MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old February 27th, 2003, 08:33 PM

Plexwriter 24/10/40a and cd creator 5

I have a plexwriter 24/10/40a. I purchased it from MTU. It has worked well with my MTU software etc. However the Roxio Software CD Creator 5 pretends to load but won’t do any work. It says something about creating a creator or something like that and locks everything up. I called Plextor and they said that the fix was on Roxio’s end. I went to that sight and just got lost, thinking I had found the problem, but nothing has worked. Has anyone worked this out?

I haven't been in a real hurry because I have a full working version of CD Creator 4 though it being in my possession is not exactly kosher. Is it worth it to get a basic 5??
Old February 27th, 2003, 08:58 PM

Jahern,

Here is the Roxio link that you need to update your CD Creator 5.XX. Just download and install it.

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc...GRVQVMCACAWIV0

Jon
Old February 27th, 2003, 11:23 PM

Thumbs up plexwriter

I have similar problem with direct cd as part of cd creator 5.0 as far as when I use a cd-rw to burn karaoke songs to use for test purposes, I cannot seem to be able rewrite to them again. Along with one of my plexwriters I purchased from MTU, one of 3, came a program called SIMPLE CD and it works great. Just insert cd and erase does not format as does direct cd. very simple to use. You might try it. Alan
Old February 27th, 2003, 11:48 PM

Version is basic not platinum

The update I just downloaded will not update the version sent with the cd writer (Thanks anyway jaddams) My version is basic. Therefore I am tempted to ignore it because I have a full "Easy CD Creator 4" But I installed it anyway and once again got a message "Cannot Create Creator" I did try the update and got the message that it would only update Platinum. I'm disturbed that software sent with a burner (purchased from MTU-chime in anytime) cannot operate it. But I will live. I've lived with the problem for maybe a year now but thought I would try to see it to a conclusion if I could.

ps. I tried to go back to Roxio and see other updates that seem to apply to me (sorry about the "Thanks anyway jaddams") I'm trying the download now and am anxious to see what it does.
Old February 28th, 2003, 12:33 PM

easy cd creator

this is the download you want if you have easy cd creater basic 5.0

EASY CD CREATOR BASIC UPDATES

Updates Easy CD 5.x.x Basic and Starter Kit to 5.3.4 for all Windows Operating Systems
February, 17 2003
This web update is designed to update English versions of Easy CD Creator 5.x.x Platinum to version 5.3.4. It can be installed in Windows NT, 98, 2000, ME, and XP. It has a number of fixes and adds new drive support, including support for DVD -R/RW and DVD +R/RW. This update will install Windows XP specific drivers and make the necessary registry entries to allow Easy CD Creator to operate correctly in Windows XP.

download

Start Shopping

Where to buy
Product Registration
myRoxio
Contact Roxio
Investor Relations
Press Room
Old February 28th, 2003, 12:39 PM

simple cd

Here is the web site for http://www.oaktech.com/products/recording_software/simplicd.html for Simple CD