MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 10th, 2003, 01:38 PM

Microstudio

I had no problem installing the software that went smoothly. Then I ordered Hoster1208 because I needed a CDROM but after ordering hoster1208 It says it cant be used on wimdows 98 Thats what I have I just need to know what to do next Is it worthless or do I have to order something else
Old February 10th, 2003, 01:57 PM

Debcrew56,
Our software depends on what you are trying to do. All of the software are made for specific pieces of the Karaoke Market, so you will need to make sure that you picked the software that will do what you want to do.

Hoster only runs under XP or 2000, not 98 and it is stated all over the pages when you purchase this or read about it. The refund policy is NO Refunds on Software. You can upgrade your computer to XP or 2000 to use Hoster.

Please tell us what you are trying to do, and what the problems are that you are having. It seems to me that you are not sure what you need or want to do with the software. Please give me specific details and I and other users can help you on this.
Old February 10th, 2003, 03:01 PM

I was ask what I had before I ordered I can not upgrade unless I buy new computer I guess Right. I did not ask to return software either. I guess Im out of luck on this one my loss How is a person to know what they need anyway. Im not the computer expert
Old February 10th, 2003, 05:02 PM

Debcrew56,
You can have your computer upgraded to Windows XP from any local computer shop.

Did you talk to someone here before purchasing the software? We have probably close to about 20-50 clients that are always around in the forums, ready to answer any questions that anyone has.

If you please post what you are wanting to do with the software, I will be glad to try to help you with what you need and how to make the best out of what you have now purchased.
Old February 10th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Administrator

We want to help you

Debbie, we do appreciate your purchase, and are sorry if there has been some confusion. I also apologize that we may have upset you. Please forgive MTUSUPPORT as he is a very nice man who is a bit stressed right now as we move towards final release of KPro 4.008, Vogone 2.200 and Hoster 2.000 (you will get a free upgrade).

Our goal is to help you get operational with our products. We understand that it can be confusing what to buy. We try to make that clear, but sometimes what someone thinks they want clouds their interpretation of what we say on our web site.

Are you mainly a singer that goes to karaoke shows, or do you run shows for your family, friends or even for profit at a club?

If you tell us what you want to do, we will do our very best to help you meet your desires. We don't want you to be confused or mad. We are here to help you.
Old February 11th, 2003, 12:31 AM

Debbie,

You don’t have to buy a new computer to run Windows XP. Depending on your current hardware configuration, upgrading to XP could be as simple as buying to Windows XP upgrade CD.

Windows XP is by far, the most stable operating system, ever released by Microsoft.

You can check whether or not your current machine meets the minimum requirements to upgrade to XP, by visiting the “Microsoft Upgrade Advisor” by clicking the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/h...ng/advisor.asp

Good luck,

Jon
Old February 13th, 2003, 07:13 AM

Windows XP

I did the required test for windows XP and says I can get it for my computer The question I have is If I buy windows XP will I still get the message ERROR" LOAD DISC command Is there anything I could do wrong when I first start to record a CDG? Will it still say no for karaoke when I do a drive check?
Old February 13th, 2003, 07:52 AM

making karaoke cdg

All I Want to do with my software is mainly copy CDG'S
Old February 13th, 2003, 08:15 AM

Think things are going a bit astray here. The only reason XP even came into the picture is because Hoster won't run on 98.
Debbie has said all she wants to do is copy CDG's. All she needs is Microstudio and a cdg capable burner, both of which will work with her present Operating System.

Debbie, I think you would save yourself a lot of grief and expense if you would take the time to read what the products are designed to do before ordering them. Each product has a specific purpose that is clearly presented under that product's description on the main website.

Hoster, for example is meant to be used by Karaoke Disc Jockeys in presenting their public shows. If you plan to do this, fine, but if you don't, then you have no need for Hoster, and subsequently no need to upgrade to XP, unless you simply want to upgrade anyway. You will probably want to do this at some point in the future, but it is not necessary now to meet the needs you expressed in your last post.

"All I Want to do with my software is mainly copy CDG'S"

If, at this stage of the game all you want to do is copy cdg's then your present operating system will do that, and product-wise all you need MTU's Microstudio and a MTU certified burner.

George
Old February 13th, 2003, 08:21 AM

What would an mtu burner consist of or what is it
Old February 13th, 2003, 08:58 AM

Bebbie,
The burner is the drive that does the copying. You may already have one, I don't know. The burners(CDR/CDRW drives) that MTU sells have been bench tested by them and they certify them to work in CDG mode with their Microstudio software.
To read about them:

Go to the main MTU website.

Click on: KARAOKE PRODUCTS

Click on: CDG-CD RECORDERS

Click on: CDG-BURNERS AND NOTES

All the info and pricing structures are there.

If interested, I'd strongly suggest you call MTU at 919-870-0344
and talk to Doug Cox to make sure you get what you need as there are two different styles of burners and I wouldn't want you to order one that's not suitable with your p.c.

Hope this helps,

George

Last edited by George; February 13th, 2003 at 11:29 AM.