MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 27th, 2009, 07:05 PM

Talking 6/09 newbie Greets all

Hi Folks, I've decided to take my hobby to the next level and upgraded my Macbook Pro into a place to run /play or what ever else by adding Vista Business through Bootcamp, and a program called VMware Fusion2. I can either boot to Vista or Mac or do w/fusion. (con-fusion?) Anyway a lot to take in.
I scoured the net relentlessly for the best kj software and found MTU offered the best/most. Also were pretty helpful by phone prior to buying. Bought the Suite + Hoster, External Drive and 500g Rugged ext.hard drive. All will be used with a Mackie dfx12 and FBT powered speakers. I am in process of transfering all disks (less than 500) to HD to show on dual 17" monitors stuck onto a karaoke stand. In the meantime trying to read all the threads to keep ahead of problems. Thank you all for good software, dedicated problem solving, and karaoke fun lovin/singin times!
Old June 27th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Hi blochbuster
First time Ive noticed a Mac user on this forum. Hope all goes alright with you.
I think Lonman is a Mackie fan, you will probably hear from him among others.
Welcome to MTU. Forum.

Roy.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; June 27th, 2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old June 27th, 2009, 09:07 PM

Welcome to MTU, You won't regret using Hoster, you have the best people in the forum that can help you out with anything related to hoster ( or anything about computers ) Mackie is the best, wouldn't use anything else i have:
a pair of SR1521z &a pair of SRM 450's ( speakers /monitors ) 2 dfx6 and cfx12 boards..

Last edited by billyo; June 27th, 2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old June 27th, 2009, 09:28 PM

Red face refresh

Thanks for the welcome I'm now on disk 27 of the rest and I have an annoying little problem. When I hit refresh a popup appears that says "file error, 1 out of 347 failed count. If I click to find out ($recycle.bin) the microstudio says it must close. Any Fix?
Old June 28th, 2009, 02:30 AM

Hey Mark,
Welcome to the forums. I recommend you import your songs into Hoster first.

The errored file will be on list in the C:\MTU\Microstudio or one of the sub folders. Dale will give you a detailed explaination of this soon I'm sure, he is the man. I don't use Microstudio much so this is the best I can do for you.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old June 28th, 2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjim View Post
The errored file will be on list in the C:\MTU\Microstudio folder or one of the sub folders.
Oops!

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old June 28th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blochbuster View Post
I'm now on disk 27 of the rest and I have an annoying little problem. When I hit refresh a popup appears that says "file error, 1 out of 347 failed count. If I click to find out ($recycle.bin) the microstudio says it must close. Any Fix?
Are these 347 files one's that you have imported into Hoster as .kma files?

If so, how many songs are on the total amount of disks ?
If there are 346 then perhaps 1 file in that folder is not .kma.

open your .kma folder and see if there are other file types there which may account for this.

Roy.
Old June 28th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Just checked. In the kma folder there should be a file named FileErrors-karaoke-list.txt.
Open this and see if there are any files listed there.

Roy.
Old June 28th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Gentlemen I have moved this thread from Testimonials to Microstudio Help Forum as this is where it belongs.
Old June 28th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjim View Post
The errored file will be on list in the C:\MTU\Microstudio or one of the sub folders. Dale will give you a detailed explaination of this soon I'm sure, he is the man. I don't use Microstudio much so this is the best I can do for you.
Actually Jim the "FileErrors-Karaoke-List.txt" file is in the folder where the imported files are located.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blochbuster
I'm now on disk 27 of the rest and I have an annoying little problem. When I hit refresh a popup appears that says "file error, 1 out of 347 failed count. If I click to find out ($recycle.bin) the microstudio says it must close. Any Fix?
This does not mean the file was deleted but that Microstudio could not list it for some reason. Try re-importing that song again and see if that will fix it.

As has been said above you should be importing all of these disks through Hoster instead of Microstudio. Microstudio's purpose isn't for doing shows and you don't have to import through Microstudio to get them into Hoster as some of the other KJ programs require. Hoster has its own built-in importer that has a fantastic error correction.

When you import through Hoster the files are all compressed to save space on the hard drive and it builds a Songs Database so you can quickly find the song you want to play. It also has a built-in Songbook Creator so you can print your books out for your customers.
Old June 28th, 2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Actually Jim the "FileErrors-Karaoke-List.txt" file is in the folder where the imported files are located.
As always Dale, thanks for the backup. When I ran my tests on Microstudio I used the "Recorded Songs" folder which is in the C:\MTU\Microstudio folder. This is what my answer was based on.

Jim

Last edited by madjim- with the Lord; June 28th, 2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old June 28th, 2009, 08:11 PM

Unhappy Right train wrong track

Thank you for the help. I've been exporting .bin files to external hd. I guess i need to replace them with the smaller kma's.
I seem to be able to import .bin's to hoster but am as of yet unable to import cdg's direct from nexstar dx burner. When i hit import songs button than "import cd", it freezes up and I must close hoster. I guess my learning curve just got longer. Must be that "oldtimers" disease.:

Last edited by blochbuster; June 28th, 2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: font size
Old June 28th, 2009, 08:44 PM

Mark,
Go to Tools > CD/DVD Drives and make sure that your nexstar drive is selected as your Default Read Drive.

Jim

Old June 29th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blochbuster View Post
as of yet unable to import cdg's direct from nexstar dx burner. When i hit import songs button than "import cd", it freezes up and I must close hoster. I guess my learning curve just got longer. Must be that "oldtimers" disease.:
Is the nexstar dx burner the one you got from MTU This one Hoster, External Drive and 500g Rugged ext.

Added to Jim's reply also make sure it is showing as good.
One other thing been discussed recently check the usb cable.
Old June 29th, 2009, 01:25 PM

import problem

yes -it's the optiarc dvd rw ad7200a 1.09

Tags
neewbie