MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 27th, 2004, 02:11 PM

Question Can't read .wav files

When I select a .WAV file and try to play it or adjust the high and low areas, I get a message that says "Error reading wav file". I click "ok" and the message keeps reappearing. The only way to get out is to hit "escape" repeatedly until I exit to the desktop. I am using the most recent versin o a Windows 98 SE sytem, 2.6 Ghtz with plenty of RAM and hard disk space. I tried to repair and re-install with no success. Also, I had to modify the short-cuts so that the button to read the the manual would work. I verified that the .wav files are good as I was able to play them normally with Realplayer, Windows media payer, etc.

Thank you.

Bruce Johnson
Old March 28th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Where did the .wav file come from?

This is not a problem that has been reported before to my knowledge. Therefore, I suspect there is something wrong with this particular .wav file.

Do you have any .wav files that will work with Vogone 2.210? If so, then suspect this particular file.
Old March 29th, 2004, 09:50 AM

"Waveable" work

Are you able to do other things with these wave files such as create music cds?

I took a non-wave music file, (wma) and changed the extension name to .wav. My player was still able to play it. Vogone was able to see it and choose it, but of course it could not process it. I did not get the messages that you are reporting, however.

I still am dubious about whether these are actual wave files.
How big are they? They should be 30,000 to 55,000 or so KB.

I don't mean to antagonize you, I'm just trying to see what the possibilities are.

Good Luck!!
Old March 31st, 2004, 02:48 PM

Waves on cd??

Another thought. I've done no experimentation with this but maybe there would be problems if the wave files were on a cd, instead of the hard drive.

Anyone??
Old April 1st, 2004, 09:04 AM

Vogone will not process directly from a cd. The tracks must be imported to the hard drive through Microstudio first.

In my limited opinion, Real Player and Windows Media player cannot be used as a yardstick to measure the status of a .wav file as both players recognize other file formats, and play what they find. Just because they will play them does not confirm that they are unaltered .wav files.

George
Old April 1st, 2004, 08:38 PM

Yes But...

Right. What I am trying to determine is why vogone sees the file in the first place, if it is not a wave file.

I have tried to process files that aren't wave with vogone, but unless the file is named xxx.wav, vogone doesn't even list it. So there won't be a message about processing such as what has been mentioned here.

bwjohnson4751 hasn't piped in in a little while so I hope he has had the problem fixed somehow.

Best Wishes to all
Old August 11th, 2004, 01:35 AM

Re: Can't read .wav files

I thought I had it solved, because I was able to copy a file from the original CD and convert it with a program called "cdcopy" into a .WAV file. However, recently I attempted to do the same thing with some other files and the same thing happened. The file could not be read. I still believe that even if you do get the message, the program should not hang with a message with an "ok" button. Anyway, I am trying to figure out what parameters to set on the copy program. All the .wav files are between 30 and 55 megabyts, so I am reasonably sure they are alright. I am getting frustrated.
I do want to thank all those who have given responses. I appreciate your suggestions.

Bruce
Old August 11th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Forgive the commercial answer...

If you want to overcome these problems, and prevent being frustrated... use our Microstudio software to import your audio CD tracks as .wav files. It works flawlessly.

Question is... What is your time worth? Microstudio is designed to do the job for Karaoke users, without the frustration.

Your post indicates that when you get the right settings on your CD Import program that it works with Vogone. That means you have TOO MANY options to play with in the CD program. Microstudio automatically sets "tech related" options to generate a proper .cdg file with music and lyrics combined as on the CDG disc track, and a proper .wav file with all the header parameters to indicate to any other program how to handle it.

Thanks for your suggestion on the error message. I'll write that up as something to look at the next time we upgrade Vogone.