MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old October 25th, 2002, 12:48 PM

What about DJ song book?

Most of us carry audio discs for the parties that are are a mix of KJ & DJ, does anyone know of a easy on the pocket audio music book program that has worked for them??
I already have a program for my Karaoke song book, but don't want to hand type a book if there is a good program out there..

Jim
Old October 27th, 2002, 04:50 AM

MS Excel works everytime for any kind of music.
Old October 27th, 2002, 07:57 PM

Yes I have used excel in my work for years, but I don't want to hand type a book, if there is a good program out there.

Jim
Old October 28th, 2002, 04:18 AM

Agreed...it's a bit time consuming...but at least I get to make it look the way I want to. I built a custom, rack mounted PC for my shows with a fixed drive of 30 Gigs (7200 RPM) (This is a boot drive) and a removable of 40 Gigs (7200 RPM) (This is karaoke music). I keep all music and song books readily available for shows...even boot redundancy (in case of failure).

Works great but it's taken alot of work to get there.
Old October 28th, 2002, 07:21 AM

Sounds like a nice set up, but I have too much invested to convert six setups from disc to PC. I am in the process of putting the sixth together before the holiday party rush, that's why I was asking about an audio book, not for the clients, for our jocks. We try to keep the sets all the same, but they don't play the audio's enough to know what is in the sets. I guess I'll hand type, I'm running out of time.

Jim
Old October 28th, 2002, 12:11 PM

Jim,
I know you've been with MTU for awhile just as I have....if there's anything I can do to help ya, let me know.
Perhaps my karaoke list in excel format and you can cut N paste song names?
Old October 28th, 2002, 01:26 PM

Thanks for the offer, I'm using the desk top, and my wife is using my laptop and we are about a third of the way thru the case. Thanks for the offer, we're just typing away listening to jive bunny, I did not even know I had it.

Jim
Old October 28th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Frequent Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jim in ohio
Thanks for the offer, I'm using the desk top, and my wife is using my laptop and we are about a third of the way thru the case. Thanks for the offer, we're just typing away listening to jive bunny, I did not even know I had it.

Jim
if you have internet access and access to cddb then it should be easy to list your songs using cd catalog- you cn get it through winamp I believe. It will save you time in loading your songs- actually you should be able to do that while loading the cd's if you are doing it through Media Player as well.
Old October 29th, 2002, 07:37 AM

Don't have winamp, have liquid music player, but it is finished, all done.
Thanks
Jim
Old February 10th, 2003, 07:50 AM

gee thanks

thanks for taking the time to answer my question i posted but i didnt really want a smart elic answer i am aware of the hoster program and the laptop but i was lloking for a setup that someone already knows works i do karaoke and dj shows at the same time so i need a set up that can do both so if you have any helpful info it would be appreciated not a smart elic answer and by the way i use music matchbook to make my dj music books look for it online www.musicmatchbook.com i think.
Old February 10th, 2003, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Now calm down please...

Robbie30534, I don't think Jim in Ohio meant harm. Sometimes we all have a bad day and get a bit frustrated in our posts. I try to keep that to a minimum and smooth the feathers when I sense them ruffled.

As to Hoster, we have a number of users who are DJ/KJ using Hoster with other DJ programs, starting back with last Holloween. One dealer ran Hoster and PCDJ for 12 or 14 hours straight on the same computer, both playing at the same time from 12-14 hour long play lists. There was never a hickup. The results we are hearing from Host users is they are saving 90% of the time they used to spend looking for discs, songs, handling the equipment, etc. and now they have that time free to work their singers and audience. In one case, Hoster made it so easy the Host's wife now runs Hoster and he is the Master of Ceremonies!

That... is exactly what we designed Hoster to do... free the Host to do a better job at what only a talented human can do. Encourage the singers to do their best, and be their best for the audience. We are very pleased with Hoster. We do have a free demo if you want to play with it. You can download it from this link.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and thanks for visiting our Fourms. I'm sure you will find Jim in Ohio an excellent resource. I have observed him many times helping others. He is a real asset to our Forums, and I expect he has some regrets for his post in your other thread.
Old February 24th, 2003, 06:42 AM

thanks and sorry

well thanks and sorry maybe im confused look not all people doing this are as smart or have as much money or the time to research or trail by error things so i meant not harm in my post either but i would like to say people be a little more helpful in your replys not giving smart elic comments i need help not to be picked on i get enough of that at my shows i am 1 guy with a show every night of the week so im vbery busy and i only have one set up so i need all the help i can get converting my system from cd+gs to what ever works the best or what has been tried and proven to work so on that note anyone with any helpful information i would really appreciate it i need it bad and thanks i really love the site and all the useful info so keep it up
Old April 11th, 2003, 12:29 PM

DK Millienum Excel Spreadsheet

If anyone knows where I could get the songlist for the DK Millienium CD set in an Excel or Access format, I would be most appreciative. Sorry, I hope asking isn't against the rules in here, if so, my apologies in advance.

louie_daytrader@yahoo.com
Old April 11th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Frequent Member

the millinium set happens to be all the dk sets after they discontinued the original 1-99. you can get that in chips softwre
they are the dk1xxx sries, the dk2xxx series, and the dk3xxx.
Old April 11th, 2003, 12:41 PM

Chips?

Danny,
I apologize, but I'm not really familiar with that. Please let me know as I really don't want to type 115 discs manually if I can help it. Any direction is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Louie
Old April 11th, 2003, 07:06 PM
Frequent Member

Re: Chips?

Quote:
Originally posted by Louieoke
Danny,
I apologize, but I'm not really familiar with that. Please let me know as I really don't want to type 115 discs manually if I can help it. Any direction is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Louie
go to this thread:
http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=1336
and click on the link in the first post.
Old April 11th, 2003, 07:18 PM
Frequent Member

Re: DK Millienum Excel Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally posted by Louieoke
If anyone knows where I could get the songlist for the DK Millienium CD set in an Excel or Access format, I would be most appreciative. Sorry, I hope asking isn't against the rules in here, if so, my apologies in advance.

louie_daytrader@yahoo.com
Louieoke.........

Sent you the list:
1. DK 1-99 in Excel Format
2. MILLENNIUM SET in Excel Format
3. EVERY DK DISC in Excel Format

COPY AND CUT AND PASTE AS YOU SEE FIT.....

kjzone
Old April 25th, 2003, 03:54 PM

Figured it out, (Millenium set)

I had to scrounge around online and copy all of the seperate cd's into a spreadsheet, merge and split cells, etc.. Anyway, If anyone needs it now, let me know and I'll send you a copy. Whew, thought I'd never get them done correctly. PS, I was a little dis-appointed in the volume level of the Millenium set. I really have to crank them up it seems.

Thanks for your help and advise...

Until Next Time,

Louieoke
Old April 25th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Frequent Member

Louieoke.......

I sent you the database in Excel Format to the e-mail address you had posted......You didn't get them?

The e-mail went through.....I didn't get a return.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 02:43 PM

Dang it all to Heck - kjzone

kjzone
I got your spreadsheets. Thanks for everything. Mine are still inferior and I liked the organization of yours so I'll use yours to continue forward. I really appreciate your help I just wish I'd checked my e-mail before I started all the cut & paste activities. I owe you big-time!

Thanks again,

Louieoke