MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old June 4th, 2003, 01:36 PM

DVD Karaoke Players and Equipment

I started a thread called Shinco DVD-3838 to tell about my bad experiences with that player and it turned into discussion about all kinds of things. Unfortunately, a person reading the title would not know what is in there and maybe bypass it even if they have something to say. So I created this thread. I'm interested in hearing all your knowledge about what players are out there and what they do etc.
Old June 6th, 2003, 06:55 AM

More DVD's

I was talking to a buddy last night who has been looking for DVD & CDG players and he said that Wal-Mart is selling an Apex for well under $100 that does the job.

Most of the really cheap ones that he has found run CDG's great but don't list that function. The more expensive ones almost never do.

I'll try to get a model number for you

Madd Matt
Old June 6th, 2003, 09:30 AM

APEX

Yeah, I bought an APEX model 1010 for under $50 last christmas. It didn't say it played CDG, but when I put a CDG in, (i wanted to listen to a CDG at home) it played it with the lyrics on the TV screen. The left and right edges were cut off a little bit, but for home use the kids have fun with it. I have the audio going to my stereo system, got a "Morph" from Priddis so I could add a microphone, and have the video going to my T.V. Great for at home use, plus watch movies. It's also great to be able to practice at home.
Also had a family party with my extended family and did Karaoke for about 3 hours. What a blast!!!!
Even though my model plays CDG, I have heard that not all models or even players with the same model number will play CDG. The higher end APEX (those that have a mic input) says they play CDG. Maybe they are using the same laser and technology on the low end models, just not adding a mic input.
Old June 6th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Frequent Member

edges

try going through the zoom function- trying a friends digix dv-288 out It went off the edge of the player. when I went through the zoom function and came back to the original setting it corrected itself.
Old June 6th, 2003, 01:28 PM

Zoom available??

This was my problem with the Shinco. Sometimes the left and right were cut off and sometimes the bottom was cut off. The Zoom button was available while playing DVD's but didn't do anything while playing cdg's. A sales rep to the store where I bought it said that that was not changeable. (Fortunately I was able to swap out for a different player, RJ Tech (RJ3600). )
Old June 6th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Frequent Member

Re: Zoom available??

Quote:
Originally posted by jahern
This was my problem with the Shinco. Sometimes the left and right were cut off and sometimes the bottom was cut off. The Zoom button was available while playing DVD's but didn't do anything while playing cdg's. A sales rep to the store where I bought it said that that was not changeable. (Fortunately I was able to swap out for a different player, RJ Tech (RJ3600). )
guess it's only available with the digix.
Old July 26th, 2005, 12:42 PM

DVD players

The two players that I've had success with are Mixsonic and RJTech both will play DVD and CD+G and were 100 dollars or less and have mic inputs and Key changing abilitys. I use them as back ups for two different systems. I am hoping that MTU will introduce hoster version 3.2 soon as they say that importing DVD tracks will be available in that version I would love to not have to hook another player into the system.
John
Old July 29th, 2005, 07:34 AM

The RJTech line of players are advertised as karaoke players and as such play CDG's reasonably well. I had some issues with scanning speed on earlier model (RJ3700 and RJ3900) but was told it has been fixed on the later model players (the RJ4100).

The Coby DVD-615 plays CDG's pretty well but changes the colors from what's on the discs. A little frustrating but minor overall. It's had some issues with some of the multi-session/mediacloq discs but overall a great buy at $49 and that's in ALASKA where everything is more expensive.

BTW, I generally judge players based on their ability to accurately scan a song like 'Rapper's Delight' or 'Baby Got Back' since the words scan very quickly and screen flip speed is a necessity. I compare the playback between the DVD based players and that on my RSQ 333 (JVC303) player.

I also have a CAVS 203G which plays very quickly, but takes a while to read the CDG disc initially before I can play it. It reads in an SCDG's table of contents FASTER than a CDG but plays both equally well.
Old August 30th, 2005, 01:23 PM
jewelkinder

Karaoke Pro Software

I am having problems creating a cdg disc. I have the software and a dvd-cdr recorder installed, but when I put it in a karaoke machine it comes out as a file, please help before my husband call the company back to get my money back
Old August 30th, 2005, 02:13 PM
jewelkinder

Karaoke Pro Software

Can someone please help me
Old August 30th, 2005, 02:18 PM

I don't understand what you want. You are in the DVD karaoke players and equipement thread. What does that have to do with creating a karaoke disc? To create a karaoke song you need to use Kpro and ask a specific question in the Kpro forum. If you have used Kpro and authored a song and then are using Microstudio to try to burn it to a DVD, you need to burn it to a CD. You may be able to use your DVD burner to burn it as long as it is a compatible burner. Use a blank CD in your burner not a DVD.

Jim
Old August 30th, 2005, 05:30 PM
jewelkinder

Karaoke Pro Software

Thank I cannot get into KPro I have a call into tech support my company is blocking the email so I can here. I am using a regular cd atleast cdrw - I brought cdr today to see if it works thanks
Old October 15th, 2005, 11:53 AM

It's been a long time since you asked the question, and I'm not an expert, but I do know that not all DVD or CD players will burn CD+g discs. I don't know which software program you have, but if you have MTU's Microstudio, the program will indicate if the burner will support karaoke (CD+g).