MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 25th, 2010, 08:55 AM

Songverter KMA to Hoster 4.11

I tried importing zip files to Hoster. Tedious process, so I bought Songverter, converted the zips to Kma, moved them to my KMA folder and rebulit my database.

I did searches for songs I know I converted and cannot find them. The rebuild database gave me a note that said i had duplicate bookids that were not included. Just about the same number of files not included as I tried to add.

How do I convert the files with Songverter and import those to Hoster 4.11?
Old January 25th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

If you convert them in Songverter to KMA they will convert but no BookID will be assigned. This is why Hoster says you have duplicates after the Rebuild. Hoster does not know where to put them.
Additionally by converting them this way it does not convert correctly for the current Hoster.
The reason Hoster is taking so much time is because it has to extract the MP3 and CDG files inside, then import them. The reason this is done is to eliminate the slowdown when playing zip files. That slowdown is because to play a zipped file, Hoster must first extract the files and then play them. To eliminate this and speed up play Hoster does the extraction during import.
By converting them in Songverter first you are defeating this attempt to make Hoster faster and more efficient because Hoster will have to do the extraction each time that KMA file is played. If you want to use Songverter to speed up the Hoster import process then use it to convert from ZIP to MP3+G. Then import them and it will go much faster.
Old January 25th, 2010, 11:50 AM

The tedious part is how many errors occur during import and how often the process locks up. I want to batch convert and it just seems to glitch alot.. I love hoster, but in this one respect my other program is better.

I have spent many hours trying to import mp3+g and zip files with Hoster and the other is just basically a one button process. I run my old files files from Hoster and new stuff from competition because I work 3 jobs and don't have the time or patience to deal with it.

Again, I love hoster.
Old January 25th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

It sounds like you have some errors of some kind in some of those files. Could be a name difference or a zip format that Hoster doesn't recognize. Since you have Songverter either do a zip to zip conversion or a zip to MP3+G to correct the errors.
There is a Windows limit that MTU has not found a work around for yet and that is 509 files. Everytime the count reaches about 509 then Hoster locks up. This effects the other programs too to some degree but doesn't seem to be as bad.
Old January 27th, 2010, 08:40 AM

Thank you.

A question I have is that I had my old KMA database that I moved the new files to. When I open the folder they all look alike. How can I tell which files are the files Hoster doesn't recognize so that I can delete them?
Old January 27th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

When Hoster makes a kma file the name of the kma will be something like
BS3817-01 If you imported it from a disk and gave it the proper disk ID or XYZ0180-2 If you let Hoster make it's own.
The kma files you convert with Songverter will probably have file names that match your original zip file name but with the kma extension.

If they are all the last ones you did , the easy way to find them is open the folder they are in right click the folder, from the window that opens select "Sort By" then Date Modified. You can reverse the order shown by clicking the header tab date.

Roy.
Old February 1st, 2010, 07:18 AM

Thank you
Old February 1st, 2010, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
The kma files you convert with Songverter will probably have file names that match your original zip file name but with the kma extension.
Roy this is incorrect. The file would be named exactly the same way Hoster names them. That is with DiskID-Track Number.

Sskydiver after you moved the files to Hoster's folder, did you try to Rebuild or Add? Rebuild wouldn't recognize them because there is no bookid in the header. If you use the Add then it will assign bookids and add that to the header. However it may not be in the order you want.
Old February 1st, 2010, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Roy this is incorrect. The file would be named exactly the same way Hoster names them. That is with DiskID-Track Number.
Hi Dale
If you convert a song in songverter to a .kma it does retain the file name( I tried it). As far as I can tell you can not import the .kma file into Hoster data base using import hard drive files, the only way I think you can get them into the data base is to copy & paste Which is basically what he did as shown in this quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskydiverr View Post
I tried importing zip files to Hoster. Tedious process, so I bought Songverter, converted the zips to Kma, moved them to my KMA folder and rebulit my database.

4.11?
May be I am wrong but that's how I read it.

Roy.
Old February 1st, 2010, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Hi Dale
If you convert a song in songverter to a .kma it does retain the file name( I tried it). As far as I can tell you can not import the .kma file into Hoster data base using import hard drive files, the only way I think you can get them into the data base is to copy & paste Which is basically what he did as shown in this quote.

May be I am wrong but that's how I read it.

Roy.
Not if the DiskID and track number are part of the name. If they are present then that is what it uses for the KMA file which is what I think he had since he didn't know how to find them in the folder.
And yes you are right hte only way to add KMA files to Hoster is to copy them to the KMA folder, then run the Add to include the files in the database and assign BookIDs. The problems I see with this method though is that you have no control over what BookID they get and the file is not unzipped down to the MP3 and CDG files before adding the KMA extension. This means that Hoster has to unzip the file before playing causing a longer delay between hitting the play and when the song starts playing which is why Hoster unzips them before conversion to KMA.
Old February 1st, 2010, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Not if the DiskID and track number are part of the name. If they are present then that is what it uses for the KMA file which is what I think he had since he didn't know how to find them in the folder.
And yes you are right the only way to add KMA files to Hoster is to copy them to the KMA folder, then run the Add to include the files in the database and assign BookIDs. The problems I see with this method though is that you have no control over what BookID they get and the file is not unzipped down to the MP3 and CDG files before adding the KMA extension. This means that Hoster has to unzip the file before playing causing a longer delay between hitting the play and when the song starts playing which is why Hoster unzips them before conversion to KMA.
Dale Ive just been experimenting with some of these zip file names. Yes you are right if If the Disk Id and track is in the file name it does just use that, I have some that only have artist & song so that is why it sets the file name as I suggested, also I have some where the Disk Id & track are in brackets then they show as full File name as this example
"Don_Gibson_-_Oh_Lonesome_Me_(SC7539-09).kma"

I wonder if it is a good idea to be able to convert too .kma If it wasn't available you wouldn't have people trying to load them into Hoster data base and you can't use them in any other software other than MTUs and as you say "you have no control over what BookID they get "

Roy.
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:57 PM

Hoster 4.20 when released, will fix ALOT of these Batch import issues that we are seeing. We have done a major redo of how the Hard drive files are imported.

Also we just released version 1.22 that does fix some crash issues with converting .kma files to MP3+G. They were mainly under Windows Vista and Windows 7 that I had found the problem with.

You can download it from here.