MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old December 5th, 2004, 05:51 PM

ATI Raedon

Are all the ATI Raedon cards that have a tv out dual view. I am type in dual view video cards and ATI Raedon cards come up but I am not sure they are dual view. If some one can help with what video card I Should purchase.
Old December 18th, 2004, 07:46 AM

Re: ATI Raedon

MTU seems to recomend The ATI Radeon 9200, because it's price is good and it will do the job well. They say to make sure it is built by ATI and not just an ATI on board vid card to make sure it will work. Some of the ATI on board Vid Cards may work but it will be a hit and miss thing. I got a 9200 and it works fine, I did have a problem with the first one I bought , it was a factory refurbished and it went bad within 2 weeks. They will replace it, but I had to go out and buy a new one so as not to be down , can always use an extra just in case. There is a 9200se but it has less video mem and I'm not sure it will work the way it should.

So I guess I would recomend buying a ATI Radeon 9200 Retail box. (the retail box comes with all the drivers needed and set up instructions) It will set you back around $100.00 give or take $10.00 one way or the other.
Shane
Old December 18th, 2004, 08:19 AM

Don't buy anything that says "POWERED BY ATI" either. They use some ATI patented components but are made by other manufacturers, usually less expensive, and have been known to be troublesome. Some work, some don't.

As BOWFISHN said make sure it is BUILT BY ATI.

George
Old December 18th, 2004, 10:55 AM

Wal Mart sells the BUILT BY ata 9200 for less thanm $100.00. it has both RCA and s-video outs for your tv
Beta Test Machine: DELL Inspiron 1721 * Vista Home Premium SP1 * AMD Athlon 64 dual core tk-57 1.90MHz * DVD/CDR Drive * 250GB HDD * 3GB RAM.

Show Work PC: Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.
Old January 28th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Frequent Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastenfrog
Are all the ATI Raedon cards that have a tv out dual view. I am type in dual view video cards and ATI Raedon cards come up but I am not sure they are dual view. If some one can help with what video card I Should purchase.
Watch out for the raedon ve pci cards they show up with only clone view.