MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 8th, 2005, 02:44 PM

Question remove vocals from broadway musical?

i purchased vogone 2.210 for the speicific purpose of removing vocals from a broadway musical soundtrack. my intent is to use the vocal-removed number as orchestral backing in a middle school play. i have tried anything i can figure out to do but am having no success at removing the vocals. based on my reading of the documentaion included in the purchased product, it appears that vogone may not be capable of this since so much of the vocals are split between channels amd/or move between channels during the number.

is there any hope for doing this?
Old August 9th, 2005, 08:57 AM

Considering the material involved, I sincerely doubt you are going to have much success with this.

George
Old August 9th, 2005, 09:07 PM
VIP

I suspect you will have no joy doing this because of the method used for recording the musical in the first place.
In short, the source material needs to be a stereo, studio recording - by which I mean the various recording tracks (instrumental backing, vocal backing, lead vocal) are multi-track recorded and the entire recording edited and mastered to 2 channel stereo. In this format it is normal to place lead vocals in the centre and Vogone will then work.
From what you have described it sounds like your source material may have been recorded live or without the necessary separation of parts.

Vogone works very well - but results will vary depending on the source recording. I have tried virtually every hardware and PC vocal elimination program and nothing works better than Vogone!

Your options are:
1 Try a different recording that was studio recorded.
2 Purchase a commercial karaoke version of the musical - many exist. Quality can vary enormously between different manufacturers and it would be advisable to audition before purchases - if possible.

Hope this helps you.

MikeP