MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 5th, 2004, 04:00 PM

Thumbs up new & re-formatted computer set-up

Hi guys

Just a quick one on the setting up of my home producer software on my new & old computers. I recently bought a new computer & installed karaoke pro on it no prob. Unfortunately I had a hardware conflict & it kept crashing. Only way to resolve it was to start from scratch with a full new install. Now i cannot install the complete karaoke pro on it. I have managed to get Micro studio on but none of the other three programs in the pack. Also I had karaoke pro on my other (old) computer. Again I had the same problem after upgrading to xp. After installing xp I found that my old system was not running as well as it did with 98. So I am intending to go back to 98. I am aware that you guys allow me to put the software on a maximum of 2 computers that I own. Can you please sort it out for me as soon as possible so that I can get going again?

Thanks for your help

Peter.
Old May 5th, 2004, 04:23 PM

Question Spec Please

Could you please give us a description of your old computer so we can guide you? Processor, Memory...

thanks
Old May 5th, 2004, 04:28 PM

hi mlepine

It's not a problem with my computers now, it's that mtu is reporting that the software already exsist on 2 computers...... That was correct but it is the same 2 computers we are talking about which have been re-formatted & I now require to carry out a re-install of the karaoke suite 4 software.

regards
Peter.
Old May 10th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Administrator

License is for ONE computer....

When installing you should see the Modify-Repair-Remove screen unless you used Control Panel to remove the MTU program.

Click either Modify or Repair and post back here what happens if it does not work.

The basic problem is that you have used up your backup installations on a second computer already. The License Agreement you accepted allows installing on ONE computer. The reason we allow installing on more than one is exactly to overcome the problem you are now experiencing.

Since you have all four programs registered on 2 computers, I suggest you consider honoring the License agreement and running the products on the one computer that is still running.

If my assessment of the problem is wrong, please post back here.
Old May 10th, 2004, 05:11 PM

Hi Guys

I don't think you have understood my post. What I am trying to explain is that I have had to re-format both my computers. Therefore none of them has any mtu programs left on them at all.

I have managed to re-install microstudio on my new machine which is running windows xp (but only microstudio, not the rest of the karaoke suite 4 program).

I would also like to re-install karaoke suite 4 on my "old machine" which is running windows 98 & which according to the licence agreement I should be allowed to do.

I can assure you that I am not trying to "pull a fast one" here. I really only have these 2 machines (which I own) & I really do not have your programs on any other machine.

It may show that it is registered on 2 machines already but I can assure you that this is the same 2 machine we are talking about, which have had their hard-drives re-formatted.

Now come on guys, please let me have what I have payed for!
Old May 15th, 2004, 08:09 AM

Angry NOT BEST PLEASED

STILL WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO HELP ME OUT!!!!
Old May 19th, 2004, 01:47 PM

Try it again and see if it will now work.
Old August 7th, 2004, 06:43 AM

Thumbs up Re: new & re-formatted computer set-up

Bryan

You are are star!!!! Thanks for getting me sorted again on my new computer. Unfortunately it looks like the old one has had it, so I will need to buy myself a new back up machine. So if & when I manage to get the cash together for that, I would like to "back up" my MTU software on that one too, if that's okay.

Your help has been much appreciated.

Peter