MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old May 21st, 2003, 01:21 AM
Honor Roll

Duplicate songs don't display...

Here's a slight problem I found:
(or I'm doing something wrong)

When you have more than one version of a song, (by the same artist) only one will show up when using the 'Add by songname' function. Is there a way for it to show all the versions? For example:

Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler

a couple of my singers like the All Hits version while others like the Sweet Georgia Brown Version...I use both, but when I type in the name, only the All Hits version shows up.

Flip (a.k.a. Mike)

P.S. I also found that the mouse pointer sometimes disappears when selecting a song.
Old May 21st, 2003, 08:03 AM
Administrator

There is nothing you can do for now using the Song or Artist means to access a song. We have to fix this problem in our database. It is being worked on. However, if you know the BookID or Brand/DiscID, you can access all songs using these 2 methods.

The cursor disappearing is based on standard Windows operations that "hide" the mouse pointer when you are to use the keyboard to make a field entry. We have tried 3 times to overcome this in our software and have yet to find a way, shy of totally writing all the dialog box controls from scratch... a very expensive task.
Old May 21st, 2003, 11:02 AM
Honor Roll

Thanks for the quick reply, I do understand you have lots of things you guys are working on, and I REALLY appreciate all that you at MTU have done (and are doing), just wasn't sure if you were aware of this [minor] inconvenience. Once again, THANK YOU MTU! For being the best in the karaoke industry!!!

Flip (a.k.a. Mike)
Closed Thread