What WOULD be a safe limit of "space used" on your hard drive for music; before you went with an external drive to hold all the music?

Thanks,

Kelly
I use a second hard drive to hold all my music. That way if your main HD crashes you do not lose all your music because of that crash. Right now I use an 80GB HD and I have a backup on a 160gig external.

As long as it is only used for storage you could make it to leaving a HD with 1-5 gigs open on it. If you are using your Windows HD then I would really recomend getting a seperate HD.
Hopefully Hoster 3.316
AMD Athalon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3ghz
ASUS M2A-VM Motherboard
2 - 1GB DDR2 800mhz Corsair RAM
1 - 500 GB SATA Western Digital HD
1 - 160 GB external HD
ATI Radeon Sapphire X1650 Pro Video Card 512MB
Realtek HD Audio

www.downhomekaraoke.biz
Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean-Anthony View Post
I have an Insperon by Dell and they told me that the cooling technique for this lap top is when Ram is hot is shares with memory to cool and return to Ram. Meaning you want at least 10 gig free space for this.
It would be a good idea to grab an external cooler for your notebook. (as Dell no longer calls them laptops because of the heat issue and how hot they get now) You can find these external cooling devices at Target, Walmart and they use a USB port to run. All you do is set your notebook on the device which has fance that blow on the underside of the notebook and keep it running much cooler.
Hopefully Hoster 3.316
ASUS M2A-VM Motherboard
1 - 160 GB external HD
Realtek HD Audio

www.downhomekaraoke.biz
Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:28 PM

I have actually had some problems with Stardisc. Sometimes when the graphics load at the begining it cuts out the music to a low scratchy noise until the title has loaded. MM has never given me any problems except for their quality is low. The worest song I have with Stardisc is Lets go to Vagas.
Hopefully Hoster 3.316
ASUS M2A-VM Motherboard
1 - 160 GB external HD
Realtek HD Audio

www.downhomekaraoke.biz