MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 18th, 2010, 10:04 AM

KHPro v 4.11

I seem to have a small problem when I go to adjust lyrics screen. I click on "Audition Play (SB) which should play the entire song but it does not. I only plays the underscored lyrics and stops. That is what the "Adjust Play (N) button is supposed to do. That button works fine, it plays the underscored lyrics and repeats. My understanding is that the Audition Play button plays the entire song with "no" underscoring involved.

Im I doing something wrong here?

I am using a HP Pavilian dv7 with Windows 7. I have plenty of memory both ram and HD.
Old January 18th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

You are trying to do this from the Adjust Lyrics Screen and you need to change to the Play Screen to get the full song. Even in that screen you can go back from there and adjust or edit the lyrics if needed.
Old January 20th, 2010, 02:19 PM

The AUDITION PLAY(SB) SCREEN should play the entire song.

That's what it's for....to enable you to spot any glitches as you play the entire song. Otherwise it would serve no purpose.

You shouldn't have to go back and forth between the play and adjust screens to do that.

I believe I'd try a full uninstall, and reinstall the program. Something may have glitched in the install.

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; January 20th, 2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old January 21st, 2010, 12:23 PM

Well, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no help. I even tried downloading a new install file with the same results. It still just plays the underlined portion and stops. It does not continue to play the whole song. If I hit play screen tab it works fine. Only when I use the adjust screen lyrics tab do the problem exist. Need some help please.
Old January 21st, 2010, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

This is the way it is supposed to be. If you want play through the whole song then go to the play screen tab.
Old January 21st, 2010, 01:01 PM

OK Doug, but just tell me what the SB tab is for. I know in the past I was able to make adjustments and hit the SB tab to see how these adjustments worked but now the SB tab does exactly what the N tab does. Why two tabs????
Old January 21st, 2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
This is the way it is supposed to be. If you want play through the whole song then go to the play screen tab.
Sure is strange mine works like it should. I don't have to run back and forth to the play screen to check out the results of my sweeping, and I've done several hundred songs with it. Currently using version 4103.

Old January 21st, 2010, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by is14fun View Post
OK Doug, but just tell me what the SB tab is for. I know in the past I was able to make adjustments and hit the SB tab to see how these adjustments worked but now the SB tab does exactly what the N tab does. Why two tabs????
THe Audition Play (SB) will play through the entire song if no word has been selected. If a word has been selected then it will play from that point on.
The Stop (N) does exactly that and stops at the end of the highlighted word.
Have you read the manual on this section? It could help you understand.
Old January 21st, 2010, 01:58 PM

OK, I'm not be snotty but my program is not working right, that's why I am posting. When I open a project and go to the adjust lyrics screen either the first line of song is underlined or if I click on another line that line or work is underscored. However, there is always some portion of the song that is underlined. I can't clear that away so when I hit the SB button, it plays the underlined portion and stops. So I guess the problem is how do I clear out the underline. I tried clicking on a blank part of window and that cleared out the underline but then the SB button would not work.
Old January 21st, 2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
THe Audition Play (SB) will play through the entire song if no word has been selected. If a word has been selected then it will play from that point on.
The Stop (N) does exactly that and stops at the end of the highlighted word.
Right, and anytime you want to go back and start from beginning again, simply underline the first word, and start playing, or restart playing from any point in the song, for that matter.

All that aside, other than corrupted download or installation, I wish I had anything else to offer.

Doug, is it possible something may have messed up a DirectX file and caused this kinda glitch?

Last edited by George; January 21st, 2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old February 15th, 2010, 10:00 PM

Has this issue been solved? It sounds like 1 of the 2 problems I am encountering. Ver 4.103 KHPro did not have this problem of stopping at the end of the screen but continued playing through to the next screen (and the next, etc), just like George said.

I updated my DirectX to 9.0c but it made no difference. Do I need to reboot after installing DirectX?
Old February 16th, 2010, 10:51 AM

I still have the same problem and as far as I know, no resolution has been offered.
Old February 16th, 2010, 11:19 AM

I've flagged this thread to ADMIN for you guys. Sorry I couldn't be of help, but it's a new problem to me.

Old February 16th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

I don't have the answer either. I would suggest you each submit a Support Email Ticket from the main web page/support section. This way they have a written record of it.
Old February 28th, 2010, 08:27 PM

Re: KHPro v 4.11

The same thing is suddenly happening to me.
The one button would play the song all the way through to look for errors, while the other just did a phrase. Now they both do just a phrase. Rather irritating actually.

Mine worked fine on my old computer (XP) then I got a new computer and reinstalled on Windows 7 and this has happened. (hoster working fine)

(also when I try to change the color of text on the title screen the entire program encounters an error and shuts down).

Not sure if its something with windows 7 or not.
Old February 28th, 2010, 08:49 PM

Update, I uninstalled 4.11 reinstalled prior version and everything works peachy so far. No freezing, SB button working as should.
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:49 AM

In the adjust lyrics screen there is a button that says "Define Area to Play". Click on that and make sure set the 'play before' and the 'play after' numbers. If you set the 'play after' button low (like 2), it will stop playing after 2 words. I have mine set for 999 so that it will play the whole song.
Old March 15th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Administrator

We are doing an upgrade to 4.11 to be 4.20.

The SB not playing all the way through a song as it should is be is being addressed. We'll compare v4.103 to 4.11 to help track the problem down.
Old March 15th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
In the adjust lyrics screen there is a button that says "Define Area to Play". Click on that and make sure set the 'play before' and the 'play after' numbers. If you set the 'play after' button low (like 2), it will stop playing after 2 words. I have mine set for 999 so that it will play the whole song.
Read section "Steps to Adjust Highlighting" to see how Audition play should work.
Old March 15th, 2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
We are doing an upgrade to 4.11 to be 4.20.
I'd sure like to Beta that...Got my footprints all over KHP.