MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 7th, 2016, 04:54 AM

Songbookdb Kiosk option

I am starting this thread to gain some insight as well as to help others who might start using the kiosk option given with songbookbd. I currently am using two android tablets with locking stands at my venues. If you use the kiosk function then you know that it only works on a web brower that has internet access. I currently use a browser that automatically goes full screen when loaded, as I have had issues with others. So far I have had no problems but am curious if there is an app or a way to lock out any other function or to keep the browser from getting minimized. I don't have an issue with people doing it on purpose but on accident and its kind of a pain. Does anyone use this option and do you have any suggestions? Perhaps there is a better app? I only need to tablets to function as a kiosk and do not need them for anything else. Also if you have any tips or other suggestions feel free to leave them here. Thanks!
Old March 7th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Songbookdb Kiosk option

Chad, I use a single Sampson tab Android 8" fixed on a stand for my kiosk. I use an app named "Kiosk Browser Lockdown ProCo IT" I got the pro paid version, It took a bit of trial and error finding the best settings for it but it locks the browsing into SongbookDB at full screen.
You need to be a bit careful with the settings as after trying one setting it locked it in permanently and I couldn't even get out of it myself, ended up having to do a complete restore on tablet.
I actually made a locking case to fit it in which also hides all the buttons on it to further restrict access.

I did make a short video demo which can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_qsmoTcGoY
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; March 7th, 2016 at 11:41 AM.
Old March 7th, 2016, 05:12 PM

Re: Songbookdb Kiosk option

Good options there too! I found two helpful apps that I started using. The first is called full screen browser (has a W icon) and it allows for auto zoom and takes away all access so no one can mess with the browser. The other is called MobiLock and it locks out the menu buttons of the tablet itself so users can access anything that isn't previously selected by you. Both are pretty great and worth checking out.

Tags
kiosk, songbookdb