MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 20th, 2015, 10:57 PM

Visual C++ Running Time Error

Please help!

I thought by upgrading to a new version of Microstudio (I am now using version 4.30), I would overcome this error.

I installed the upgrade software and when I start the application it immediately begins a process which appears to be accessing each KMA in my song database before it abruptly terminates. (vVisual C++ Running Time Error).

See attachment for abend screen details.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Run-time error 1.JPG (152.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Run-time error.JPG (89.7 KB, 2 views)
Old January 21st, 2015, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Visual C++ Running Time Error

I recon you have a faulty file or folder causing this. Try loading single folder at a time until you find the faulty folder.

If you want to know how watch this video:
http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/coVicZevZJ

I made it to show someone else something but if your not sure how to view individual folders it should help you.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old January 21st, 2015, 07:17 AM

Talking Re: Visual C++ Running Time Error

Roy,
You're a gem! Thanks so much for all of the superb support you provide.

Hope you have a fabulous day!
Gwen
Old January 21st, 2015, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Visual C++ Running Time Error

Best check that is the problem first before thanking me

The hard bit will be when you find the bad folder, trying to find the bad file in it.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 08:05 PM

Thumbs up Re: Visual C++ Running Time Error

Roy,
Strange results to report.....When using the recommended procedure of "sub-dividing" my KMA files into separate folders which I scanned individually I was able to successfully scan ALL KMAs.

Since I only use MicroStudio to create CDs of songs I have either downloaded from the Internet or songs where I have added lyrics, this "work around" satisfies my need.

Not sure why executing the scan against the KMAs folder I use to support my Hoster software returns different, unsuccessful scan results.

I was able to search for and find everything I wanted, and verified recently added songs were found--I am good to go.

Thanks again.