MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 22nd, 2006, 09:40 AM

Question HELP!! Plextor 712A and Microstudio 2.613

I have a 712A DVD-USB and everything works fine in Microstudio 2.613 until I try to make a copy?!? It goes through it's routine just fine, and says it's coppied and ejects the disk! But when I try to play it, I get nothing! Went to Plextor and downloaded sofware...But nothing!?! Also, when I got this drive with my software, It didn't come in a box. Just the end flaps. Is this the way everybody gets'em? The instructions have a picture of a nice sleek unit, But mine is a big ugly silver box that I don't know how to even open to do a self-test Diagnostics?? This is a internal drive inside a aftermarket box from "Bytecc". One last thing...If I buy a Plextor off the internet somewhere else that says it will do CG+G's, Will it work with MTU's Hoster and the like? as I have all the programs from MTU! I have spent four days trying to debug this #$%%^ and I've just about given up!! Help, Bruce
Old May 22nd, 2006, 07:54 PM

Thumbs up Never Mind !

You know how sometimes you can't see the forest through the tree's? Well, This is one of those times. Yee-Ha! I had some older CDR's I used before and didn't see to check there speed. Man, Don't use the "AUTO" command!! It doesn't work!! Found that out when I went back to "HELP", And there it was! Now everything is working fine, Thank you very much! I still think I had some other questions up there you could answer for me though? After 5-Days of this, I need a Drink! HaHaHa! Bruce
Old May 22nd, 2006, 08:58 PM

The auto does work. The auto will allow it to run as fast as possible. You will need to figure out what on your computer is slowing it down to cause this.

At least you found a way to get around it though on your system.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 02:48 PM

Question What's Slowing it down??

Can you give me some idea's as to what's slowing it down?? I defraged and ran a Spy program, And did the things it said to do in" help", I thought?? I was getting "Error:'WRITE' comand failed on device 2:0:0....Unexpected error (04h 00h 00h) And another time I got "Finish DAO Recording command failed on device 2:0:0 And we know what that means, Don't We?? And by the way, The Number 1 800 866-3935 to Plextor? Is not Plextor!! It dials a message and cut's you off. You guy's might want to look into that? So...What do you think? Bruce
Old May 23rd, 2006, 04:40 PM

Plextor did change their phone numbers. They are listed at www.plextor.com.

As to the slow downs, the only thing I can think of that might cause this is the Drivers for the Motherboard. Such as the Chipset drivers of the USB drivers, since it is an external USB drive.

Also make sure that you have USB 2.0 on your computer and you're not using USB 1.1.