MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old October 24th, 2004, 01:02 PM

Ready to by the best CD+g recorder you have

I just bought a CD+G recorder from a local retailer, paid $800.00 for this piece of work. This was a birthday gift for my brother, and its on its way back to this retailer.

So before purchasing the duplicator from MTU how do you know which CDGs are protected with MediaCloq or which ones can't be duplicated. My brother disposed of the original sleves and cases when he purchases them. Is there a symbol or mark on the cd or any way to find out w/o actually trying duplicating them.

At Your Mercy............
Old October 25th, 2004, 01:35 PM

Re: Ready to by the best CD+g recorder you have

It should say Mediacloq on the disc itself. Mine do. It appears around the center hole.
Old October 25th, 2004, 03:14 PM

Thank you ............
Old November 5th, 2004, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killzone
I just bought a CD+G recorder from a local retailer, paid $800.00 for this piece of work. This was a birthday gift for my brother, and its on its way back to this retailer.

So before purchasing the duplicator from MTU how do you know which CDGs are protected with MediaCloq or which ones can't be duplicated. My brother disposed of the original sleves and cases when he purchases them. Is there a symbol or mark on the cd or any way to find out w/o actually trying duplicating them.

At Your Mercy............
As mentioned by Nitecat, the disc should state that it is mediacloq encrypted. However, most were in the Sound Choice 8700 series, not much else.

Most everything else can be backed up, including the multi-session CDG discs as well. Feel free to call me at x201 if you wish to discuss the topic further.

Regards,

Doug Cox
MTU