MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 16th, 2002, 05:33 PM

BETAMA-UK

No, never heard of him, should I have ? Is there a similarity of sorts, or am I missing something here? Seems like something just flew over my head

George

Just took a look see. What have they got to crow about at $1.99 per song?
That's $30.00 a pop for just 15 songs compared to $20-25.00 average for ready made CDG's. On top of that you buy their software ??
Old October 16th, 2002, 06:37 PM

BETAMAX-UK

Check this out. allows you to convert files.
You'd still have to process through KHP to add graphics back, but makes it easier.

http://www.cdburner.ca/audio-conversion-wizard/

Take Care,

George
Old November 16th, 2002, 03:36 AM

Mediacloq CD's

I have been reading all these threads and it is very confusing. From what one person said, he tried three Yamahas and one Plextor and could NOT get the Mediacloq to copy. But, he switched to a Sony 140 and got them to copy. I think that's correct. But then there are people saying that they have Plextors and are being able to get the Mediacloq to read. I have both an older Plextor 16/10/40 and a new 40/12/40 and neither of these will read a Mediacloq CD. Before I go out and get a Sony 140, I want to make darn sure that it seems to work with one. And just for the record...I have a HUGE selection of SC disks myself that I have purchased over time. Somewhere around 12,000 songs...and I have noticed that out of all the CDG's that I have...only one or two of the other brands messed up over a 7 year period...however out of sound choice, however about 300 of my 700 Sound choice disks are screwed up. The problem seems to be that even though they have great sound quality, the paint with the reflective surface on the front of the CD rubs off very easily. Just from sliding them in and out of vinyl cases. I even have some as new as a few months doing this. In my opinion, they make them easily defective because they get to charge you full price plus shipping for a new one. That is a crooked business and it's a shame since they are the leading maker of quality karaoke disks. I have tried to talk some sense into sound choice and have been actually talking to a lawyer about seeing what possible steps can be taken to stop them from this. Since The Mediacloq I have stopped buying sound choice disks just out of complete anger since I know how easy these things mess up. I never had as much of a problem with the disks as long as I could back them up and make a much better copy to use...but what SC is doing is a outrage. Anyone that has a large collection of SC disks and may be interested in the lawsuit can let me know. We can stop them from doing this. The way I see it is if they want to do us loyal customers that have been with them forever, wrong, they deserve to be brought down.
Old November 16th, 2002, 03:53 AM

SONY CRX 140

Just another question. The Sony CRX 140E...I have been searching on Ebay for one of these. What are the specs of this drive? Is it the 48X12X48? I didn't see one labeled a CRX 140E...thanks
Old November 16th, 2002, 06:34 AM
Blocked from Forums

Dont the chartbusters also have mediaclog i have bought them but they will not duplicate in microstudio what i have to do is import the tracks one at a time leaving the last track alone(its only data)
Old November 16th, 2002, 08:29 AM

ATTN: STEVE WALKER-Re: MUSTANG93

This is the type of stuff we were harranguing about a few months back when I said SC is an inferior product. Here's another case.

George

Last edited by George; November 16th, 2002 at 10:26 AM.
Old November 16th, 2002, 09:50 AM

Betamax, I think you will find that it is a multi-session disc, and not media cloq, top tunes also records some in this format, I have mentioned on the threads in the past that I use two programs to back up, Micro Studio, and for the multi session discs I use a program that reads and writes in RAW mode, it just shows a data track as session 2 on the disc, not a protection program.

But they (Chartbuster) are a member of KAPA, and I would not put it past them to try a protection down the road if they can get the bugs out of it.

But with Micro studio you can still back up your discs, it just takes a little more work, use import selected tracks, and just leave the last track off instead of importing one at a time in custom assembly.

Jim
Old November 16th, 2002, 10:01 AM

Mustang 93

The Sony CRX 140 E Spressa is an older drive with the speeds being 8-4-32, they go for between $10 and $40.
Go to google and just type in 'sony crx 140e' and it will find them for you. You will also need an older version of Micro Studio, 2.312 works for some people.

Or do like me, dump your protected sound choice discs on e-bay, the new discs are not protected, and are cheaper.

Jim
Old November 16th, 2002, 11:50 AM

Mediacloq-Let me get it straight

It seems like you're saying that I need to get not only an older Sony Burner, but also and older version of the Microstudio as well? So are we saying that even with the older Sony burner, some people still can't copy the Mediacloq disks with a newer version of microstudio? Does it have to be the older Sony burner? The new sony burners won't copy them? I just want to be straight about this before I go and make a purchase like this. It's kind of frustrating when I already own two Plextor burners already. LOL. There needs to be a way to beat this protection because we as business owners have a right to back up our disks incase they screw up. Even legal rights organizations know this when they gave us that right. SC and Chartbuster and whoever else uses this protection should know that if they start this Mediacloq protection again, they are going to lose a LOT of business. Maybe they're just too rich to care but when you've got people like me who used to buy $200 worth of disks a month to keep my selection of disks current (and I'm sure there are thousands of "me's" out there) and then they go to having only the people who just like to buy CDG's to sing, that's gonna hurt business...bad. It maybe bad of me to give up, but if SC and other companies start using this protection pretty regular, I'll just get out of my business before I'll buy disks that mess up a week after you get them and not be able to do anything about it. And by the way...how can I get an older version of microstudio should I need it?
Old November 16th, 2002, 03:05 PM

If you read this thread from begining to end you should know that some of us with the same programs, and burners can and others can't back up Media Cloq protected Sound Choice discs. I tried, and did not have any luck, so I dumped the discs.

