MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old October 16th, 2003, 11:42 AM

total washout!

I've been trying to use version 2.400 and it just won't work!
I'm using the HP 9100 burner. Duplicate will work on regular CDs but for a CDG it won't import. It'll list the tracks and let me name them but when I try to burn I get "unable to read Audio sector 0-25 on device 1:1:0 Illegal command request. (04h 00h 02h 05h 24h 00h) It will NOT play a CDG as it will lock up. Only once did I get it to list the tracks before locking up. The Custom Tab doesn't let me do anything in it either. It will read the HP 9100 as a karaoke burner. I have another CD burner but it reads it as NO under the karaoke, which is true. A friend of mine has the same program and his works alright. HELP!!!!
Old October 16th, 2003, 12:48 PM

Jlmer,
When you get this error message it means that your drive is not supporting the Karaoke Format. This is why it gives back the error "Illegal Command Request". Here is a list of drives that we know will show this error, and show YES for Karaoke. Your drive normally would work, but it seems you have one that will not work for Karaoke.

Click here to go the Post about drives that Show Yes for Karaoke, but really give this error message.
Old October 16th, 2003, 05:53 PM

your drive is not supporting the Karaoke Format. This is why it gives back the error "Illegal Command Request".

The friend who has the Microstudio has the exact same drive that I have. That's why I bought my HP. His works great! I have two drives and the one that doesn't handle graphics shows No under karaoke. The HP that does handle graphics shows Yes.
Old October 16th, 2003, 06:33 PM

That's precisely why MTU has to bench test all the drives they sell. Just because one brand and model will work with cdg is no guarantee another of the same brand and model will work.

George
Old October 17th, 2003, 11:11 AM

> The friend who has the Microstudio has the exact same drive >that I have.

>That's precisely why MTU has to bench test all the drives they sell

Well, by the time a person buys the software and then their (MTUs) drive it's too close to $200 and according to Cnet it's (the software) at a 20% failure rate so......hopefully, they'll (or someone) come out with something more universal. I really liked the featured screens if they'd only work.
I can't understand how the software will read the drive well enough to list the tracks but fail from there on. I'm not a software or computer whiz by any means so there's a lot I don't understand...
Old October 17th, 2003, 01:26 PM

Confused

Are you saying that CNET claims that Microstudio has a 20% failure rate ? That's the impression you give. Please elaborate.

George
Old October 17th, 2003, 02:13 PM

Lightbulb Suggestion

I think what MTU should say is that there is only one brand that will support CDG to run Microstudio.

This way who ever buy's Microstudio and claim it's not working properly is doing it at it's own risk!

How can MTU be responsible for all the bad burners on the market? Major companies claim it will read cdg when in reality it doesn't.
If Plextor is the only serious company that has the capability well good for them. We also ALL have the option to buy Plextor where ever we wish but of course it's safer thru MTU because they test each one they ship.

With the good tools it's always easier!
Old October 18th, 2003, 02:23 PM

>Are you saying that CNET claims that Microstudio has a 20% >failure rate ? That's the impression you give. Please elaborate.

Yes! That's what it shows on Cnet...the people who've ordered it or has tried the download trial version, 20% say that they're having problems with the software in one capacity or another.
I went to the list of drives that the Microstudio doesn't support and the HP 9500 was on it but the HP 9100 that I have wasn't listed. What I can't understand is how it can read the tracks on the drive to import but then won't import or play. It locks the software up when I try to play. I'd really like to get this to work. It looks like a great program. I'm going to try CDRWIN and see if it'll work but think I'd like Microstudio better.
ANY help will most definately be appreciated.
Old October 18th, 2003, 02:32 PM

Re: Suggestion

>I think what MTU should say is that there is only one brand that >will support CDG to run Microstudio.

This would be a great suggestion. A friend of mine has the HP 9100 burner and has absolutely NO trouble burning the graphics with it. I bought the same burner and the software will import the tracks but not burn and when I try to play the software locks up. If I'd have known the software was so fragile I'd have waited and bought the ROM from MTU but now I'm stuck.
Old October 18th, 2003, 03:20 PM

it's not the software..it's your hardware. Plextor is the only brand that is consistant. I have bought 10 plextor drives at different time and every one of them works 100%. That's why MTU only sells and reccomends plextor drives. The software or MTU is not at fault.
Beta Test Machine: DELL Inspiron 1721 * Vista Home Premium SP1 * AMD Athlon 64 dual core tk-57 1.90MHz * DVD/CDR Drive * 250GB HDD * 3GB RAM.

Show Work PC: Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.
Old October 18th, 2003, 07:36 PM

jlmer,

CNET does NOT say that Microstudio has a 20% failure rate. That just is not so. What it is saying is that 20% of those that voted gave it a thumbs down for whatever the reason.

It doesn't take many to represent 20% out of a total of fifty ballots..That's no sampling.

Bear in mind there are competitors out there who'd kill to have a product as good as Microstudio, and that vote includes some of them. There's no restrictions on who votes, nor do you actually have to download the product to vote..

If MTU wanted to play games, they could change that poll overnight, but they are too honest to do that...see what I mean?

George
Old October 19th, 2003, 07:53 AM
Lauraine Graham- with the Lord Lauraine Graham- with the Lord is offline

I have an HP CD+ writer 9100 Series. The PLUS is most important as this is the one that supports the CDG format. The description you gave does not mention PLUS, so I am wondering if you have the one that does not recognise the RW sub-codes. If you do have the PLUS version I am sorry but I am unable to suggest why MicroStudio 2400 is not functioning.

best wishes
Old October 19th, 2003, 10:30 AM

CNET does NOT say that Microstudio has a 20% failure rate. That just is not so. What it is saying is that 20% of those that voted gave it a thumbs down for whatever the reason.

