MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 22nd, 2002, 07:15 PM

You are correct George, about the wait and see. I have the option to put another unit on the road five nites a week, but have been waiting to see what SC does before I buy another Foundation one and two and the full set of bricks. If I could locate them unprotected, I would buy two full sets to cover my behind before they try another protection. That is some major bucks that I won't spend on protected discs.
Old May 16th, 2002, 02:05 PM

I was unsuccessful also!

I have the newest version of Microstudio and a Plextor 2410 and I was not able to import or complie as some have....so I guess either it's an older version of the software that works, or just a particular make and model of drive that will read the MediaClog tracks....That really does leave our butt hanging doesn't it.

I will keep looking out on here is someone gets a definative solution....I have heard that Party Tyme is soon going to go to MediaClog also. I hope it doesn't pan out.
Old May 16th, 2002, 04:05 PM

Here is another idea.

I found this article about MediaCloq v1.0 for music cd's ...I wonder if this might work for cdg's.

I will try this when I get a chance but it might take me awhile to try...if anyone else has the time to try it...let me know.

Check it out: http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware...cloq_v10.shtml
Old May 17th, 2002, 12:59 PM

Didn't work for me either!

Nope, that didn't work either....
Back to the drawing board!
Old May 17th, 2002, 04:06 PM

Mediaclog and perticular disk/tracks.

I have been able to import most disks and tracks except the following list. Has anyone been successful with the following tracks? If so what equipment was used? Are these Disk/tracks the most difficult to import for everyone? Can the missing tracks be imported using a different original copy of the disks?

8703-6&11, 8706-12&14, 8708-4&12, 8709-9&11,
8710-2, 8711-6, 8712-7, 8713- 8-13&15, 8715-10
8720-6-7&8, 8723-8, 8724-7-8&11, 8728-11,
8729-9, 8730-2, 8731-2-9&12 10 8734-2,7&14 8735-2&15

Last edited by Albert; May 26th, 2002 at 12:39 PM.
Old May 19th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Frequent Member

on 8715 i got all clean copies of all the tracks- you must have a bad copy.
Old May 28th, 2002, 04:27 PM

OK, it seems that we are all trying to back up our Sound Choice, we know what media cloq is, and some people are posting threads telling that they were sucessful in doing that. Others of us have tried but never gotten anything but coasters.
We are asking for the combination of program version and what burner works, it's that simple.

Help those of us that still have not hit the combination yet.
Old June 1st, 2002, 11:02 AM
Frequent Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jim in ohio
OK, it seems that we are all trying to back up our Sound Choice, we know what media cloq is, and some people are posting threads telling that they were sucessful in doing that. Others of us have tried but never gotten anything but coasters.
We are asking for the combination of program version and what burner works, it's that simple.

Help those of us that still have not hit the combination yet.
AMD K6-2 500 mhz
windows 98se
Microstudio
HP 8100 Series cd writer
Old June 1st, 2002, 05:51 PM

Thanks, but what version of Microstudio??

I have tried with a plextor 1610
microstudio 2.312
windows 98se
celeron 500

I have great success with everything but sound choice.
Old June 3rd, 2002, 12:19 AM

Angry One more time............

Ok. This is my last time to post here unless some people catch on to the original intent of the thread. It was not to explain how we each made copies of these media clog cd's but who who did and with what. Soooo here I go again.... MTU Micro Studio version 2.314
Burner: Sony CRX 140E
CD Clone: 3.0.8.2
Now I'll say it for the last time :
3 different Yamaha models.... no go.
Plextor 1610A.... no go.
Simply put.... If you put in the disk and try to copy info off the disk using ANY program and you get a READ ERROR ........ it is the burner... not the program. I've been able to read every M.C. S.C. with even cd player (windows)with the Sony. the others.......NO GO. Please don't focus on the program. BURNER...BURNER......BURNER!!!!!!
Old June 4th, 2002, 02:49 PM
Frequent Member

Re: One more time............

Quote:
Originally posted by more4les
Ok. This is my last time to post here unless some people catch on to the original intent of the thread. It was not to explain how we each made copies of these media clog cd's but who who did and with what. Soooo here I go again.... MTU Micro Studio version 2.314
Burner: Sony CRX 140E
CD Clone: 3.0.8.2
Now I'll say it for the last time :
3 different Yamaha models.... no go.
Plextor 1610A.... no go.
Simply put.... If you put in the disk and try to copy info off the disk using ANY program and you get a READ ERROR ........ it is the burner... not the program. I've been able to read every M.C. S.C. with even cd player (windows)with the Sony. the others.......NO GO. Please don't focus on the program. BURNER...BURNER......BURNER!!!!!!
Unless you count the fact that CDrwin doesn't work with mediacloq at all despite having a burner that works with microstudio 2.314 perfectly. Maybe these cd clone and nero might work but am perfectly happy with Microsudio and won't go with any other program.
Old June 4th, 2002, 05:46 PM

CDRWIN ?

