MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old June 6th, 2005, 10:17 PM

Sound Card Help?

Can anyone tell me what sound card would be best for a new computer Karaoke system?
Old November 23rd, 2005, 02:37 PM

Any 16 bit or better sound card will work

Any 16 bit or better sound card will work. I actually run two of them in my system. One to run Hoster and the other to run a DJ program so that I can mix back and forth on my mixing board between singers.

I recommend not using an on-board sound (like comes built into a motherboard) as they don't sound as clean in my opinion.

You can buy some really good external sound cards if you don't feel like cracking your computer open but you usually can't use more than one at a time. Your options on this are pretty much limited to USB and Firewire unless you have a really top of the line mixer. The Firewire usually being the more expensive.

If you plan to do any recording back into your computer you will need a card that has multiple inputs and outputs but keep in mind they can get quite expensive.

This may be late but I hope it helps.

Jon
Monolith Entertainment