MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 14th, 2006, 01:01 PM

Question No special coding

I have a question and need some information. When the software is used to back up CD+G disks does it copy them over as regular CD+G files or is there some special coding going on? I have a Media Player plug-in that's supposed to make it possible to play CD+G files from my hard drive. Problem is the files I've backed up (which say they are CD+G) won't play in Media Player using the plug in. So my question is are these actual CD+G files or something a bit different?

Thanks!

JohnnyV
Old March 14th, 2006, 01:50 PM

when you are playing a cdg file from a cd, you are playing a file of a different extension. I think it is confusing microsoft. Try renaming the file you are trying to play to .bin and see if it will play.
Old March 14th, 2006, 02:32 PM

Talking Good call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduns
when you are playing a cdg file from a cd, you are playing a file of a different extension. I think it is confusing microsoft. Try renaming the file you are trying to play to .bin and see if it will play.
Good call! That took care of it--you also have to make sure your folder view option, "Hide extentions for known file types" is unchecked. Otherwise you're renaming "song.cdg" to "song.bin.cdg". Need to make sure the.cdg goes completely away.

Thanks!

JohnnyV