MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Closed Thread

Old September 25th, 2010, 12:56 PM

Song Book Program Options

I am in need of a new song book program. I have been using Music Book Deluxe and was relatively happy with it but I have never tried anything else and am now having lots of trouble loading MBD onto my Window 7 platform. What program/s are you using for your books? Any input is welcomed. Thanx
Old September 25th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Song Book Program Options

The full Hoster program has it's own songbook built in.
Old September 25th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

As Roy said Hoster has a built-in Songbook creator with an extensive listing of disks of karaoke songs. That is list is being updated monthly by our (users) inputs. Please do not discuss related programs in here that are not MTU programs per their policy for the forums. You can discuss equipment or other programs not related to Karaoke only.
Old September 25th, 2010, 02:22 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by singingfool04 View Post
I am in need of a new song book program. I have been using Music Book Deluxe and was relatively happy with it but I have never tried anything else and am now having lots of trouble loading MBD onto my Window 7 platform. What program/s are you using for your books? Any input is welcomed. Thanx
I highly recommend Hoster's Songbook Program. Not counting the fact that you only have to enter Songs/Disks one time, every change & edit you make are all saved so the Songbook will show ALL your changes. Add to that the numerous "Options" & "Hide in Songbook" feature, it saves TONS of extra work. I have done it both ways for many years, and this is definitely the quickest way to get a quality Songbook with exactly what You want your Customers to see. This feature alone was the main reason I chose Hoster when I first decided to go computerized 4 years ago.
Old September 25th, 2010, 08:39 PM
VIP

I like Hosters book maker, however I still prefer MS Access as Hoster will not list my laserdiscs until I figure out a way to make them work on the computer. I have more control over the over look and feel in Access. Downside is I have to hand type each song - but in that same process it does help me to get to know my library as I tend to remember seeing certain songs when I type them so when people ask, I can tell them quickly.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old September 30th, 2010, 12:25 AM

A big Thank You to all for what input you were allowed to give. Sorry for violating the code. Now I know better.
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:40 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
I like Hosters book maker, however I still prefer MS Access as Hoster will not list my laserdiscs until I figure out a way to make them work on the computer. I have more control over the over look and feel in Access. Downside is I have to hand type each song - but in that same process it does help me to get to know my library as I tend to remember seeing certain songs when I type them so when people ask, I can tell them quickly.
Once your laserdisks are converted to mpeg's so they can be imported into Hoster - they are all listed in Hoster's database. I purchased a set that was already converted a couple years ago and that's the first thing I did when 4.0 came out, was to import all my Videos so they would show in the Songbook together with all my kma's. Prior to that I used a separate program also & had a separate book showing only my Videos.
Closed Thread