MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 8th, 2003, 12:57 PM

Angry Getting re-synch to work

I wrote about this before but the input must have been lost.
I can't get the hang of changing the synchronization once I have run through the song and tried to synchronize it the first time.
The instructions in the book are very hard to follow. It should be re-written in a more intelligible manner.
Anyway, I assumed from the hype that I could select any word individually, if I so desired, and change the start and/or finish of the sweep. If this is so, please explain to me how I can accomplish it.
Trying to play and change the synch on one word is pretty hard, given that one word doesn't take up much time in a song. I want to be able to select a word and then add milliseconds(or whatever) to the beginning or ending of that word without mucking up whatever follows. I shouldn't have to "play" that word or phrase in order to make the change.
Old June 8th, 2003, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Adjusting a word

From the KPro 4.0 manual:

Click the Adjust Play button - This will play across the selected word(s) area, redrawing the word highlighting with the music. If the Loop check box is enabled, it will repeat playing across the same area automatically until you press the N key or click the Stop (Adjust Play) button.

Adjust the word sync - While Adjust playing, press the < key (or click the < button) to make the selected word(s) highlight sooner, or press the > key (or click the > button) to make them highlight later. If you have loop play enabled, your next play pass will show your changes to the highlighting. Press and hold the Ctrl key to adjust the end of the highlighting with the < and > keys. Pressing the < or > keys or Ctrl key with them moves the selected word(s) even while NOT Adjust Playing.

I guess I understand what to do, so I am having a hard time not understanding where it is not clear.

Keep in mind that NORMALLY IN A SONG, the highlight flows from one word to the next with no pause. We have tried to make this happen as best we could in 4.008. When you adjust the start of a selected word (by pressing the < key while Audition playing, or while not playing), it moves that word to start highlighting sooner. Pressing the > key moves it to start highlighting later. The prior word's highlighting is also adjusted so the continuous flow is not halted.

Now, if you move the end highlighting of a word (by pressing the Ctrl and < or > keys), by moving it to the left (highlight ends sooner), you do DECOUPLE it from the next word and create a silence or pause gap in the highlighting (does not affect the music). If you move it to the right (highlight ends later), it automatically adjusts when the next word starts highlighting (it is delayed or starts later).

These adjustments can be done whether you are playing or not.

You can control how much "distance" in time each < or > key or button press moves the highlight. The control for how much to move is found in the Advance dialog box, viewable by clicking the Advanced... button in the Adjust Lyrics screen. It is the Adjust amount: field at the bottom right. You can adjust as low as 0.01 seconds (10 millisconds) per < or > key press. Do you need to adjust finer than that? Let me know as we could make the field 0.001 resolution.

Please post back here if this helped or not, or if I missed your question altogether.
Old June 9th, 2003, 11:37 AM

It took me a little while to figure out, but after a little bit of practice it becomes very easy. Hang in there!!!! I started by doing a simple song like "Row Row Row Your Boat" and then for an hour just messed around with a few words to see what all the functions did (with the help of the manual). Think of your song as linear and each time you hit your space bar it kind of puts a "flag" for that word. The adjustments buttons move that "flag" to where you want it. My first few songs it took a few minutes to move a flag, but now that I'm use to it, just a few seconds on a word to move it. I hardly ever use the "loop" function. I can do it faster without it. Just my personal preference. Others may do it differently.

Jimbo