MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old January 23rd, 2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindonstrike View Post
Does the SRM 450 sound good with out subs?

The L1 with a B1 (bass module - 2 6" woofers - they are not subs) will give you about the same frequency range as the SRM 450, so if I wanted bass below about 40 Hz I would want to add a third party subwoofer. The power stand has connections and crossovers for this.

The L1 by its lonesome prduces frequencies of 110 Hz to 18000 Hz. When the B1 is connected the L1's bottom end changes to 180 Hz so the B1 can take over the 180-40 HZ range.

These have little in common with the panaray so no special controllers are needed

Sam

yup,my srm450 sounds good w/o a sub, i did a private party last x-mas and it was held in a civic center,seats about 200-300 or more,and my speakers are mounted on a stand 15ft apart up on the stage, , and my friends came by and they thought i was using my 2 subs , and they told me that they can hear the low end of the 450's thumping out of the parking lot .so i believe my srm 450's sounded good w/o a sub..it might get even better w/ a sub,but i dont need one since i dont do outdoor gigs anymore ( i think subs are good for outdoor gigs, or big clubs,but for karaoke in a small /medium size bar i dont think you need one . just an opinion)

Last edited by billyo; January 23rd, 2009 at 11:42 PM.