Danny,
You're wrong. As you should know by now that CDRWin does not do multi-session cd's... so they say. It does do them IF you know how. I won't get into that here as it is inappropiate to discuss CDRWin in a MTU forum. If you would like a lesson on how contact me directly. That said using the same method for multi-sessions on Media Clog CD+G's gives identical results. If your burner can read the CD for MTU then it will for others. I have yet to here from anyone who could use MTU and a Plextor or Yamaha. Yet I get e-mails from people with these burners begging me to tell them how to make copies of media clog cd's. They missed the very first statement I made.... I have both a couple of yamaha's (now three) and a plextor (which I personally think is the best burner I own) and after countless hours of trying every idea I had could not get past the dreaded "Can't read sector" message. I purchased a Sony and away I went like it was any other CD+G using MTU except it couldn't read two tracks. Then using the method I described I made a copy that included Media Clog and with that copy finished the two tracks I missed earlier. I have spent at least one hundred hours to get these findings. I have used other people's computers with differnt burners, borrowed burners and I posted my results. I was hoping others that had SUCCESS would post, not a long and endless line of people with failures. Then those who can't seem to make copies could look at what others are doing (several others, not just one or two)and the we all could draw a conclusion as to how what it takes to make it work. I have drawn a conclusion as to what makes it NOT work...... certain burners cannot fully read the media clog cd's.
Don't mistake reading a table of contents with actually reading the data on the CD. When you put the cd into the burner, the burner first reads the table of contents. When you ask it to rip(import) the track THEN it attempts to actually read the track info. I think people confuse the two. They think the burner reads the cd when you first insert it. When you ask MTU to load the cd in order to select the tracks it only reads the Table of Contents (TOC). Once you select the tracks and attempt to import the tracks now it is reading the CD and this is when you get "Can't read Sector" or something simular. I really hope everyone reads this more than once. Then maybe they'll say "Oh, now I get it!" Goodnight all.
Old June 5th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Frequent Member

I have tried both cdrwin and microstudio and the easist one to get by the dreaded media cloq of the 2 is microstudio. I don't bother with track 16 and get perfect copies everytime.
Old June 5th, 2002, 08:41 PM

Comparison....

Danny,
I agree with you as far as ease of use goes. Also you can see the ripped track before you burn it. My earlier statement was that CDRWin COULD make a copy of a Media Clog CD if MTU could with the same burner. If anyone believes they can't make a copy using CDRWin and can make one with MTU then I would like to give them instructions on how to try to get CDRWin to make a copy to prove it is in the burner not the software that allows you to make a copy of a Media Clog disk. One more strange thing... the tracks that I couldn't get MTU to read....CDRWin would not either. Hmmm......
P.S. MTU is ALOT easier to use.... Hands down.
Old June 18th, 2002, 10:21 AM

One other thing that could make a difference with each of the drives is the actual firmware versions. If you have a drive that will work, could you post Firmware versions of this drive? This would be the number such as like 1.0b or something that shows in Microstudio after the name of the drive in the Reading and Writing drives pull down lists.

I have a feeling this is where the protection lies in older drives, they haven't been updated to have this protection, but in the newer drives the companies have updated it to support this form of security.

Just a hunch.
Old June 18th, 2002, 10:33 AM

Bryan, if I'm reading correctly what you're saying indirectly is that if a burner is working properly, and copies media clog, and the firmware is flash-upgradeable, DO NOT go to mfgr's site and download firmware upgrade, just thinking to keep current. Leave well enough alone.Right?

George
Old June 18th, 2002, 04:59 PM

This is what I am thinking George. I am thinking it has something to do with older versions of the firmware. If people would post this in here, that are using burners that are working, this could prove this. If the burner already isn't copying the MediaCloq, like all the new Plextors, should be new enough that they have the security built into them, then the firmware updates won't matter.
Old June 18th, 2002, 05:13 PM

firmware HP 8100

I have a HP 8100 with firmware 1.0g
And It definately will not read Mediacloq disks....I wish I had an older version of the firmware!
Old June 18th, 2002, 05:13 PM

Sorry I can't test help in that regard. The minute I heard about SC using media guard I quit buying them and as a result don't have one to test with.

Thanks, George
Old June 19th, 2002, 10:56 AM

Talking They Have Stopped using Media Cloq

I called Sound Choice customer service to give them a piece of my mind about Media Cloq, but I found out that they have stopped using it untill they get the problem of it not playing on some DVD-CD-CD+G units correctly.
So I purchased some sets of foundation#2 and some bricks, and none of them have any protection on them. If you are like me, I don't think anyone makes a better sounding disc than Sound Choice, buy them while you can with out protection.