MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 1st, 2004, 09:11 PM

How do you create a medley of songs

What product do you use to take several karaoke files of disco or dance songs and edit them so it's non-stop music?
Old September 1st, 2004, 09:34 PM

Re: How do you create a medley of songs

The only way to do it for cdg is use a wave editor program to complile the music and then use MTU's KHPRO to create the graphics.. then use Microstudio to burn it.
Beta Test Machine: DELL Inspiron 1721 * Vista Home Premium SP1 * AMD Athlon 64 dual core tk-57 1.90MHz * DVD/CDR Drive * 250GB HDD * 3GB RAM.

Show Work PC: Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.
Old September 1st, 2004, 09:45 PM

djmadmaxx,

What do you use for mp3+g?
Old September 17th, 2004, 01:14 AM

I think, Just as CDG's are made from wave files, so are MP3+G's, or MP3's. So it means a conversion back to wave. Happy hunting on a search engine for MP3 to WAVE. Then fololow the advice given previously.
Old September 17th, 2004, 01:22 PM

media player will convert wma or mp3 to wave when you burn a cd from it. then extract the contents of the cd with microstudio to a wave file.
Old September 17th, 2004, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavia
I think, Just as CDG's are made from wave files, so are MP3+G's, or MP3's. So it means a conversion back to wave.
I have the CD+G to get the wave file. I know that I can edit a wave file and I have the tools to do so. However, you also have to edit the "graphics" portion along with the audio so the lyrics remains in-sync with the audio. What software will do this job?
Old September 17th, 2004, 04:03 PM

You import the wave and the Lyrics into KHP. look at the menu bar. If you don't have the Lyrics at hand you might find them on the internet, on the list that came with the cd, or try to write them down as you here it from the wave. All the directions are in the manual.
Old September 18th, 2004, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavia
If you don't have the Lyrics at hand you might find them on the internet,
I have a CD+G karaoke CD. The music and lyrics are already on it. Why would I want to find them on the internet when I already have the lyrics. Have you ever edited out audio and graphics on a CD+G? Anybody out there actually done this before please speak up.
Old September 18th, 2004, 11:57 AM

Steve, the audio tracks would have to be imported to the hard drive and then joined together to suite you using an audio editing program.

Now regarding the lyrics, what JDAVIA is referring to, instead of going through the time consuming process of writing, pausing, writing, pausing until you copy the lyrics of the cdg, then typing them into the computer, it would be quicker to download them off the internet into notepad, wordpad, etc.

You would then import the audio track and the lyrics into Karaoke Home producer and make your new, cdg.

Hope this clears up some mud.

George
Old September 18th, 2004, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George
You would then import the audio track and the lyrics into Karaoke Home producer and make your new, cdg.
How are you doing George. Ok, it's not worth it to me to reconstruct the whole process using Karaoke Home Producer. I was hoping to hear of a karaoke editor product that can retrieve both the audio and lyrics and put them on a time line "synchronized", then I would cut off both audio and lyrics from the front and back and store it as CD+G file. I guess I'm dreaming up a product that doesn't exist.
Old September 18th, 2004, 10:44 PM

Yeah!! Don't we all wish it could be that easy, including MTU.
But one day if the upgrades keep coming from MTU that may be possible.
Old September 18th, 2004, 10:46 PM

Hi Steve,

Doing well and thanks for asking. Hope you and yours came through the storms in good shape.

Steve, I'm not saying that what you are proposing can't be done, just that I have never seen any software that would allow trimming and merging of cdg files, which leaves going the KHP route as the only method I can think of.

I'd think if any of our readers had knowledge to the contrary they would have jumped in by now, at least I hope so..

Anyway, take care of yourself.

George

Last edited by George; September 18th, 2004 at 10:56 PM.
Old September 19th, 2004, 07:37 AM

Hello All,
I take it we are all talking about editing commercially available CDG's.
I have searched for a program/software to edit CDG files, either to add new lyrics, put in an introductory verse or chop some long winded musical interlude or ending, or make a medley.
It doesn't appear to exist.
KHPro seems to be the only way to create your own CDG but it is long winded.
Try www.audiotoolsdirect.com they list a lot of programmes, including MTU, for converting between formats, most are shareware, some are freeware, most have a trial period to try out the programmes, some obviously limit functionability (Is there such a word?)
Regards from across the pond.
Garry
Old September 19th, 2004, 02:25 PM

Thanks jdavia, George and Garry for the help and info.

George, we were very fortunate here in Clearwater with all the hurricanes. The first one turned right just in time to miss us, the second went north of us crossing the state and the last one was projected to hit us early on but ended up in the Panhandle. Thanks for the good words.

I just don't have the time to create CDG's but I will check out the tools that Garry linked to. Another approach is for the player to allow us to set bookmarks in a song so it can skip in and out to achieve the same thing.

Steve
Old September 20th, 2004, 08:04 PM

Pro Tools, Cubase, Cakewalk and other programs of the like will allow you to edit wave files, stretch time, beat match, loop files, etc. to create song medleys to import into KPro. Goldwave will do it too, but it takes a bit more tinkering.
Old September 20th, 2004, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Parks
Pro Tools, Cubase, Cakewalk and other programs of the like will allow you to edit wave files, stretch time, beat match, loop files, etc. to create song medleys to import into KPro. Goldwave will do it too, but it takes a bit more tinkering.
I have ProTools, Sonar 3 Producer and a VS-2480 all can be used to edit audio wave files. But I need a way to get the lyrics data on a timeline with the audio.

Do you know if Karaoke Pro can read in a song from CDG? This seems to be the closest one for the job but does it only create from scatch?

Steve
Old September 23rd, 2004, 07:55 PM

It won't do what your asking. You still have to import the lyrics separately to your song and sync them to the music.
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:06 AM

Here is a possible way. I haven't tried this but it should work. Now the kicker would be that you would have the full songs back to back and you couldn't "chop" anything out of them. Let's use the example of "merging" song1 and song2. What you would need to do is export both songs off the CDGs into BIN format. Then you would need to use the "MP3+G toolz" conversion tool that splits the BINs into MP3+G. You would then have 4 new files. song1.mp3 song1.cdg song2.mp3 song2.cdg.
At this point you would need to use the old dos copy command to merge the mp3s together and then merge the cdgs together. I think the syntax (at a command prompt and changed to the proper folder) is:
copy song1.mp3 + song2.mp3 song3.mp3 /b
copy song1.cdg + song2.cdg song3.cdg /b
This should create two new files. A song3.mp3 and a song3.cdg You can use the "MP3+G toolz" conversion tool to convert the the mp3+cdg back to BIN.

PS MTU's CDG files are the same as bin files. "MP3+G toolz" is a program used to convert bins to mp3+g and mp3+gs to bin. It is freeware.. Also, you can merge more than 2 files by using additional +'s on the copy line...

Good luck.. And hey, let me know if you try it and it works. ha!
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:35 AM

Ok, I had a mental air bubble or something.. I just realized you wouldn't have to convert to mp3+g IF this would work. You could merge the bins. Ex:
copy song1.bin + song2.bin song3.bin /b

That should merge the two bins into a new song3.bin.. You could keep the CDG extension as well if that is what you use..
copy song1.cdg + song2.cdg song3.cdg /b
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:46 AM

Wouldn't you have all the manufacturer's advertising, title pages, credit pages, etc popping up between each track ?