MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 26th, 2006, 11:05 AM

Problems with 3.001 - FIX: Upgraded drive firmware

I'm having a problem with 3.001. I'm running Windows XP with a plextor px-w4824 tu. When trying to duplicate a disk I get a System error and windows wants to close Microstudio. I've tried a reboot and it doesn't seem to help. I have backed up other disks with 3.001 before but it seems to have quit working. I haven't changed any software HELP! I never had a problem with earlier versions of the software (2.XX).
Old November 26th, 2006, 01:36 PM

I would first try re installing it first and see if that helps you any.

Shuttle X ComputersWindows XP Pro. SP3 AMD 1.8 gig Processor1 gig Memory
Video NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 32 meg

Dell Laptop 1525
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1
4 Gig Mem. Vista Basic
Old November 26th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck bruck View Post
I'm having a problem with 3.001. I'm running Windows XP with a plextor px-w4824 tu. When trying to duplicate a disk I get a System error and windows wants to close Microstudio. I've tried a reboot and it doesn't seem to help. I have backed up other disks with 3.001 before but it seems to have quit working. I haven't changed any software HELP! I never had a problem with earlier versions of the software (2.XX).
So, what you are saying is you are actually only having trouble with one disc or now you can't duplicate any disc?
Old November 27th, 2006, 12:56 PM

Help with 3.001

No I have since discovered that the only drive that is giving me problems is the plextor drive. I am able to copy on my other r/w drive with no problems. I have copied some disks on the Plextor drive. (In fact for a while that was the only drive that was reliable.) now the other drive I have seems to work ok but every time I try to use the Plextor drive the program aborts with a Microstudio needs to close error. BTW I reloaded the program from my origional download and there was no change. The Plextor drive is a PX-W4824TU with 1.05 in the rom. (Just upgraded, I couldn't get the drive to work at all on the old rom version.)

Hope this helps
Chuck
Old November 27th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Where did you find the Firmware for that drive as I can't find anything about it on Plextor's web site? Unless it is the 48/24/48U which I have a feeling this is the right one and it's latest Firmware is version 1.07 not 1.05

Also, you didn't say whether your computer is up-to-date with the Microsoft updates.
Old November 27th, 2006, 05:27 PM

Plextor drive.

I'll have to look again. I thought the latest update for the drive was 1.05 but now I'm not so sure (if you saw a 1.07)! I'll double check. And the answer is yes I have the latest updates to XP...
Thanks for your help
Chuck
Old November 27th, 2006, 05:48 PM

Plextor drive.

Just upgraded the firmware in the plextor drive and it seems to be working! I HOPE that was the problem. Thanks to all who offered suggestions.
Chuck Bruck