MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old July 11th, 2008, 12:16 PM

Optiarc external DVD burner MTU certified

Could someone please tell me why my MTU burner can not read my EK Pro Burn karaoke disks but it will play in the same drive through Windows Media Player (without the words obviously)?
Also, I tried to duplicate 2 new karaoke cd's I bought and it seemed fine until I got to the end few tracks, then the karaoke cd player just couldn't read them. Or it would start playing the music with no words on say track 12 but 1-11 are fine? When I play it on the PC it breaks up as well, but it's fine with the original cd in a standard karaoke cd player? Does this sound like a burner issue? Help!
Sharon
Old July 11th, 2008, 12:48 PM

What operating system are you using, XP or Vista?

What program are you using, Hoster or Microstudio or both?

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:10 PM

Optiarc external DVD burner MTU certified

l'm using Windows XP Professional and I have Microstudio v4.006 and Hoster Lite v3.321 but it cannot read the disk on either.
Old July 11th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

EK Pro Burn discs are custom made discs and are not in standard CDG format but in a protected format that will not let you transfer them to another media. Therefore Hoster and Microstudio can not read them correctly. Windows Media Player is ignoring the graphics part of it and playing only the audio.
Did you duplicate those two CDs with Microstudio and what type brand of disc did you use?
Old July 13th, 2008, 03:35 PM

I'm using Verbatim cd's but I have just tried burning the same disc with my MTU media and it's still not playing properly. The Karaoke CD I'm trying to burn is MRH45, which is from the Mr Entertainer Karaoke collection, if that's any help.

On the note of EK Pro burn not copying......I have copied it before with an older version of Microstudio. This I know because I have the copied cd's. The only reason I am trying to copy again is because one of the CD's is scratched. Any ideas how it was burnt before but won't now? MAybe MTU may have an answer!