MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old October 23rd, 2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitd9922 View Post
Mackie has had manufacturing problems in China. No new products until this situation is fixed. They are supposed to be up and available this month according to all the retailers I have spoke to.

On a side note, the Peavey 10 USB is a nice board with the best effects I have heard from a relatively inexpensive unpowered mixer. About 250.00 US$.

Yamaha Board is cheaper than that, $199..i've had peaveys before , board and cabinets ( way back )i thought it was the best in the world, till i heard Mackie..sorry i'm kinda partial to Mackies,that's all i used now..and just my opinion...i know everything is being made in China now, ( cheap labor ) but it's still engineered in the US..
Old October 23rd, 2009, 06:21 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitd9922 View Post
They are supposed to be up and available this month according to all the retailers I have spoke to.
Do you mean mackie mfg. in general or the board itself is supposed to be up?

Last edited by ddouglass; October 24th, 2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old October 26th, 2009, 04:43 AM

Mixer

If I were using a computer, i wouldn't consider a board that did not have usb connections from pc to mixer to eliminate the shaky wired connection most are still using.
just an opinion
muzicman144
Old October 26th, 2009, 04:53 PM

Posted my thread then found this, Been after this Mackie mixer for ages, sold my dfx because of the lack of headphone socket for prefade listening to balance the final mix, the CFX was ok but dont need so many inputs. The first Profx had a interferance problem with the usb and no cure from Mackie for the first ones made, the factory in china went bust so they now say, Jan 2010 but more like May i've heard. It seams to be always the case with Mackie anounce something good then make you wait for it, or you end up buying something else in the meantime. aaaahhhh