MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 18th, 2003, 12:52 PM

Question Vogone Generates App Error

I get an intermittent error during the write process in Vogone. I click the write button after adjusting my settings and I get a, "Vogone has generated an Application error” dialog box then the program closes. This happens maybe one out of seven times. Sometimes it happens on the same song a few times in a row Before a successful write) and not at all on other songs.

I am running this on a P 4 2.2 G laptop with 256 MB of ram. The Op is NT 2000 SP4.

It's quite frustrating to take the time to do your settings only to have the application close on you before a write. I have had to start writing down the settings before I attempt a write so I can save some time just in case I get this error.

Any ideas?
Old November 18th, 2003, 01:12 PM

First thing that pops into my head is since Vogone requirements are 256 mg RAM you may be on the edge memory wise if there are too many other programs running in the background.

Try shutting down as many unnecessary programs as you can and see if makes any difference.

Hope this gets it. If not, I don't have a clue.

George
Old November 18th, 2003, 01:31 PM

Thanks George

I have completely restarted the machine and only loaded VoGone after the restart and still had the problem. This drive is dedicated strictly to MTU products and audio production and no other programs are even installed. It was a fresh load of the operating system just prior to installing Vogone and MicroStudio.

That's not to say it isn't some sort of memory problem, though, since it seems to happen on some files and never on others. I just tried to write "Babe" 10 times and it didn't happen. It happened the first 3 times I tried "Sweet Home Alabama" Then I got a write....

Thanks again for the quick response..

Duayne
Old November 18th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Frequent Member

does your video card share memory with ram or have it's own memory? Quite often this takes memory from ram and you have less ram to work with than you think.
after goingto start-
1. goto control panel
2.click on system

it should come up with info that includes what processer you are using , what version of windows and how much available ram you have. If the ram number is less than 256 then there is your problem- you don't have enough ram.
Old November 18th, 2003, 02:39 PM

Thanks, Danny, I forgot about that.

Was also going to suggest going to START, then RUN, then type in MSCONFIG, click OK, then click the START UP tab, and you'll see everything that's running in the background. Might surprise you also.

Uncheck everything that you do not need open at all times except System tray. Leave it checked.

Reboot and see if the problem persists.

George
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:28 PM

Danny and George,
I have 261,560K listed in the system stats. This is NT 2000 Sp4 so you need to run task manager to see what is running and taking up memory. I have 175,008 KB physical memory available out of the 256 M physical memory in the machine which is exceptional for any machine running with 256M I haven't loaded any programs on this machine so the only things in the system tray are Speaker control, disconnected network indicator (since it isn't connected at the moment) and a USB device disconnect icon.
I have a limit of 631,524 KB virtual memory with a peak of 85,032 KB (well under the limit)

Oh, these are numbers after VoGone is loaded....

Thanks Guys!