MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old December 4th, 2002, 03:27 PM

Audio Or Data Cdr's ????

Does anybody out there have a clue as to why Mitsui would market both Audio and Data cdr's if they are apparantly the same. They appear to be the same where cdg's are concerned. Reason I ask is because I used Mitsui Audio cdr's exclusively for a long time, and when MTU started carrying Mitsui Media I placed an order with them. Got rather upset when they came in as Data cdr's not audio, but was assured by MTU they would do just fine which they do. So what's the difference ?

Still curious,

George
Old December 7th, 2002, 10:43 AM

George,
I honestly don't know what the differences are between the audio and data branded discs. My guess is that they are the exact same. The discs most likely are manufactured the exact same, so I think it may just be a marketing catch. It could work to get some people to buy both types of discs to use the one for audio and the other for data. Other than this I am in the same ballpark as you as to what the differences are.

I have always used the same discs to do audio or data CD's. I have never used a specific disc for one or the other.
Old December 7th, 2002, 11:08 AM

Bet you're right, Bryan. Found a site that has both listed and the audios are $5.00 per hundred more than the datas, both in shrink wrap stacks, and both 74min,700mg silver unbranded. Considering the number of dummies like me who thought they had to use audio for audio and data for data I can see a huge economic impact there.

Some snow job(no pun intended). How is the situation in Raleigh coming along? Things getting anywhere near normal yet?

Take care,

George
Old December 7th, 2002, 11:18 AM

George,
It seems that the power came back on at the office last night. So the engineers can get back into the server to do some work. The city looks like it got hit by a monster tornado, from all the trees that are on the roads and the powerlines hanging everywhere. I was one of the lucky ones as that my house didn't lose power but for a Day. It seems some places the power has just come back on today. They are also saying that some of the places the power may not be back on till Wendseday of next week, due to so many wires being down and destroyed in certain locations. To top it all off it has been cold, last night got down to 18 degrees Farenheit, so for people without power, that would have been very cold.

The roads weren't to bad, but the problem was all the trees and power lines that the ice knocked down. This is early for us to get a big storm to, so this winter may be a bad one for us, never know.
Old December 8th, 2002, 04:18 PM

I believe the difference in cost comes in the form of a tax on audio cd-r's. While this doesn't affect pc users it means that people with standalone audio copiers pay that little bit extra.