MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 30th, 2010, 02:40 PM

Exclamation Unable to reduce vocals

Hello, Is there anyone out there that wants to try to reduce vocals on a song I am trying to make into Karaoke? I have tried and tried and all I can get when I try to reduce it is really bad music. If so, the song can be found on Youtube. The name of the song is Lady by Wayne Wade. It is a reggae version of the Lionel Richie and Kenny Rogers versions, Thanks Alan
Old March 30th, 2010, 05:06 PM
VIP

Re: Unable to reduce vocals

I had a brief listen to the version I assume you are referring to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia_iWfAGRWI
It has an incredible amount of reverb and effects on it and this in itself may account for your unsatisfactory results.
I assume you have used some software program to firstly capture the video and audio (or possibly just the audio) to your PC prior to attempting to process it??
Can you elaborate............

Test Computer 1. Medion PC Win 10 Home
Name: MedionWin8-PC
Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 Ghz
8Gb Ram 64bit OS
2. MEDION P7612 Windows 10 Home
Name Mike_P7612_17in
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM)4.00 GB
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/michael.pyne1
Old March 30th, 2010, 11:52 PM

Thanks. I am using a program called Total Recorder to capture the audio only. I have been using this program for years now. My wife and I use this program to record music from many Karaoke songs and extend the music and add our own lyrics to these songs. I have never had any luck with Vogone ever since I bought vers 2.104 so I never upgraded. I have downloaded demos but still have no luck. Very dissapointing as I use many MTU programs and am very satisfied and have told mnay others about this site. Thanks Alan P.S. I am not sure ot the web address, I just know it to be Lady by Wayne Wade. ( Reggae version)
Old March 30th, 2010, 11:54 PM

I just checked and the URL is correct Thanks Alan
Old March 31st, 2010, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb6bna View Post
Thanks. I am using a program called Total Recorder to capture the audio only. I have been using this program for years now. My wife and I use this program to record music from many Karaoke songs and extend the music and add our own lyrics to these songs. I have never had any luck with Vogone ever since I bought vers 2.104 so I never upgraded. I have downloaded demos but still have no luck. Very dissapointing as I use many MTU programs and am very satisfied and have told mnay others about this site. Thanks Alan P.S. I am not sure ot the web address, I just know it to be Lady by Wayne Wade. ( Reggae version)
I first have to say that unless you work with a Vogone version for a bit there is no way to tell for sure just how much it can do. The last couple versions have been far superior to the previous versions. You have the capability of controling the frequency you want for bo th high and lows and how much to remove or keep. You can remove vocals that are off center panned.
With that said as MikeP said if there is a lot of reverb and echo in a song, you are not going to get rid of all the vocal with any program including Vogone. Since you are trying to work from a video on Utube then the quality of the audio is already very poor, compressed as far as you can get it and it isn't likely you will ever get all the vocal out.
Old March 31st, 2010, 02:44 AM
VIP

Alan - there's not much more I can add that hasn't already been said by myself and Dale. You might be interested to know that I tried removing the vocals from the You Tube song Lady. The result was that due to the enormous amount of reverb and audio effects that have been used on this recording, it was impossible to remove the lead vocal from the remaining audio. Vogone never claimed to be able to do the impossible!

My interest in karaoke is directly related to this program - which didn't exist when I started trying to remove the lead vocal or instrumental part from recordings using a $2000 hardware device called the Thompson Vocal Eliminator (I think you can still buy one if you like - in fact I have one I'll sell to you!). It was possible to eliminate the lead vocal on about 25% of the material I tried - but the quality of the audio track that I was left with was greatly inferior to what can be achieved with Vogone.

I can assure you that I have tried every hardware and and software program I could find before I came to the conclusion that there is NO other program that does as good a job as Vogone with such ease of use. If you want to buy a professional audio editing prog like WaveLab, Soundforge etc and cut and paste and fiddle about for hours/days/weeks/months to get one clean track, you might be able to get a better result - but I wouldn't put money on it! And the time & effort involved is incomparable to the ease and excellent results that can be achieved with Vogone.

Audio engineers will tell you that it is impossible to do what Vogone does!
It's close to black magic!!

BTW I have been able to remove the lead vocal from songs downloaded off You Tube - just depends on the source recording as to whether you will be successful.

In summary, Vogone can achieve fantastic results - but only on suitable recordings. There is lots more info on this subject in the Manual and on the web generally.

8Gb Ram 64bit OS
Name Mike_P7612_17in
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM)4.00 GB

Last edited by MikeP; March 31st, 2010 at 03:03 AM.
Old March 31st, 2010, 08:08 AM
VIP

Plain ans simple...Some songs just CAN"T be done!!

Old March 31st, 2010, 03:38 PM

Thanks to all of you. I wasn't sure if it was actually possible to do this particular song. I am going to contact Wayne Wade and see if I can get original music from him as this is such a neat song I would like to do for Karaoke. I also have used MTU software since I believe 2002 and have been very satisfied with the quality and ease of operation. My wife is still using KHpro 3.2 and Keyrite 1.300 as I can't get her to upgrade. She is one who is afraid of something new. She constantly uses KHPro 3.2 for almost every song she does. She actually missed her calling as a songwriter!! Once again thanks for the assistance and good responses. Alan
Old April 6th, 2010, 12:33 PM
VIP

For anyone who wants to read up further on the subject of vocal eliminators, I just stumbled on this article:
http://www.ethanwiner.com/novocals.html

8Gb Ram 64bit OS
Name Mike_P7612_17in
(RAM)4.00 GB