MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 8th, 2009, 05:42 PM

Error Message When Playing From CDG

New Dell Inspiron 530 Running Vista Home Premium. When Cliking Tab To Read Disc, Index Of Songs Comes Up. When I Double Click The Song I Wish To Hear An Error Window Comes Up Reading: WaveInOpen: Invalaid Device Identifier. If I Press OK The Song Then Plays. Then When The Song Is Done Another Error Window Comes Up Stating: WaveIn Reset: Invalid handle. Anyone Know What's Going On? Thanks For Any Advice.
Old January 8th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

It is Vista causing this error.
Be sure you have your Vista up-to-date. Be sure to go to Microsoft Update website to get all updates. Auto update does not download all of them.
Also right click on Microstudio program file (not the desktop icon) and set it to run as administrator. If this doesn't help then turn off the UAC.
Old January 10th, 2009, 01:58 PM

What Are UAC's?

I Did Try To Run MTU Program File As Administrator With No Success. I Could Not Try Your Other Idea About UAC Because I Don't Know What That Is. Pardon My Lack Of Knowledge. I Stll Get "ERROR MESSAGES": WaveInvalaid Device Identifier When Trying To Play A CDG Track. I Click The OK Tab Then The Track Plays. Then When The Song Ends Another Error Message Appears Stating: WaveInRest: Invalidhandle. Wow......
Maybe If You Could Tell Me What A UAC Is Or Where To Find It And Or What To Do With It? Thanks Again.
Old January 10th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

I don't use Vista so I can't tell you exactly what you have to do to turn it off. Maybe someone else can help with that.
As far as the error, there are several threads in the forum about this. Search for WaveInOpen and you should see several listed. Most of them solved it by loading a free Wave Editor program. Search internet for Wave Editor.
Old January 11th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDH View Post
Maybe If You Could Tell Me What A UAC Is Or Where To Find It And Or What To Do With It? Thanks Again.

UAC is short for User Account Control. A pain in the butt, if you ask me. To turn it off:

1. Head to Start
  2. Select Control Panel
  3. Select System and Maintenance
  4. Select Administrative Tools
  5. Select the System Configuration button
  6. Select the Continue button (if UAC is active)
  7. Select the Tools Tab
  8. Select "Disable UAC"
  9. Select the Launch button
  10. Select the Ok button to close the panel
You will have to reboot for the setting to take effect.
Old January 11th, 2009, 12:04 PM

Error Message When Playing CDG

"WaveIn Open: Invalid device identifier " This Window Appears When I Select A Song Then I Click OK The Song Plays Just Fine, But When The Song Is Over Another ERROR Message Appears: "WaveIn Reset: Invalid Handle". Windows Is Up To Date, I've Disabled UAC, Restarted The Computer And Reloaded MTU. What The....? Any Idea What I Can Do?
Old January 11th, 2009, 01:53 PM

"WaveIn Open: Invalid device identifier "

Seems like that is telling you it is having trouble playing a wave file because the proper device is not selected.

Try going to CONTROL PANEL

SOUNDS AND AUDIO DEVICES.

See if your soundcard is named in the DEFAULT DEVICE blocks for SOUND PLAYBACK and SOUND RECORDING. If not, do so.

If it is, I'd guess the proper sound drivers for your soundcard may have gotten messed up, and may need to be reinstalled.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old March 31st, 2009, 12:43 PM

Exclamation Problem still not fixed

I have this same problem with Vista 32-bit and Microstudio 4.006a. Windows is completely up-to-date, hardware's up-to-date, UAC is off....what's going on???? BTW, I submitted a support ticket, but haven't received a response yet, so I thought I'd post here.