MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 5th, 2004, 03:14 PM

Cheers Bryan. I'll get myself the Live card and if there are no incompatibilty problems as suggested I might just be up and running. I've researched how ABIT motherboards with VIA chipsets can live with the SB Live card and I appear to be OK on what I've read so far. Time will tell. I'll let you know.

Thanks again

Dave
Old May 5th, 2004, 03:33 PM

We also have the Live cards in the Abit Motherboards with Via Chipsets here at the office. The model that we used was the VH6T boards. So you should have no problems.
Old May 5th, 2004, 04:18 PM

SB Live

Quote:
Originally posted by gduns
I had to check the spelling myself and you are right. I was spelling it the way the techs pronounce it here. I would suggest against the soundblaster live and for the Audigy either 1 or 2 simply because some motherboards have had problems with the "Live" card. I have one such motherboard at home that the soundblaster live is not compatible with. it's a gigabyte, but I understand there are others that have a compatibility problem with this card.
I will agree with you, I also had problems with the SB Live on three different computer. Creative made so many different model of that card that it's no surprise that it will have some problems!

Most of the problems I had was with the EAX software and the Creative Player/Recorder. I know that the Live Value is one model that is not working properly with the latest updates.

I would spend a little more an get at least the Audigy1 and that card is not supported on the Microsoft Update site so this way you will be certain to have the driver coming from Creative!

Regards
Old May 9th, 2004, 02:48 AM

No Sound Card Installed

Well, I installed Creative SB Live as discussed and nothing has changed. It works fine with Windows XPP and all my installed apps apart from Vogone which shows exactly the same error messages as with my previous sound card. I tried the SB Live on various different PCI slots which made no difference and updated the driver from Creative which didn't help. I removed Vogone and reinstalled it also but to no avail.

Where do we go from here? Any more ideas.

Dave
Old May 9th, 2004, 10:06 AM

Chiming In a Little More Seriously

You said your sound card works fine with other programs, Microstudio Play, etc.

The only way I can get this error message, with an installed sound card, is when another program is using the files.

I use windows 98 and I know how to turn off programs. (I'm not sure how to do it with XP) Are you sure that all other non-essential programs are turned off when you try to use vogone?
Old May 9th, 2004, 10:14 AM

Exclamation Directory

My guess is that the fact you have Windows installed on the D drive might be part of the reason?

By default, when you install any software of drivers it will go in the C drive and perhaps you have drivers or software installed in the wrong directory which would explain this problem?

I would still recommend a fresh new installation on the C drice in NTFS this time but again, it's just a suggestion and it's what I would do because your setup is still not normal.

Regards
Old May 10th, 2004, 02:59 AM

I'm pretty certain that no other programs are using the sound card and therefore making it unavailable for Vogone. Although I'd like to know what has to be left running as a minimum in XPP. In 98SE, it was just explorer and systray. Anyone know what the XPP equivalent is.
I think there is a strong point for installing Win XPP on the C: drive as suggested. I did mention this further back in the discussion thread but obviously who wants to reinstall OS from scratch. I intend to retainn current XPP installation on D: and install XPP again on C: using a dual boot system in the mean time until the installtion on C: is complete and then remove the old XPP from D:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments

Dave
Old May 14th, 2004, 06:50 AM

Solved

Problem is solved at last. It wasn't the sound card and it wasn't anything to do with my OS being on the D: drive in the end. It was the integrity of the WAV files I was asking Vogone to open.
I had converted MP3s into WAVs using the highly acclaimed Cool Edit Pro audio manipulation prgramme which I use frequently and this is what Vogone obviously did not like. I ripped a track from a CD strainght to WAV format using a basic CD ripper and the resulting WAV was recognised by Vogone. I think what threw me right off course was the error message created by Vogone "No sound device installed, please instal one and try agin" This obviously makes the user think the problem is with the sound card when it isn't at all. Perhaps in future releases of the programme this error messgae could read something like "Inappropriate file format, please try again" or something like that. However, I'm not sure if this is an OS error message or a Vogone error message. Anyway, all is sorted now although I did purchase a new sound card and reinstall my OS needlessly. Thought you might be interested to know how it all turned out in the end.

Dave
Old May 14th, 2004, 10:10 AM

Dsmail,
Thank you for letting us know what the problem was. This is very odd that you would have problems with a program such as Cool Edit Pro, but there is a very tight spec on the .wav file format. They have caused us grief, by being out of spec in the past.

You are correct about the error, I had not ever had anyone tell me this same problem due to your Cause. I will make sure that we make note of this, and try to change the error messages in the program.
Old May 18th, 2004, 10:27 PM

Ckeck this possible solution from the Creative Labs website. It may help someone.

Good luck,

Jon
Old January 19th, 2006, 04:41 PM

DSmail, you are not the only one with this problem. I just ran into this one today. I was creating a medley of songs for a friend who will be doing a live performance this weekend with cooleditpro, and of course I saved it to a wav file. Keyrite did not like this file. I got the same message you did, and was racking my brain trying to figure this out until I read your post.