MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 8th, 2005, 02:55 AM

Unhappy *****Newbie HERE...Please Help..*****

Just purchase the Karaoke Suite 4.. Everything is great except for the Vogone 2.210.. I don't know..but for some apparent reason, I don't know how to work the sucker!!! I don't know if my hearing is bad, but when I tried to de-vocalize Depeche Mode-Enjoy the Silence that is a WAV format.. it just sounds very weird. Please help me any of you out there to let me know what is the right adjustments... Or can someone just give me a Vogone 101 training... For some weird reason, the more the try to adjust, the same it sounds for me.. Greatly appreciated!!!

Andy

Old November 8th, 2005, 08:08 AM

What you're looking for is already posted on the Vogone Help Forum.

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=2823

George
Old November 8th, 2005, 11:07 AM

Unhappy

Honestly George,

I did see this thread already... Does not help.. I tried everything you had noted, still not changes.. Is there any possible way that I can email you a song file and maybe try to change it yourself cause I sure can't... There must be an easier way to do this... PLEASE HELP!!!!
Old November 8th, 2005, 01:47 PM

It only works with center panned vocals, that track may have not been recorded that way.
Beta Test Machine: DELL Inspiron 1721 * Vista Home Premium SP1 * AMD Athlon 64 dual core tk-57 1.90MHz * DVD/CDR Drive * 250GB HDD * 3GB RAM.

Show Work PC: Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.
Old November 8th, 2005, 04:42 PM

DJMADMAXX is right, anything other than a stereo, center panned vocal will generally not work.

A very common condition that appears to produce negative results are tracks that contain digitally added echos or reverbs to the vocal. These generally are not on the same track as the lead, and if the lead was recorded in stero and center panned, you may have successfully removed it and not even know it because of the echos and reverb.

George
Old November 8th, 2005, 05:05 PM

Red face

Hmmm..very interesting... Sorry guys.. I am very new at this..
what is Center Panned Vocals?? How can you tell if a song is Center Panned?? Is the song Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode C.P.?? Please help... I like the song very much, but for some apparent reason, it just doesn't sound right. I'll be more than happy to send you the WAV format song and maybe you guys can help me get this song in a correct sounding Karaoke state of condition. Or maybe you guys try this song out, and let me know what kind of adjustment you have it at with Vogone 2.210.. Thanks guys for the support!!!
Old November 8th, 2005, 05:51 PM

Center panning is putting the lead vocal track in the direct center of the recording, with instruments to the left and right of it, completing the stereo effect.

There's no way that I know of to tell whether a vocal is center panned on a recording without using audio editing software that would allow you to look at the waveform of the channels of a stereo wav file.

That would even be an iffy situation considering how many songs are being done these days where one has trouble hearing the vocalist anyway. I know it would not be pheasable with the editing software I use.

That's not to say there isn't some high dollar audio editiing tools out there that will isolate each track, but most generally they simply show the left and right stereo tracks with no distinction as to the tracks within those broad divisions.

Sorry, but I never heard of the song you're working with, so I can't comment on it.

Regarding sending me the file, it is illegal to send someone else a copywritten file.

Wish I could be more help. You may have hit on one that just won't work to your satisfaction.

George