MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 9th, 2013, 09:37 AM

remove indexed file

How do I remove indexed file from hoster?
Old April 9th, 2013, 10:02 AM
VIP

Re: remove indexed file

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldaiquiri View Post
How do I remove indexed file from hoster?
Goto to edit songs in Hoster, then delete the file from there.

Old April 9th, 2013, 12:02 PM

You might think I am crazy but I have renamed all of my files in the same format (artist - title). This makes creating a song book a snap. The problem comes when I want to replace a song with a better version. I delete the song from the edit song menu, then I delete the file from my hard dive and replace it with the better version. Since the file has the same name and is in the same location, when I try to import it it shows up as being indexed so I can't see it on the list unless I click on the (show indexed files) tab. If I do this I will have to index all the files again until the one that I want shows up on the list. Is ther a way that I can (un index) a single file?
Old April 9th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

I take it you are referring to KMH types of either an imported zip file or a pair of files mp3+g file types ?

Providing the name is exactly the same as the previous file including any spaces you can just paste the new zip file over the existing.
For this to work do not delete the song in the edit dialog, select the folder containing your old file but don't open it, paste your new version into the folder, you should see a dialog appear saying file already exists if the name is identical, select to replace. If you don't see this warning message then there must be something different in the name and it won't work.

If you are replacing an mp3+g type you will have to paste the two files (mp3 and the cdg) into the existing folder. Do not delete the existing KMH file.

Try it on a single file first to make sure you are doing it right.

This won't work with kma types.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:00 PM

thank you! I will try tonight and let you know if it works.