If something has an 80% approval record, common math says that there's a 20% disapproval rating. Something on the software doesn't work for 20% of the people that's tried it. Who in their right mind would give a rating one way or another if they haven't tried it?
Of the 50 people that voted, that's not bad considering that most people just wash their hands of something and never vote.
I'm not saying it isn't a good product. It's just that it's worthless to me and that if I'd have known that it has to use their drive I'd either have passed on the software of would have waited and bought one of their drives.
Old October 19th, 2003, 10:40 AM

I have an HP CD+ writer 9100 Series. The PLUS is most important as this is the one that supports the CDG format.

I just double checked and it says HP CD Writer + 9100b. It's the exact same model drive that my friend has.
George told me that the software wouldn't read the drive but it will list the tracks in the Import screen and I can name the tracks. The trouble starts when I try to import the tracks to the hard drive. Also, where it says "select folder" (in the import screen) it has a bar with "C:/" in it. I browse and highlight the directory I want to import to and instead of listing that directory it stays with the "C:/". On the C drive it gives an icon with the CDG (?) extension but there's nothing there. If I try to import the tracks again it tells me they're already there and asks if I want to rewrite. Sounds like a software problem to me...I'm getting used to the conflicts. I bought an HP computer to go with my HP printer and HP tells me they won't work together. The printer has to have a bus cable on it and it doesn't and there's no adaptor. I guess I need to learn to program so I can write my own...Ha!
Old October 19th, 2003, 11:03 AM

Angry It's not MTU's fault

jlmer,

you have to understand that your HP burner is not compatible, it's not because it can read the track and that it can also import that it will work. I also had the same problem with an LG Burner, I had the tracks, I can import them but they were not playing!!

MTU doesn't force anyone to buy the drive from them, I'm certain you can find a Plextor drive somewhere?

The only reason I can think why a person is not happy with Microstudio is because they're not using the correct burner.
This software is so friendly & easy to use that a 4 year old kid could use it!
Old October 19th, 2003, 01:16 PM

Quote:
JLMER
"George told me that the software wouldn't read the drive but it will list the tracks in the Import screen and I can name the tracks."
George told you no such thing.

Quote:
JLMER
"Who in their right mind would give a rating one way or another if they haven't tried it?"
A competitor who is trying to discredit a superior product.

...and I'll reiterate one more time. Just because 20% say they don't like a particular product for whatever the reason, that does not mean that the product, be it software or Cadillacs, experiences a 20% failure rate. There's a vast difference.

George

Last edited by George; October 19th, 2003 at 02:24 PM.
Old October 19th, 2003, 04:46 PM

Re: It's not MTU's fault

you have to understand that your HP burner is not compatible,

Then why will another burner, just exactly like mine, work just fine? That's what throws me.....mine won't work, my friend who has the very same thing has no trouble at all.
Have you heard of CDRWIN? I'm thinking of trying that one to see if it will work better.
Old October 19th, 2003, 05:00 PM

A competitor who is trying to discredit a superior product.
Who?
I'm certainly no competitor and CNET isn't either. They merely have a forum for people who try different software that's made available for trial downloads. Some tried the Microstudio and for one reason or another it didn't work. Maybe they can make the software compatable with more ROMs.

...and I'll reiterate one more time. Just because 20% say they don't like a particular product for whatever the reason, that does not mean that the product, be it software or Cadillacs, experiences a 20% failure rate. There's a vast difference.
When there's a flaw in a car that particular model is recalled. Not related to software problems. I do know that on software, if it's not working right a lot of people just accept the loss and do or say nothing. I'd rather try to get it to work. That's why I came here.

The 20% failure is from CNET ONLY. The software didn't work in different features for some of the people who tried it. One even complained of the tech support which, if true would be a failure. Personally, I have no complaints about the software. I just couldn't understand why it wouldn't work on a model ROM a friend of mine was using. I bought the ROM I did because this same model was working for this friend.
Old October 19th, 2003, 05:03 PM

CDR...

Yes I did & have it on my computer.
I bought this software before I knew about MTU, it extracts into a bin file which cannot be used with Microstudio. It's not a bad product but it's not the way to go in my opinion.

If your friend has the same drive as you and you're saying it works with Microstudio it could be the Firmware that is different or again it's like I said before, some brand pretend it reads cdg...

I own a Yamaha 3200 that can read cdg with some broken letters, Yamaha pretends it's cdg compatible well, it is but it looks bad!!

If I were you I wouldn't spend any money else where on software to be able to read cdg's, you did find the best software & it's call Microstudio! How much can a Plextor cost in the state? What ever you spend on this burner believe me you won't regret. Not only will it be able to read cdg but sometimes you back up will look nicer than the original.

What ever you decide, you'll need a real CDG Burner & there's only one brand that is 100% compatible, too bad for the others!

I don't work for MTU or Plextor by the way
Regards
Old October 19th, 2003, 07:36 PM

Looks like we have a failure to communicate as well as burner failure. The only thing I could suggest along those lines would be to go to the burner manufacturer's website and download any available firmware for that model number. Keep your fingers crossed, it may do no good.

Beyond that, I'm outa here.

George

Last edited by George; October 19th, 2003 at 10:07 PM.
Closed Thread