MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 9th, 2008, 10:20 PM

Graphics cut off bottom of screen

When running 4.3 my graphics/lyrics are cut off at the bottom of the screen, when running version 3.4 this does not happen. Display setting are set the same for both.

When running 3.4, and the Karaoke lyrics show up on the first display, I usually just double click in the lyrics area and the lyrics then fill the second display. This also works when running the 4.3 version but again the graphics are cut off at the bottom of the display(marquee is running).
Using 19 inch flat panel monitor and I already have the display setting set as high as it will go.

Last edited by xxyzz; September 9th, 2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old September 9th, 2008, 10:40 PM
VIP

the resolution settings on your computer screen need to be set the same as on the second monitor.

Old September 10th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator

Is your flat screen monitor high definition? If so try changing the Aspect Ratio. The problem with setting to HD ratio (16:9) is this tends to cut off the bottom and top of non-HD picture. Hoster isn't set-up to use HD.
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:39 AM

Screen Resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Is your flat screen monitor high definition? If so try changing the Aspect Ratio. The problem with setting to HD ratio (16:9) is this tends to cut off the bottom and top of non-HD picture. Hoster isn't set-up to use HD.

It is not HD
Old September 10th, 2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
the resolution settings on your computer screen need to be set the same as on the second monitor.
When I changed my laptop settings from 1920x1200 to 1280x1024 and my second display to 1280x1024 that did the trick
OR
I could have kept my settings the way they were and then manually resize the secondy display to fit in the window.

I never had to do this with any previous versions but if you want to see the singer/song at the bottom of the screen you will need to do this.
Old September 10th, 2008, 04:39 PM
VIP

Question New TV at Old Venue

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
When I changed my laptop settings from 1920x1200 to 1280x1024 and my second display to 1280x1024 that did the trick
OR
I could have kept my settings the way they were and then manually resize the secondy display to fit in the window.

I never had to do this with any previous versions but if you want to see the singer/song at the bottom of the screen you will need to do this.
Two of my older gigs ( 14 yrs and 5 yrs ) have now upgraded their TV's to either LCD or Plasma. The first was not too difficult to figure out, once the new remote was studied and an amplifyer for signal strength was added.

The second venue was something a little different. I learned that they were switching to satellite and asked the manager to advise me when the technician would be doing the install, so I could match the computer resolutions, and hook up my cables for minimal setup before show. Well... I show up last Friday and the New Plasma TV (52") is installed and Satellite connection with unfamiliar remote is the only thing the Bartender was given. This is my normal 1 hour prior to show setup allowance. Turns out the manager was out sick, so the technician wasn't aware that I wanted to be there when the TV was installed. The TV fit an open nook like it was designed for it! Not more than two inches on either side, and the set was heavier than I expected. So there I am trying to study the remote, onscreen instructions ( No Instruction Manual, Naturally), wedge a hand blindly around the side and make the best connection without knowing the backpanel configuration. I finally got an RCA plug in a side setup that was barely accessable, and struggled to get the video screen to appear with this complicated remote control. I started late, I was mad, the customers were a little more than anxious, and the resulting show screen was not up to my normal standards.

So after the show I went home and pulled up the Instruction Manuals or a simular model, for the TV and the Satellite Manufacturer for remote control instructions.

I since have been back to the venue, found the TV remote ( Simpler to Understand by far!) and got a couple of helpers to move and steady the Television while I got a s-video wire connected to the rear.

The show screen will look great this week!

Dale is correct about High Definition and cutting off the top and bottom, or adjusting the resolution, to make the singers screen optimal. The TV remote allowed the screen to be moved vertically and horizontally without changing the computer settings. (Nice feature to simplify the resizing!)

Manager was sympathetic, I wasn't!

I'll be a happy camper again this week!

So each venue may take a little tweaking if you do several gigs, and need to setup and teardown for different venues!

Rick
Rikki Tikki Karaoke
Old September 10th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
OR

You may be able to run the laptop at the higher resolution and leave the TV at the lower. I don't think that will effect it anymore. If it does then set it back but you can at least try it.
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
You may be able to run the laptop at the higher resolution and leave the TV at the lower. I don't think that will effect it anymore. If it does then set it back but you can at least try it.
Running it at two different resolutions IS the problem. The singers names get cut off the bottom of the screen.