MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 23rd, 2004, 10:09 AM

anything better than vogone ?

If somebody got good experience with some other vocal eliminators or reductors, maybe ltsound's thompson vocal eliminator ve-4, please tell me can I have better voice reduction than reduction with vogone. I don't have anything against vogone, it is excelent for that price, but I just have to asks is it the best.
Thanks
Old April 23rd, 2004, 10:42 AM

Tomislav,
I will allow other clients to tell you what they think of the other products. For now here are the Vogone Testimonials that clients have posted http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=30.

This may give you some good information to go on.
Old April 23rd, 2004, 11:40 AM

Speaking of Thompson.....

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1518

George
Old April 24th, 2004, 10:07 PM

Yes and No.... it all depends upon the nature of the original sound file.

There are many products out there than can, try to, do vocal reduction or elmination. Their prices range from $20 to several thousands. Some companies also offer to remove vocals from music you provide them "for a small fee" (~$15 per song).

The one thing that all have in common is that there is no promise that the results will be good enough for you.

I've had songs that program "X" will completely managle while they just sound crappy when other applications "remove" the vocals. I've worked with songs from which only Vogone creates tolerable results.

So if you already have other programs that claim to do vocal reduction its worth trying them if Vogone doesn't do a good enough job for you, but I wouldn't recommend running out and buying anything else JUST for the vocal reduction. I don't think you'll find another program that does as good a job with as a wide a breath of sound files as Vogone.

If you're serious about getting music without vocals then your best bet is to find a source of "bed" music that has the songs you want in a format and price you can deal with. Some time researching Midi or MP3+G files might be well spent (NOTE you will need to convert these to .wav files before using them with MTU's software). Some folks actually use sheet music and a good keyboard/synth to create the music themselves. But all that stuff is for a different fourm.

S_D
Old April 25th, 2004, 12:22 PM

thanks for replies,
now I think that when I have a song in which remain a lot of vocal after vogone processing, that is a better solution making new song with midi files and good instrument samples (maybe adding real guitar), than buying some of expensive hardware vocal eliminators, and I will get files with which I can making different versiion of song, maybe country, metal, acoustic style.
Thanks
Old April 25th, 2004, 03:30 PM

TOMISLAV,

If you are considering going the MIDI route, which many of us have, here's a thread that may interest you.

George

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?...+sound+canvass
Old April 25th, 2004, 07:43 PM

I too use MIDIs whenever possible, but these days, especially in Christian music, there aren't many MIDIs being released to newer songs.

Also a small note about the Thompson product.

I must agree with George on this, LT Sound loves to "blow their own horn" and brag about how "great" their product is, while laughing all the way to the bank. If you study their site and limited info carefully you'll see how evasive they can be.

I am curious - LT Sound boasts that the VE 4 uses "multiple" algorithims, does Vogone also do this?