MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 23rd, 2003, 12:08 PM

Music Cuts off at end

Has anyone else had this problem?

I import my songs (to .wav) using Microstudio (version 2.400) from a CD. All the songs seem to import fine. When I use the Kpro software (version 4.008), all the songs play completely except for the last song imported from the CD. The song is cut off about 3 seconds before it ends. In a previous thread somewhere someone refered to this as "clipping".

I have worked around this problem by importing the song into another audio program (where I can see the waveform) and I see that it is not cut off. I then have to add about 2 seconds of silence at the end and then export that audio as a .wav file. I am then able to replace that "fix" track in Kpro and it works fine. The other "work around" I have done is to record the last track on my cd twice in a row and then not import the last track.

Jimbo
Old April 23rd, 2003, 04:29 PM

I'm a Lakers fan but I talk about the "Clippers"

How are you Jimbo?

I have a question. You say "When I use the Kpro software (version 4.008)" does that mean "When I create a CDG file of a wave file"? or are you talking about playing the wave files somehow in 4.800?

Here's my experience. Some commercially created cdg songs, whether on Karaoke disc or as a file, when played on Microstudio will stop short. (the music stops before the last notes are heard)

Eventually I reasoned that this had nothing to do with the code developed by the Brands that had the trouble. It had to do with whether the brand had an extensive runoff of silence (The credits or logo for instance) I believe that Microstudio clips ALL songs short but, fortunately, 99.9% of the time, the clip is of the logo, not the music. I can share a more extensive report of my observations, or answer any questions you have.

I'm not sure how the last track would have anything to do with clipping, at least from my experience. Other people when writing about working around Media-clog (sp?) talk about the last track. I wonder if this is coming into play in your case.

Is the clipping occuring when monitoring wave files or playing cdg files on Microstudio play?

I'm interested in discussing this further; For a while I was the only one who talked about clipping so this topic is near and dear to me.

Good luck. I hope you will be able to see how your experiences mesh with mine and others.

Oh I see you are in Provo. I've lived in Provo for Language training once, and school as well. That brings back memories.
Old April 23rd, 2003, 05:13 PM

Yeah Jahern,

I knew we'd get on the same wavelength if we tried hard enough

I haven't experienced the clipping yet , but have upon occassion after creating a cdg in both KHP and now Kpro had the end of the track start "motorboating" or repeating the last few notes over and over at a rapid rate, kinda like a "jack hammer" effect when played back. Invariably the cure was to do the same as Jimbo and add a couple of seconds silence to the end of the track.

I've developed the habit of automatically making sure there's about 2 seconds at the beginning and 5 seconds or so at the end of every track(never when testing) before I even bother to proceed with Kpro, and I never have the problem any more. I just gathered that in some cases perhaps the credits page is some how interfering. Maybe I'll see if I can run into it again sometime and instead of adding silence to the end of the track, try disabling the credits page. Be interesting to see what happens.

I'm wondering now after reading your posts if perhaps what I was running into is related, and was just short of being fully clipped, but attempting to recover itself. Does that make any sense

take care,

George

Last edited by George; April 25th, 2003 at 11:36 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2003, 06:41 PM

Jahern,

I'm actually using an orginal disc so I know media-cloq is not the problems. I'm mixing my recorded music in Pro-tools (on Mac) and then burning it to disc. Kpro is playing the wave file, but it cuts it off. Like I said before, I've only noticed it cutting off last songs of cd's I've burned. I've probably authored 75 CDG's in the last week or so and so I have a good handle on the program.

I haven't played the tracks in microstudio so I don't know if it gets clipped there. I will try it sometime and post.

I also had language training (2 months spanish) in Provo before I moved here. Same place maybe?

I have never had the jackhammer effect.
Old April 23rd, 2003, 07:06 PM

Jahern

I played the track using Microstudio. It did not clip the end of the song off.
I think the problem lies somewhere in Kpro. Microstudio will extract the complete song. Kpro will not play the complete song.

I'll keep my ear out to make sure it is only the last track it is clipping. I'm wondering if it has to do with the lead-out on a CD when it is burned.
Old April 25th, 2003, 11:21 PM

Something to say

jimbo

First of all, if you don't have a player for wav files I think you should get one, and here's why. I find it helpful to see how long the track (or wave file) is supposed to last and at what exact second the music stops before the track (or wave file) runs its length. I have a few (musicmatch, siren jukebox) but if I didn't have those, windows media player would suffice.

I ripped as a wave file the FIRST track of one of my problem discs. I ripped it two times; once with microstudio and once with Siren Jukebox. They were both 25,696 megabytes. I played the song on Siren Jukebox and looked at the seconds. The file plays for 2:29 or 2 minutes, 29 seconds. The last note decays at 2 minutes 28 seconds!

I imported it to kpro using the "lyrics" Si nos dejan, the title of the song.( I studied spanish in Provo as well-went to Colombia.) The song clipped. I can't say exactly how many seconds were clipped because there is no counter in kpro(not asking for one) but it was close to the end so I'm guessing three or four seconds.

This was the first track Admittedly the space after music was very short. That's why it clips when Microstudio plays it. I think that the last tracks clip in your work because last tracks, I suppose as a rule, don't need extra space added to them as they play.

I need to test further and try to measure the clipping points of Microstudio and KPRO.

To Be Continued.....
Old April 29th, 2003, 11:32 AM

I do have players for wav files, and the files play completely.
Microstudio imports the complete song.
It's just when I play them in K-pro that they are clipped. And you are right, it is not just the last song on a CD that will do it. I have had other songs clipped that weren't the last track. The song even clipped when my credits screen was drawing out.
Once again, I think it's a k-pro issue, but I use my "work-around" to compensate for the minor problem.
Old April 29th, 2003, 01:17 PM

For Files That Clip In Kpro

Files that clip when kpro plays them.

Using one of your Wave players, that show the seconds and everything, do you notice a correlation between when the music stops playing and when the player stops playing the file. Is the interval less than 2 seconds, 3 seconds or what. My guess is that it is anything less than a substantial amount (6 seconds??) since,according to you, kpro clips songs that microstudio does not.
Old May 12th, 2003, 04:57 PM

Smile

I've done some more testing. It seems that the audio file cuts the end off while monitoring in KHpro. Even though I did not hear the end of the music I exported to CDG anyway then burned the CDG. I then played the CDG and the music WAS there. I imagine it's just some little bug in the monitoring. See if this runs true for you as well Jahern.