I don't buy anything with protection on it and if they ever put it back on they can kiss my $$$ goodbye.

You see Micro Studio can't be made to beat someone's copyright protection program, that's against the law.

Some people just happened on the burner, and program that would work for some.

Jim
Old November 16th, 2002, 06:30 PM
Blocked From MTU.Community

THE BEST WAY TO STOP SOUND CHOICE FROM DOING THIS IS TO STOP BUYING THEM . BUT THERE IS A WAY AROUND THIS.THER IS SOFTWARE OUT THERE TO GET AROUND THIS AND YOU WILL NEED A PLEXTOR 40 MAX TO READ THE DISC.YOU NOW IF SOUND CHOICE WOULD STOP TRYING TO PRICE FIX THE MARKET PEOPLE WOULD NOT BE DOING THIS.I WILL NOT TALK IN THE FORUM ABOUT THIS KEEP LOOKING YOU WILL FIND THIS GIVE YOU A HIT IN CALF.
Old November 16th, 2002, 06:53 PM

Talking Burner HP 4392 56000 (aka 8100) works

I just finished loading Hoster.

I have about 130 SC disks was lucky enough to only have 2 SC discs with the real media clog (they have a little microphone on them and actually say media clog). 3 others had a track 16 and got hung up on the 15th track. As someone pointed out somewhere in this thread, Microstudio records these properly even though you get an error (they do leave extra time at the end of the song & Hoster doesn't go the next song until the timer runs out).

I hooked up my old 4X HP8100 and it read the Mediaclog discs using the current version of Microstudio with no problem.

In going through all of my disks, I did find that most of my disks that skip are SC. It seems their problem with the front paint coming off is limited to certain disks because the disks with the bad paint seem to be bad in all 3 of my systems.

Wayne
Old November 17th, 2002, 01:16 AM

Yeah...it took me a little while to figure out what was making my disks skip. But, I began to notice it started being a lot of them so I started examining the disks very closely...it's only my SC that do it...when I started examining, I started noticing little marks that looked like they were on the burned side of the CD...but the more I looked I began to notice the it was actually that the reflective surface paint was coming off the the painted side with all the written material on it (Songs names, etc.). As I began to go through my entire collection, I found like 300 of these things doing it...and not all of them were older disks...some as recent as a few months ago that I bought are doing it. When I called SC, they gave me some bull about it being the older disks and disks wear out over time and blah blah...I have regular audio disks and some DK, MM and Charbuster that I've had for longer than SC and none of them are doing it. I really hate that SC choice is going this...I really used to like them..it's why I have such a large collection of them. But, now I'm beginning to see that it's not about taking care of you customers...especially your goods ones...but making as much money as fast as you can. I just hate that philosophy. It's really shame it's come to me having to talk to lawyers before being able to get something done.
Old November 17th, 2002, 01:18 AM

Anybody have a burner to sell?

Oh, and as far as getting an older drive, I looked on Google.com and Tigerdirect.com and ebay and I don't see any older 8100 HP drives or Older sony 140e....does anyone have one of these drives that they'd like to sell? Or maybe give me a good like on where I can get one. Thanks
Old November 17th, 2002, 11:16 AM

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...m=R2&catref=C3

Click on the above link for HP 8100 cdr on Ebay.

Jim
Old November 18th, 2002, 01:57 PM

Help - MeidaCloq and Top Tunes

I am using a PleXwriter 40/12/40A

With SOME Top Tunes CDG's (even in a set) I find they will NOT copy using DiscDupe 2000 or MTU's disc copy program. I CAN, however, copy all but the last song using the import tracks feature. The last song even if tried individually gives a copy error message. The last song simply will not copy.

I tried one of my MediaCloQ disks and it will not copy at all, using the same programs and I even tried xclone. Individually I get the same error message with each song, and of course it will NOT play on the computer off the original disc, of course that is noted on the bottom f the disc.

Any other suggestions other than those already in the forum?

I did notice that in importing all tracks the last one spun forever, I will try the trick of opening up the drive at that point. It is the last song that I have the problem with, I always leave off that 3 second data piece on the end

Last edited by Altair; November 18th, 2002 at 03:05 PM.
Old November 18th, 2002, 02:43 PM

The top tunes put out some multi session discs, the custom assembly will show more tracks than song tracks, the last track is just data, and not needed.
Use the custom assembly and only select the track numbers that have songs. If 15 songs, and 16 tracks, then leave the 16th track off, burn your disc and test it in your player, it should be good.

Jim
Old November 21st, 2002, 08:24 AM

COPYING VCD PROBLEM

Does anyone out there know if WORLD STAR brand VCD Karaoke discs are employing copy protection? A very nice lady across the pond needs help. She said she has successfully copied VCD Karaoke discs before using Microstudio, which makes one wonder if it may be copy protection.

Any input helpful.

Thanks, George
Old November 21st, 2002, 04:08 PM
Frequent Member

Have searched about six diffrent Forums on the Internet and can't find ANY reference or complaints that World Star is using any copy protection.

Also talked with several OPS in the Karaoke Channels of mIRC and they said they no of NO COPY PROTECTION BEING USED ON WORLD STAR.

That's all I can tell you as of todays date.
Old January 13th, 2003, 04:06 PM

Question External CDR drive

Hey out there in MTU Land... Anybody know of any external drives USB or other that will copy the MediaCroak'd SC discs? I would prefer to not have to do surgery to my New Box now that it's working on the majority of my discs and all to add another drive.
Gracias, Mi Amigo's!!
...The WallerMan
Waller, Texas