MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old June 15th, 2008, 12:54 PM

Exclamation Import New Songs Title, Artist Work Around

The main advantage here is accuracy especially when importing other languages. I have a large selection of Music & Karaoke songs in Hindi, Hebrew, Greek, Spanish and the list go’s on, you can’t imagine the countless hours I saved using this technique.
Working out of NYC the melting pot of the world you need to be ready so I like to share this with you.

1) First shut down Hoster program and start iTunes.
2) Put your CD in the drive iTune will ask you to import click on NO if you want.
3) All CD/CDG information will be automaticly populated for you including Genre then minimize iTune.
4) Click on trick #1 of the album then right click and select (Get Info) click Info tab your title will be highlighted your all set in iTunes reposition window bottom left corner.
5) Now start Hoster program and minimize it and go to import CD tracks select the brand DiscID etc then click on add tracks, reposition window to upper right corner.
6) Go to iTune info window and copy the title name.
7) Go to Hoster window and paste Title into Hoster import window do the same with artist.
8) Getting info from iTune window and into Hoster window.
9) When ready for track # 2 go to iTune window and click on Next button and continue till you’re done.
10) After a while you’ll get faster at it and it will save time.
Old June 16th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Nieves View Post
The main advantage here is accuracy especially when importing other languages. I have a large selection of Music & Karaoke songs in Hindi, Hebrew, Greek, Spanish and the list go’s on, you can’t imagine the countless hours I saved using this technique.
Working out of NYC the melting pot of the world you need to be ready so I like to share this with you.
You started this with "CD", which implies audio only. Have you tried clicking the Import CD Tracks screen, and the "Search OnLine Database" link? This connects to FreeDB, which has lots of Audio CD's identified. Plus, we use their "Disc Identification" code that automatically detects the disc and sends up a unique fingerprint. If that matches a Disc record in their database, it fills in your Artist-Title fields for you. If it matches our Local Database, we use our corrected Artist-Title entries instead.

Have you tried CDG discs with iTunes, and if so how often do you find a CDG disc in iTunes?
Old June 16th, 2008, 09:48 PM

Dear Mr Amin:

I use iTune just to get track information from NEW CDG and CD Discs that I want to import into Hoster and my MusicBook Dlx program that I use to print my song books.
I then copy and paste as stated on my post especially for foreign language CDG and CD Disc. that would not be available on FreeDB link.
All accurate information is already in the CDG and CD.
Now as for CDG some will Not work But some will like Party Tyme (Sybersound Records) - Sing it Now and others although my primary database for English and Spanish is MusicBooks Dlx.
Please Please Please I'm just sharing my own experience with you and I'm not an expert. Thx Joe....
Old June 16th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

Admin, ITunes is using Gracenote CDDB for their look-up. Email follows with additional information.
Old June 18th, 2008, 08:07 PM

Please be advised that the statments i've made above are not I repeat not due to internet database infomation but to ordinary infomation already available in the CD and CDG disc. And as for my MusicBooks Dlx program I subcribe to I retrive information already in my laptop I don't have to pay additional charges for title information which I get once a month with new CDG information with my yearly subcription.
Old June 18th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

Joe, I hate to tell you but ITunes gets an ID from your CD and then uses Gracenote to look up the tracks Title, Artist, Genre and length of song.
Old June 18th, 2008, 11:54 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Joe, I hate to tell you but ITunes gets an ID from your CD and then uses Gracenote to look up the tracks Title, Artist, Genre and length of song.
exaactly, as all cd's are tagged with "ID3 tags" or maybe for advanced tags now, which are read and placed into the computers players.

Old June 19th, 2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I stand corrected I did an experiment with my dell laptop without internet connection and no information was retrieved from the disc. Only when I reconnected my internet cable was I able to get the title Artist info.
Thx ddouglass Joe...

Question:
would it be posible to retrieve Disc information from my MusicBook Dlx database or somehow make that bridge available when imporing tracks?
Old June 19th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

If I remember correctly MTU talked to them about it but could not come to an agreement. MTU would have to pay license fees for each of us and that was not feasable.
MTU has made a lot of corrections and updates to their own database and will be using selected users songs database to continue updating it. So things are looking up for this in the near future.
Old June 19th, 2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
If I remember correctly MTU talked to them about it but could not come to an agreement. MTU would have to pay license fees for each of us and that was not feasable.
MTU has made a lot of corrections and updates to their own database and will be using selected users songs database to continue updating it. So things are looking up for this in the near future.

Can it be posible to retrieve Disc information from my MusicBook Dlx database or somehow make that bridge available from Hoster when imporing tracks?
Old June 23rd, 2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:

Hi dduoglass

Question:

Why would I have to pay a license Fee to MusicBook Dlx for using there database if I already have a yearly subscription and the legal right to use there database?
Old June 23rd, 2008, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

If MTU makes the agreement with them to link/import their data into Hoster,then they would have to pay a licensing fee to Musicbook which MTU has already stated would be passed on (rightly so) to us. Your agreement/subscription to Musicbook has no bearing on this. If you are only using it to fill in the information in Hoster then you would not need to continue your separate subscription, but would pay MTU instead, who would in turn pay Musicbooks.
I am not a legal expert but I know that is the way these things work. If I had a product you wanted to include with your product I would sure want to be paid for it. In order for MTU to include the data they have collected then they would have to pay Musicbooks for that product and all updates. Those fees would be passed on to us, the end customers.